• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Simpson's Upgrades and stuff continued

As I mentioned elsewhere, I think that The Simpsons profiles largely seem unreliable and based on outliers and joke abilities very rarely displayed over an extreme amount of episodes.

Antvasima said:
As I mentioned elsewhere, I think that The Simpsons profiles largely seem unreliable and based on outliers and joke abilities very rarely displayed over an extreme amount of episodes.
Toon force is consistent in the series though, and if we were to downgrade them just because they're from a slice-of-life cartoon then that would be the equivalent to making family guy characters 10-B due to peter getting roughed up by regular humans or brian getting killed from being hit by a car or stewie getting beaten up by a young girl

there's a lot more 8-C feats in the simpsons than you think

It goes beyond Toon Force tho. There are a bunch of feats yet to be calced to call for a specific inconsistency.

There are a bunch of potential Tier 8 feats from the beginning. If anything, anything above 8-B might be the actual outlier since there are not more than one instance where the characters have been that strong.

Okay. What about the joke abilities? Flanders being able to summon God at will and such?

Its something he's done twice (or three/four times if i'm not mistaking) in the series, and at the very least, powers like those could be one of the many examples of toon force since almost every western animation character has powers stemming from toon force so they should be fine to keep

He has summoned him on a few ocassions, but he never use it for combat purposes, so it's non-combat applicable.

Won't be much use in combat less bloodlusted realistically. It should stay on his page for multiple uses. But shouldn't be considered in vs thread less he be bloodlusted.

And there are a large quantity of feats that show Simpsons being into Tier 8. Several building consuming and destroying explosion people survived, Homer cause an explosion from the basement of his house which then consumed his entire house, the beer explosion feat which completely destroyed their roof, Bart have gallons and gallons of oil smashing into him, The helicopter crash feat I found not too long ago, Moe destroyed his own tavern with a swing of his sledgehammer, Wiggum surviving his tank destruction, Skinner getting caught in a car Vap explosion. And we even have a scene where homer gets a little annoyed and stomps enough times to shake the building and cause part of it to break. And that doesn't cover them all.

It's definitely consistent enough. These aren't even at one point in the series. These feats have actually spread across the show.

There gag abilities have gotten consistent and just far more toon like. Especially regen and and resurrection. Which homer has revived himself at least 4 times in the show. As well as non physical interaction. Done several times. And by multiple characters. And the several other gags they do. Marge has 2 instances of teleportation. And most "gag abilities" have been uses on multiple occasions. We shouldn't ground them to reality. They have shown Gag and toon force feats on a consistent level. Even early show has displayed it and gone to continue as far as recent episodes. Their abilities should be allowed. Not only are they used several times. But their type of show supports it. This isn't King of the hill. It's basically family guy. Which we have allowed such abilities and feats. Simpsons isn't any different. Shows like KOTH are meant to be grounded more towards realism. But definitely not the Simpsons. They make way too make toon abilities happen and even on a consistent level.

The outliers I support currently are their MCB and the like two town-city level ones. They aren't consistent enough. But the other such things should be.

So, well. Regenaration. So can that be upgraded? Any issues? Feat of him healing his skull being completely flattened

GyroNutz said:
I already explained why the regen feat was Low-Mid last thread, afaik it hasn't been countered.
I had been over that point.

The cog does entirely crush his skull, We see his head is inside where the cog goes, then the cog completely pushes and crushes his head. I even showed the frame of it. This would flatten his skull and more importantly. the brain, which is what would bump it to mid. It didn't do it slightly or halfway. By the way cogs work and how it was animated, Homers entire skull was flattened. The sounds of bone breaking is even more supportive of that

If its that you dont believe it justfies that high regen, thats an entirely different can of worms as what we have for regen should qaulify as your entire skull flattened and healing from it should qualify since thr brain is a very vital organ, and being flattened is extremely vital damage.

Mid: The ability to regenerate from decapitation or severe brain damage

Being flattened down basically like a pancake would most certainly qualify under what we have currently. Even if it smashed only up to 60 or 70 percent of his skull, thats still severe brain damage.

