• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Silver the Hedgehog vs. Mewtwo

I'm giving this to Silver. In Base Forms, Silver is still easily faster being FTL, whereas Mewtwo has a bit more destructive capability. But here's the thing, even Mewtwo's Mega Forms are nowhere close to the speed and power of Super Silver and since Super Silver is Planetary on par with Super Sonic and Super Shadow as well as being FTL+ then in that state and the fact Mewtwo is nowhere close to being FTL, he's not going to be able to outlast it.

Shadow Mewtwo though, that'd make things a bit more even bringing his DC (It's calc to be Moon Level) up a bit but nowhere close to Planet, but in the end, Silver still wins due to being far faster. Both base and super form.

^ Except destructive capacity, durability, versatility, intelligence....basically Mewtwo is only disadvantaged in terms of speed, and even then, that won't matter much given no-miss moves and the fact that Silver's attacks would do bugger all to him. Unless you're giving Silver his Super Form, in which case yes, Silver does win.

Mewtwo doesn't have a "bit" more DC and durability than Silver. Mewtwo FAR outclasses Silver in that regard. The difference between city-level and island-level is HUGE. It's the difference between Tsar Bomba and every nuclear bomb in the world at once.

You also can't call four posts with only one person providing any type of reasoning a "Notable Victory," Mike. Leave the editing to the admins.

WarriorWare said:
^ Except destructive capacity, durability, versatility, intelligence....basically Mewtwo is only disadvantaged in terms of speed, and even then, that won't matter much given no-miss moves and the fact that Silver's attacks would do bugger all to him. Unless you're giving Silver his Super Form, in which case yes, Silver does win.
Mewtwo doesn't have a "bit" more DC and durability than Silver. Mewtwo FAR outclasses Silver in that regard. The difference between city-level and island-level is HUGE. It's the difference between Tsar Bomba and every nuclear bomb in the world at once.

You also can't call four posts with only one person providing any type of reasoning a "Notable Victory," Mike. Leave the editing to the admins.
Silver stomps.

And yes he can

Good point, guys...is what I would say if you people even bothered to try and make one. You're just blindly saying "Silver wins." That's not a Notable Victory.

Are people here even looking at Mewtwo's page? Holy crap.

Silver is only more destructive or more durable than Mewtwo in Super Form, and the Chaos Emeralds are not his standard equipment. It's like saying I solo the HST if I have the Triforce. Not wrong, but also completely pointless.

In base forms, Mewtwo stomps. Given all forms, I will admit, Silver does win, but those forms require very specific conditions anyway so it hardly matters.

i do plan on going through the all Sonic character pages and through that i would give Silver some of his attacks he used

I think he has an ability where he can make his opponent disoriented and lose there balance and footage and mess up the mechanics of their body as in terms of movement

WarriorWare said:
Silver is only more destructive or more durable than Mewtwo in Super Form, and the Chaos Emeralds are not his standard equipment. It's like saying I solo the HST if I have the Triforce. Not wrong, but also completely pointless.
In base forms, Mewtwo stomps. Given all forms, I will admit, Silver does win, but those forms require very specific conditions anyway so it hardly matters.

And speed in Base. Silver's FTL, in Super Form. He's FTL+

Let's not forget his hax ability Time Stop. Even in base. He's winning.

also what is this stuff about time limits on a super form

and davy0 was saying something about upgrading the base form of sonic characters or something

Darkness552 said:
also what is this stuff about time limits on a super form
and davy0 was saying something about upgrading the base form of sonic characters or something
He has, Darkness. He's been talking about Sonic being upgraded to Continent level.

Aren't chaos emeralds supposed to have unlimited energy?

Anyways I believe he wanted sonic to be upgraded for being stronger than the final egg blaster check contents revision they're is a hyper sonic downgrade thread I'm referring to.

@Cross

really, im going to assume he is going to bring it up later

@CHILL

ive seen that thread have to go over some things about that

as for the super forms time limit idk ive always been told it was a gameplay mechanic, with the evidence of Sonic being able to last in it for several days and the fight against Dark Gaia

DeathBattleMike said:
WarriorWare said:
And speed in Base. Silver's FTL, in Super Form. He's FTL+
Let's not forget his hax ability Time Stop. Even in base. He's winning.
Time Stop will not help Silver if his attacks do zero damage to Mewtwo, which is exactly the case.

anyway Super Silver wins due to obvious reasons

as for Base Form

Silver can pull it out because of his speed otherwise Mewtwo would be able to win

@Darkness552: Don't forget the hax ability Time Stop, tipping the odds more into Silver's favor. @WarriorWare: And what gives you exactly the idea Silver won't be able do zero damage to Mewtwo? Dude nearly killed Sonic and won in their first fight. I think he has what it takes to beat Mewtwo. And again with the speed difference. Base Silver is FTL, Super Form being FTL+, whereas Mewtwo in Base and all forms is only Sub-Relativistic at best.

