• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shulk vs. Zanku (A Battle Of Precognition) (Voting Completed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. No, not exactly. I just knew they were excellent users of precog. Didn't realize the outcome until afterward.

2. Vision is a separate process that comes from the Monado. Even if Shulk is fooled, his Vision will kick in and show him the truth. I am pretty sure that's how it would work.

I actually do know as his profile explains it quite well (Seriously, that's incredibly well made)

But you seeing a future that's clouded by illusions doesn't change that

Illusions are meant to trick the mind, seeing the future with Monaco doesn't help

That still doesn't address the point. Illusions are not a form of power nullification. There is literally no reason for why his precognition won't work, nor is there a reason why Shulk won't see it coming at least half a minute into the future.

Like I said, even if he is caught in an illusion, unless said illusion nulls his precog, he can, rather casually, see and adjust accordingly to what Zanku will do.

How does these Illusions targeted at Shulks mind effect Zanza and the Monado. And no, his visions are literally visions that Zanza wants him to see. Unless this guy targets Zanza, the visions will work.

For another example

Early Empire Luke Skywalker and Yoda are able to see the future with their respective Precog, yet illusions done by Darth Sidious are still capable of fooling them

Unless he has resistance that's not gonna help

Dragonmasterxyz said:
How does these Illusions targeted at Shulks mind effect Zanza and the Monado. And no, his visions are literally visions that Zanza wants him to see. Unless this guy targets Zanza, the visions will work.
^^^

Last I check they don't have a Low 2-C entity who isn't targeted by the Illusions granting them visions.

the jedi's precognition is not the same as Shulk's precognition. It's more than just sensing something ahead of time. He's literally cheating by already knowing what will happen.

It's like if I'm going through a book and I skip ahead to the next chapter to see what exactly will happen before I even get to that part. Except that in Shulk's case, he can use it to change the outcome of the scenario easily.

Illusions may fool one's perception, but that implies that Shulk's visions are based purely upon his perception of things, which is only partially correct. As he's seen things that have more to do with others than himself, on top of the reason behind him having precog in the first place stemming from the Monado as opposed to himself.

Shulk, at the very least, will see himself dead in the near future even if he is caught. Lashing out with a monado purge isn't unreasonable in that scenario.

But, all this is very unlikely to happen given the fact that Shulk will see it coming well in advance. Unlike Esdeath, Shulk has the gift of knowledge stemming from his precog, meaning that he will already know that something aloof will be going on.

Wait so ZANZA is making him see the future instead of he himself doing it?

That makes much more sense. Shulk FRA

Although...Why is the OP saying the one ability Zank has wouldn't work?

Yes. That is a major plotpoint revealed that Zanza is the one who alliws Shulk to see visions and that any vision Shulk sees is due to Zanza wanting him to see it.

Starter Pack said:
My above

I'm not calling biased, I'm just being sure. But the one ability Zank has over Shulk you actively stated yourself wouldn't work

That's a decisive win which is fine, but did you make this knowing that?

Yeah, at least until after Zanza left Shulk for dead. Literally.

And Shulk is able to gain the same abilities back without Zanza

I should mention Zanza is also capable of making illusions happen, and is the reason early key Shulk has precognition. Though, he still retains Zanza's powers after his WWJD incident. But either way, this seems concluded now.

I will say this isn't his match with Weiss a stomp since he has that scaling chain and she's basline?

Gargoyle One said:
Starter Pack said:
My above
I'm not calling biased, I'm just being sure. But the one ability Zank has over Shulk you actively stated yourself wouldn't work

That's a decisive win which is fine, but did you make this knowing that?
As I said before, I didn't actually realize that until the fight was well underway. All I wanted was a good matchup for High 8-C Shulk, and Zanku hit the mark pretty well. If I knew that beforehand, I would've tried making something a little more interesting.

Put him against a Digimon man...….That was a seriously missed opportunity!

Which I....Gargoyle One, as punishment for my sins, shall make

Someone with precog, preferably. I don't dive too much into Digimon, so I'm not exactly sure.

(Plus, ain't all the High 8-C Digimon Rookies?)

Only Digimon with precog are the higher level ones currently. Although Precog isn't much of an issue. Renamon X will be fun.

Never said it was. But, I digress. Go for that Kitty'mon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back