Three things

1. How would y'all feel about using certain TOH episodes which have been referenced in canon? There have been a couple Tree house horror which have been referenced before, and didn't have any major plot changing things happen that would cause plot holes in canon. Example. the one where Aliens Abduct The Simpsons family. It doesn't kill any major characters (or any at all), has been referenced in later episodes, and doesn't cause any plot holes. But may offer some abilities or feats. Only episodes with no major plot holes in current canon. Like ones that kill main characters or characters who show up in later canon. Since a lot of them kill of characters like the Simpsons or willie, or others. Think that would be ok?

2. Bump for Regen discussion

3. Most of the cast should get Extrasensory Perception. Most have seen and acknowledged ghosts

This at least could maybe support Class 5. If there's a way to calc it, possibly higher. But Homer and 6 others pulled (homer pushed from behind) a Caboose up two very steep hills. It was on wheels though. But still would take an immense amount of strength.

Your point still doesn't cover issues. Also. I have a new few points which actually do support my argument I just came across

You're generalising too much. While it's a cartoon, the Simpsons aren't nearly as toon force based as most other cartoons, to the point where it's mainly a greatly exaggerated reality rather than an unbased fictional world.

They are pretty toon like. Even in regen it's consistent. Moe has had his head crushed flat. Homer had part of his head cut off. His heart ripped out. Bones in his back broken. Then their other consistent gags like teleportation, Resurrection, Non physical interaction. It's in no way unreal for Homer to have this.

We know that the gap wasn't completely filled up because there was water still in the gap, with most of it still being in there.

That's not how those kinds of cogs work. As well. The water is shown to be leaking out. Once it started to come down, water was drawn to leak out on all the side. I have a picture to further proof my point. But it's ahead, So I'll wait one this.

We also know that Homer causes a jam in the very next part of the scene, even if it's temporary, so we know that the force of one cog wouldn't be enough to completely flatten Homer

Unrelated. He jams those up with his body. But the early scene he doesn't cause any remote jam in the cog.

The cracking sounds don't support anything more than Low-Mid; if I'm honest, that's one of the only reasons why I don't think the feat should be discarded entirely.

It was where his brain was. The cog itself was both large enough to fill most of not all the gap, and cogs like this are supposed to fill most of the hole, this breaking would both cause head and likely beck breaking due to the fact of how his head was inside.

Plus. Should bring this up. His entire body got crushed as well. His head didn't just go under it. Here's a good frame to support my case

1D2632F7-F7C6-4781-A168-727A743E3471

This frame here shows most certainly that his head was being crushed inside. We even see water leaking out as well. And this is when his head was coming out. Meaning that his head when under the cog was flattened even more. And this frame alone should justify mid regen. That's serious brain damage right there. Half his skull is crushed in. Which is all it takes for mid regen. Even crushed halfway would be considerable mid regen. Considering it's major brain damage. And he healed so quickly. So what we see here alone should help justify that, and his head being under it entirely meaning his head was even more crushed (even if we assumed not the very bottom).

On top of that. Look at the body. His body has been almost entirely flattened. So a massive amount of his organs and his heart would be flattened nearly entirely. Not to mention. The cog itself definitely would have broken homers spine. Wether it was under the flat part or crushed into a hole. It would have broken and flattened his spine. So several important and major organs and body parts like the heart and spine would have been flattened with the rest of his body and he healed. This adding on even more to support mid.

So he both healed a flattened brain, Broken and flattened spine, and flattened body and legs. This should qualify for Mid regen. Which I should note. This regen isn't even new to the Simpsons. Some characters like Moe have had their skulls crushed flat before and healed very quickly.

Could. But wouldn't be better than the Uber drivers who dodged moes shotgun at point blank range

Which BTW, probably should get em supersonic.

Bart has outsmarted Skinner several times. That's a good feat considering his intelligence. But the other video you showed I would say is prep, and some good knowledge, considering he knew the needed force for the bell to cause all that

"They are pretty toon like. Even in regen it's consistent. Moe has had his head crushed flat. Homer had part of his head cut off. His heart ripped out. Bones in his back broken. Then their other consistent gags like teleportation, Resurrection, Non physical interaction. It's in no way unreal for Homer to have this."

Most episodes can go by without something toon force related. More so can go by with at most low level toon force. I don't remember stuff like resurrection and teleportation being consistent gags. Although it not seeming 'unreal' doesn't make it real.

"That's not how those kinds of cogs work. As well. The water is shown to be leaking out. Once it started to come down, water was drawn to leak out on all the side. I have a picture to further proof my point."