City level is far below Mewtwo's durability. That's why Silver's attacks would do nothing to Mewtwo. I could argue that Psychic-type attacks aren't very effective against Mewtwo, but that's a huge can of worms.

I don't care if Silver is omnipresent, he's still not taking Mewtwo down. Once Mewtwo lands a hit (which he can with the likes of Swift and Aura Sphere), it's all over for Silver.

WarriorWare: Wow good logic.....In that case, characters with higher durability should beat characters all characters with lower durability.....Yeah doesn't work. That's just a determining factor. There can be other factors too such as speed, destructive capability and hax abilities. I'm sure someone with town durability could beat someone with island durability as long as they have the right things such as the factors I mentioned.

DeathBattleMike said:
WarriorWare: Wow good logic.....In that case, characters with higher durability should beat characters all characters with lower durability.....Yeah doesn't work. That's just a determining factor. There can be other factors too such as speed, destructive capability and hax abilities. I'm sure someone with town durability could beat someone with island durability as long as they have the right things such as the factors I mentioned.
What things? All he has is speed. Time stop doesn't help because even if Mewtwo isn't moving a muscle Silver's attacks won't do anything.

The moment Silver finds his way into any sort of "hitbox," if you will, he's dead.

Characters with lower attack potency than the opponent's durability are, in fact, screwed, unless they have a way to bypass said durability, which Silver doesn't. It's like a dude in a motorcycle armed with only a slingshot fighting an elephant. The dude may be faster than the elephant, but that means bugger all if his attacks won't do anything to it.

It's not about greater durability. It's about greater durability than the other guy's attack potency.

You do realize that we're about to make Sonic characters Continent Busters in a bit right? Just waiting for Dark to get his sealegs back... But Sonic characters are gonna be Continent Busters... so... Silver wins, pretty casually as a matter o' fact.

What's the rationale, again? Is it scaling to Dark Gaia? Because it really stands to reason that Sonic had gotten stronger between '06 and Unleashed, as indicated by his newfound ability to boost.

Doesn't Sonic also say something about holding back, like, all the time in Sonic Battle?

Generations scaling hardly works because Silver winning isn't treated as a possibility like it is in '06.

Dark Gaia, Ifrit, Emerl. Take your pick. Sonic fights against Knuckles (who's always considered physically stronger than he is), Shadow, Silver (Generations shows that he can fight on par with Sonic), etc. Ifrit was considered to be a Planet Buster, stated so multiple times in the story of Sonic Rivals 2. His power was lost due to not having Chao to feed on, so he should have been weaker than what he was supposed to be, but not that much weaker. Every relevant character defeated Ifrit in Sonic Rivals 2, he was at least a Continent Buster while Hungry.

Doesn't matter, still beat Perfect Chaos who can be scaled to the Chaos Emeralds which are AT LEAST Planet Busting sources of energy.

I don't know how that matters, but keep trying though. He was actually going to kill Sonic even AFTER Sonic knew what his powers were in their second confrontation. He then fought him in Generations, so once again, it doesn't matter.

While I know that Silver wins (unfortunately), I'll play devil's advocate and be on team Mewtwo. I'm open on why Sonic characters should be continent.

I know I might get hate for this, but what makes Sonic characters FTL in base? The profiles don't explain much from what I've seen. Regardless, Silver has higher speed anyways even without the FTL label. In the Archie comics, he carries around something whwre he can perform Chronos Control, which grants him the ability to traverse time. It's the only explanation for Silver appearing in Sonic's time multiple times without Mephilis helping. Even beyomd that, his SSB4 trophy states that he warps space-time or something like that to get to the present. Needless to say, he has time powers and even space manipulation (big maybe) either with or without an emerald depending on how you interpret it. What's stopping him from going back in time before Mewtwo was made and/or just going forward through time so that Mewtwo dies of old age?

Regardless, Silver is more likely to win here due to faster speed and better hax along with a Super form that grants him the edge in DC and Durability as well.

Back