• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I did not receive any notification all this time.

I don't see how either person's neck is any weaker than the other,

A neck being weaker than the other opponent’s neck matters... because? The argument is if Saitama can choke Simon out. Both have unknown lifting strength listed in their profiles so it’s incon if Simon can break out or not, and they are on the same tier 9 to be comparable for Saitama to choke Simon out.

Saitama would probably not even use the tie in this fight at all, it's just a piece of cloth nothing more.

Why did people upvote your post on that? In this key, Saitama uses his tie in his 1st move to attack than ever throwing a punch or a kick. He used it as a weapon to kill.

“would probably not even use the tie”

Are the FRA’s based on this out-of-character point for Saitama?

Last edited:
I did not receive any notification all this time.

Why did people upvote your post? In this key, Saitama uses his tie in his 1st move to attack than ever throwing a punch or a kick. He used it as a weapon to kill.

“would probably not even use the tie”

Are the FRA’s based on this out-of-character point for Saitama?
I don't think we're allowed to do out of character, but the closest you'll get is bloodlusted

Why did people upvote your post? In this key, Saitama uses his tie in his 1st move to attack than ever throwing a punch or a kick. He used it as a weapon to kill.

And then everybody else told you that's absolutely profound.

Anywho, Simon FRA.

Voting for Incon

The AP argument matters if they only did the traditional hand-to-hand.

But Saitama’s, in character, 1st move is using his Tie and target his opponent’s weak point, which was Crab monster’s eye and this match would be Simon’s neck.

It’s Incon since both Saitama’s and Simon’s lifting Strength are listed as Unknown. So I have no idea if Simon can break out of Saitama’s strangle or not.

Voting for Incon

The AP argument matters if they only did the traditional hand-to-hand.

But Saitama’s, in character, 1st move is using his Tie and target his opponent’s weak point, which was Crab monster’s eye and this match would be Simon’s neck.

It’s Incon since both Saitama’s and Simon’s lifting Strength are listed as Unknown. So I have no idea if Simon can break out of Saitama’s strangle or not.
Counted

His first move was to use his tie AGAINST SOMEONE WHO COULD ONLY BE KILLED BY THE TIE

Tell me, what prevents Simon, or ANYONE for that matter, from just decking Saitama in the face if he ever tried to do that (which he ******* wouldn't)

I suppose it would be rather in character for this version of Saitama to result to the only martial art he knows, Muay Tie.

If we are going to talk about how pre-training Saitama fights, I will say he's only ever fought once in this form and he went straight for the tie. Saitama probably can throw punches and kicks competently, but everything but tie attacks are speculative. Personally, I think he would try and use hand to hand first

Holy **** dude. It's not a No Limits Fallacy of course everyone who's 9-A or above can kill Crablante! But Saitama was 9-B, so he ******' couldn't! But his eyes were frail and weak, so he pulled on them!

Ok so, say one character instantly dies when he hears a haiku, and another character's only fight scene is killing this character through that weakness. Would you say he'd start every fight by reciting a haiku?

If we are going to talk about how pre-training Saitama fights, I will say he's only ever fought once in this form and he went straight for the tie. Saitama probably can throw punches and kicks competently, but everything but tie attacks are speculative. Personally, I think he would try and use hand to hand first

Which is fair. But Armorchompy is arguing Saitama would never think about using the Tie in this match.

He wouldn't, because it's not the only way he can win this unlike the time he used it, and it doesn't have any special properties that make it any better than just fighting H2H. If anything else, it's a detriment to Saitama's chances.

it doesn't have any special properties that make it any better than just fighting H2H.

Strangling. There is a reason Hitmen use rope or a wire string to strangle other humans than using their bare hands. It’s more effective.

He wouldn't, because it's not the only way he can win this unlike the time he used it, and it doesn't have any special properties that make it any better than just fighting H2H. If anything else, it's a detriment to Saitama's chances.
I do think this fight normally goes just Hand to Hand, but if they get close and are grappling, I could see Saitama trying to strangle Simon with his tie- he'd probably take it off whenever he has to start exerting himself. I also just find that image kinda funny.

To be fair though, the tie is pretty durable to be able to pull out Crablante's massive insides. That was alotta tension and weight on a tie right there

Yes, in ******* cartoons. Hitmen use poison or sniper rifles. Those garrotes are also far thinner and more efficiently designed than a random piece of cloth. AND they're meant to be used by sneaking up behind the target, not taking them on in an actual fight. If you try choking someone who's already fighting you, all you'll achieve is keep your hands busy while the other's are free to cave your face in

Yes, in ******* cartoons. Hitmen use poison or sniper rifles. Those garrotes are also far thinner and more efficiently designed than a random piece of cloth. AND they're meant to be used by sneaking up behind the target, not taking them on in an actual fight. If you try choking someone who's already fighting you, all you'll achieve is keep your hands busy while the other's are free to cave your face in
MMA fan here (admittedly a casual), but if Saitama were trying to strangle as I imagined- he would be behind Simon and pulling backwards so Simon wouldn't be able to hit him. Saitama isn't so dumb as to try and strangle Simon when he's standing right in front of him in punching range. In a real fight, both guys would clinch up and get close before someone attempts a takedown and throws both of them to the ground (assuming they're in an open space) and then Saitama would attempt a choke after rolling around.

So anyways... hand to hand combat to start for sure, fight probably ends this way since they have an AP difference. If Saitama is smart, he would try and grapple once he knows about the AP difference and then tie would come out in the grapple. It is a rather durable piece of cloth after all. My vote remains with Simon, I think he would probably outbox Saitama on the feat and KO him there most of the time.

Back