• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Also known as how to start controversy.

Or known as Azzy vs (insert someone who votes on Masadaverse threads here)

Some people just like to watch the world burn.

Jk. My pseudo-cynicism is a joke.

In all seriousness, I would've done Reinhard, as he has more abilities, but you know...overused. Hajun might be too much, and I don't know Marie well enough. Or Tenma Yato. If any of them would make a better match, just tell me.

Anyway, these two characters are likely in the top 10 strongest usable characters on this wiki. If they dukes it out, who wins?

No way I'm including pictures of that beast.

Marie doesn't fight and Tenma Yato is like the second most powerful being in Shinza at his peaked power (right behind Hajun himself)

But yeah, whateber then.

Yeah me talking to the guy that hates our Masada profiles...why do i bother is beyond even myself...he thinks everything is a joke and doesn't bother to ever come to people like me cause he's afraid of going on my bad side to know shit and sticks to stuff like Nintendo or Chrono Trigger...

I don't hate Masadaverse anymore. I got over that ages ago. Heck, Ren has one of my favorite designs in fiction. Also, kinda personal, man. I like what I like.

Personally Yato would be a better opponent than merc because of:
1. He is infinity times better than merc.
2. Thanks to his legion he has more ability than merc and can summon his legion who is comparable with himself.
3. You put him against Shub-Niggurath..
4. Therebefore since Shub-Niggurath cant ******* die then Yato time stop might can do the trick and just seal Shub instead of killing her/it or like what he do to Hajun.. and of course this is only going to work if Shub-Niggurath is not retardedly more powerfull than anyone else on Masadaverse sans Hajun..

Monarch Laciel said:
Isn't Shub just like every other Ultimate God and literally cannot die until Azathoth wakes up?

And also any creature from CM can not be destroyed from outside of CM, if this external influence can not interfere with the dreams of Azathoth...

Azzathoth has said on a bunch of threads before that Nyar can't die until Azathoth does to. I mistakenly thought that applied to all the ultimate gods

I'm pretty sure it only applies to the outer gods who is an eternal dreams of Azathoth, the rest is some sort of irrelevant dreams who no one will cares if they are gone.

Rule of thumb: pretty much anything in the Mythos that actually experiences having a perspective and the act of change can likely be killed or destoyed.

This applies to quite a lot of dimensionless creatures, as well. As an example, the realm of 'Umr at-Tawil was beyond time, dimensions, and shape as we know it. When Carter later learns the secrets of existence, he learns this:

"The world of men and of the gods of men is merely an infinitesimal phase of an infinitesimal thing—the three-dimensional phase of that small wholeness reached by the First Gate, where 'Umr at-Tawil dictates dreams to the Ancient Ones."

The universe as we know it is an infinitesimal phase of an infinitesimal thing, but said infinitesimal thing is the realm of the Ancient Ones, which while seemingly transcendent, is only a "small wholeness" in the grand scheme of things. The universe as we know it is merely the cut of that realm with three spatial dimensions, though said realm could be cut infinite ways.

"They told him that every figure of space is but the result of the intersection by a plane of some corresponding figure of one more dimension—as a square is cut from a cube or a circle from a sphere. The cube and sphere, of three dimensions, are thus cut from corresponding forms of four dimensions that men know only through guesses and dreams; and these in turn are cut from forms of five dimensions, and so on up to the dizzy and reachless heights of archetypal infinity."

Despite being dimensionless and transcendent of this hierarchy, dimensionless beings can still have some metaphysical analogue, like how the realm of the Ancient Ones does contain "shapes", but not shapes as can be defined by an infinite amount of spatial dimensions. Hence why this world, while not bound by direct dimensional hierarchy, is limited by perspective and local/partial points of view.

"These revelations came with a godlike solemnity which left Carter unable to doubt. Even though they lay almost beyond his comprehension, he felt that they must be true in the light of that final cosmic reality which belies all local perspectives and narrow partial views; and he was familiar enough with profound speculations to be free from the bondage of local and partial conceptions. Had his whole quest not been based upon a faith in the unreality of the local and partial?"

The beings of the ultimate void are the only ones who surpass these limitations, viewing existence as its true changeless totality.

"To this variety of angles of consciousness the feeble beings of the inner worlds are slaves, since with rare exceptions they cannot learn to control them. Only a few students of forbidden things have gained inklings of this control, and have thereby conquered time and change. But the entities outside the Gates command all angles, and view the myriad parts of the cosmos in terms of fragmentary, change-involving perspective, or of the changeless totality beyond perspective, in accordance with their will."

This is also why Yog-Sothoth is referred to as "an All-in-One and One-in-All of limitless being and self". It, like the other true Outer Gods, is not bound by an idea of "I am" and limited ideas of self. Even what is known as "Yog-Sothoth" is still just a fractional conception of what it truly is.

"In the face of that awful wonder, the quasi-Carter forgot the horror of destroyed individuality. It was an All-in-One and One-in-All of limitless being and self—not merely a thing of one Space-Time continuum, but allied to the ultimate animating essence of existence's whole unbounded sweep—the last, utter sweep which has no confines and which outreaches fancy and mathematics alike. It was perhaps that which certain secret cults of earth have whispered of as YOG-SOTHOTH, and which has been a deity under other names; that which the crustaceans of Yuggoth worship as the Beyond-One, and which the vaporous brains of the spiral nebulae know by an untranslatable Sign—yet in a flash the Carter-facet realised how slight and fractional all these conceptions are."

A lot of the mythos is about perspective. Perceptions of what something is or isn't, or learning how wrong your point of view really was. Something like Nyarlathotep is a good example. We never see the true "Nyarlathotep", only his avatars. These can often have nothing in common aside from the fact they're masks of Nyarlathotep, due to it being how parts of the entity are viewed from a different perspective. Even "Nyarlathotep" is just a fractional view of what the entity truly is, putting to words something that can not truly be described as a singular entity by usual definition.

mm, but, all outers are eternal aspects of YG, who literally cannot die, the only thing that can "defeat" him is him returning to azathoth and becoming one with it again

Since Nyar is likely above Hajun by two whole entire plateaus of existence and Shub-Niggurath is possibly above even the Ultimate Gods, this is pretty much a stomp IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back