• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shulk vs. Madoka

Oblivion Of The Endless said:
Acausality Type 5 + Conceptual Manip Type 2 and Law = Ded shulk and alvis
but sir

madoka doesn't have those

The biggest issue is I'm uncertain how Shulk will deal with time arrow, can he avoid paradoxes?

Shulk straight up doesn't exist in the past iirc, so time arrow should be fine.

He'd still get blown up by a normal arrow though due to massive AP advantage

My question is where did Shulk remotely show deconstruction, reactive power level and resistance negation.

Theglassman12 said:
My question is where did Shulk remotely show deconstruction, reactive power level and resistance negation.
Deconstruction comes from the fact that he can use ether attacks and control ether, which is the same exact thing used by Metal Face to decompose Homs and even destroy Arglas.

I actually don't know where reactive power level comes from, I might have to ask Bware just to make sure. But resistance negation only works with chain attacks iirc so I don't think he can use it in this fight.

Theglassman12 said:
Deconstruction comes through manipulation of Ether (which makes up everything including matter) which is what Egil used to make the Anti-Bionis Weapons which decompose organic beings.

Reactive Power Level comes from (iirc) the 2nd encounter with Metal Face where Shulk begins to heavily damage Metal Face when literally moments before he could not dent him.

Resistance Negation is from Chain Attacks that as we know allows status and ether based attacks to work even if the enemy is resistant to it e.g Break-Toppling Zanza is only possible during a chain attack.

manipulating Ether? Shulk never manipulated Ether. If he did and was aware of that why did he become surprised at Metal Face's claws being able to decompose anything through that? Especially when Homs were immune to the Monado 1, that sounds completely contradictory to him manipulating Ether at a whim.

You mean when the telethia showed up for the first time? He barely left any major blows at that fight, he just barely managed to scratch his arm.

Chain Attacks? You mean the team based attacks that negates resistance to falling over? How does that remotely scale to Shulk alone when he needs his friends to do a Chain Attack?

There's a bunch of statements in-game about the Monado being able to manipulate ether, and this isn't Monado I Shulk either.

The fact that he was still able to harm Metal Face at all while Monado I is explicitly stated to be unable to harm other homs still justifies it though.

Yeah like I said before, resistance negation probably shouldn't be able to be used in this key. Anyways, we should probably stop derailing the thread, a versus match isn't the best place to discuss stuff like this.

And yet Monado 1 Shulk has these abilities which makes absolutely no sense and has never shown deconstruction on his own in any way in this key, let alone his other keys.

Or maybe that's just PIS given it contradicts the many many times the Monado 1 has been stated and shown to be unable to harm faced mechons.

It is the best place to discuss stuff like this given we're arguing on what they have and how it remotely works.

No it is objectively not the best place to discuss this.

Arguing about the legitimacy of Shulks powers and whether they are valid or not is solely for either the QaA board or the CR board. You are arguing "Is Shulks ability and how it works Legit" not "How can either Shulk or Madoka defeat eachother"

So no, make a thread and discuss there.

Yeah, but like I said before, this really isn't the most appropriate place to discuss this stuff. If anything, I'd advise making a CRT like before if you have a problem with the abilities and putting this match on hold, rather than discussing it on a versus thread.

Back