• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shulker Revision Thread

This will be quick, don't worry.

Powers and Abilities: Add Resistance to Fire Manipulation and Magma Manipulation, as Shulkers don't take damage from fire or lava (they do drown in lava, however). Also add Resistance to Invisibility, since when a potion of Invisibility is used on it, the core is still visible. Add Instinctive Reaction, as Shulkers teleport instantly when touched by water, their shell can't open, they aren't adjacent to any solid block, or the block they occupy becomes something other than air. Add Adhesive Manipulation, as the Mobestiary says that's how they stick to walls . Add Homing Attack, this is self-explanatory. Add limited Camouflage, as they blend in with their natural habitat (End Cities). Get rid of Gravity Manipulation, replace it with temporary Levitatio Bestowal.

Speed: An immobile monster shouldn't have Subsonic combat/attack speed. Shulker bullets can easily be outrun by a walking player. Below Average Human combat/attack speed. Shulkers attempt to teleport five times a tick when their conditions aren't met (see Instinctive Reaction explanation), which means they can react to environmental changes in 1/100th of a second. I╠ ╠Âd╠Âo╠Ân╠Â'╠Ât╠ ╠Âk╠Ân╠Âo╠Âw╠ ╠Âh╠Âo╠Âw╠ ╠Ât╠Âo╠ ╠Âf╠Âi╠Ân╠Âd╠ ╠Âr╠Âe╠Âa╠Âc╠Ât╠Âi╠Âo╠Ân╠ ╠Âs╠Âp╠Âe╠Âe╠Âd╠Â,╠ ╠Âb╠Âu╠Ât╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âa╠Ât╠ ╠Âs╠Âh╠Âo╠Âu╠Âl╠Âd╠ ╠Âb╠Âe╠ ╠Âa╠Ân╠ ╠Âu╠Âp╠Âg╠Âr╠Âa╠Âd╠Âe╠ ╠Âf╠Âr╠Âo╠Âm╠ ╠ÂS╠Âu╠Âb╠Âs╠Âo╠Ân╠Âi╠Âc╠ ╠Âo╠Âr╠ ╠Âa╠Ât╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠Âv╠Âe╠Âr╠Ây╠ ╠Âl╠Âe╠Âa╠Âs╠Ât╠Â,╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠Âs╠Âa╠Âm╠Âe╠Â.╠Â

EDIT: Yeah, it's Subsonic reactions.

Lifting Strength: See calc blog. Class K.

Intelligence:
Should be Animalistic.

Weaknesses: Clumsily worded. Should say "Becomes more vulnerable when the core is exposed."

That's it. I'll add a detailed Standard Tactics section if this goes through, as well as tabbers for open and closed Shulkers and a quote from the Mobestiary.

Most of this seems fine. For lifting strength, anvils are heavier than gold blocks, because they are made from 4.44 iron blocks. Steve's lifting strength should also be re-calced using anvils. This is unrelated, but why are the mobs' speeds the speed defined by their attributes, even though most of them are actually much slower?

Lifting strength calc hasn't been approved yet so it can't be used yet

Outside that the revision seems fine

This is probably mostly fine, but the calculation has not been approved yet.

DaSmileKat said:
Most of this seems fine. For lifting strength, anvils are heavier than gold blocks, because they are made from 4.44 iron blocks. Steve's lifting strength should also be re-calced using anvils. This is unrelated, but why are the mobs' speeds the speed defined by their attributes, even though most of them are actually much slower?
They're made from 3.44 iron blocks, and them not being able to lift their shell up when a solid block is on top of it an indicator that their lifting strength isn't that great, surely?

Rest of it looks good though.

Even then, anvils still weigh more than gold blocks, since gold blocks weigh 19300kg and anvils weigh 27520kg. Shulkers not being able to lift solid blocks seems to be an inconsistency or game mechanics. Maybe Mojang didn't bother to add moving blocks to shulkers like how they did with pistons.

I don't think we take crafting recipes as legit, it'd lead to ridiculous things like the 100 ton+ enchanted gold apples. And given that there is a low-end in game, even if it is game mechanics, we shouldn't then take the highest possible value based on 24 humanoids fitting into a cubic metre, all with gold armour + blocks.

The recipe for the enchanted golden apple is removed back in 1.9 (quite a long time ago), so we cannot assume it weighs 100+ tons.

I'm aware, but arguments like that are also wrong for being reliant on game mechanics (for instance, 8 blocks of wood are needed to make a chest which is smaller than a block of wood + hollow)

The God of Procrastination said:
Entities in Minecraft show signs of being weightless. Blocks, on the other hand, show opposite signs of weightlessness, though in their case they seem to have inertia.
Ugarik said:
I honestly don't know if it's valid or not. The math is definatly correct but all those blocks act as if they are weightless as they just hang in the air without falling.
Copy and pasting from the blog comments.

All of the lifting strength feats on Minecraft are inherently reliant on blocks weighing the same as they would in real life. They're not all affected by gravity, but some are, such as sand and gravel. I think blocks not being affected by gravity would be Game Mechanics, since it'd be pretty much impossible to build if they all were. From there, we can assume that they all have weight, as we have for previous calcs.

Entities aren't weightless since they're all affected by gravity. A weightless object can't be affected by gravity, ergo, they have weight.

Invalidating this calc for those reasons would invalidate every other Minecraft lifting strength calculation.

Okay. That makes sense. You should ask Ugarik and The God of Procrastrination to comment here. You can tell Ugarik that I would appreciate the help.

Antvasima said:
Okay. That makes sense. You should ask Ugarik and The God of Procrastrination to comment here. You can tell Ugarik that I would appreciate the help.
Has anybody done this yet?

Thank you. Let's hope that they will help out then.

You can ask some other calc group members directly as well: VS Battles Staff

Skip the sarcasm please. I am trying my best to keep things organised and efficient, but am very distracted and overworked.

So just to clarify, is everyone cool with everything else other than the lifting strength? I'd like to wrap this up as fast as possible.

Back