The water leaks out a bit because Homer's head is in the space. Usually, no water would leak out because the cog wouldn't fill the entire space. Hence, as we know there is a decent amount of empty space, his head couldn't be completely crushed.

"Unrelated. He jams those up with his body. But the early scene he doesn't cause any remote jam in the cog."

His head isn't part of his body? Him not causing a jam is the point; when the cogs face an obstruction, they can't move. But Homer wasn't enough of an obstruction for the cogs to stop.

"It was where his brain was. The cog itself was both large enough to fill most of not all the gap, and cogs like this are supposed to fill most of the hole, this breaking would both cause head and likely beck breaking due to the fact of how his head was inside."

I already explained why the cog couldn't have filled the entire gap. On top of my points above, the angle the cog would have to go in with to perfectly move into the hole is completely unrealistic. His head looked about half the size it should have been, which I doubt qualifies as severe brain damage.

In terms of the rest of his body, that'd come under fatal wounds and/or organ damage. Both of these are Low-Mid. Generally, one would have to be crushed completely flat to get Mid regen.

I don't know who that random thug would scale to in terms of speed.

" Most episodes can go by without something toon force related. More so can go by with at most low level toon force. I don't remember stuff like resurrection and teleportation being consistent gags. Although it not seeming 'unreal' doesn't make it real."

In earlier episodes yes. But in more recent episodes. Gags have grown large in numbers. Maybe not extremely gaggy like FG or Bugs Bunny. But certainly enough they qualify for it. As for the other thing

There have been a total of 4 at least times of resurrection. Once in a hospital when homer stopped his heart and then flew back into his body

Once when he had a heart attack and flew back into his body

He left his body and his ghost body once and had to have gone back into his body

And he chocked to death in something and his ghost forced it out and went back into himself.

Marge has teleported at least twice. Once while arguing with homer. Another time while they were dancing. Many others which are consistent. Like Homer interacting with thought bubbles, Moe has entered unto people's thoughts, so has Marge and others. Regen also. Moe has been nearly entirely crushed under an elevator, has his skull crushed, others have broken bones, homers even lost a part of his head.

"The water leaks out a bit because Homer's head is in the space. Usually, no water would leak out because the cog wouldn't fill the entire space. Hence, as we know there is a decent amount of empty space, his head couldn't be completely crushed."

It doesn't 100 percent have to flatten it all. The fact it flattens a good portion is enough. Mid regen is severe brain damage. Having half you brain crushed is severe. And what we see alone in the picture o showed is severe.

"His head isn't part of his body? Him not causing a jam is the point; when the cogs face an obstruction, they can't move. But Homer wasn't enough of an obstruction for the cogs to stop."

Ok. I see your point here. Though in this case, his head wasn't just Want just being crushed down. In that case with the jamming. That's cause he got in between two moving gears, the other one, only a moving gear and the ground. As well. His entire head doesn't even need to be crushed for it to be severe. Half of it to a large portion would be enough. Which would qualify here do to the look of it. Homer already had half his head crushed, andearlier would have crushed it even further. Aka. More than 50 percent of his head was crushed.

"I already explained why the cog couldn't have filled the entire gap. On top of my points above, the angle the cog would have to go in with to perfectly move into the hole is completely unrealistic. His head looked about half the size it should have been, which I doubt qualifies as severe brain damage."

And I bring up. It doesn't need to. Severe damage of the brain isn't entirely flattening it. Even crushing it halfway is severe. Considering he had that happen all at once is saying a lot.

As well. Remember. This is showing half his head is being crushed While Coming Out. Meaning when his head was entirely under it, it would have been crushed even further.

And for the body thing, really? His entire waist was about 90 percent flattened. That seriously only Low-Mid. Dang

I think Marge reacts to them? But I'll rewatch the episodes to make sure of it.

GyroNutz said:
His head looked about half the size it should have been, which I doubt qualifies as severe brain damage.
It should qualify, mid regen is Severe damage to the brain. Having half of it to more than half of it crushed is severe damage.

I asked Ant about it too. he believes it definitely qualifies as mid. This picture does show about half of it being crushed. And when his head was under it, it would have been crushed even more. It's more then halfway crushed under the cog itself. So Mid regen should work fine.

Also should note.

Mr. Burns could probably get a Mid Regen upgrade with Hatred. His hatred healed him After most of his skull flattened.

Back