• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shrek Downgrades

if the 8-C calc is dropped (grrrrr) there’s a bunch of other stuff shrek scales to

shrek survived dragon’s fire breath, which could reduce armored humans to skeletons (the argument that dragon was holding back doesn’t make much sense considering that she thought shrek was just another knight and presumably would have treated him the same way), a 9-A feat. in the comics shrek survived an explosion which reduced a factory to ashes. also, since they both overpowered puss with ease, i think shrek might scale to death (lol), at least somewhat
The argument I made was that Dragon didn't reduce ALL the armored humans to skeletons. A cookbook was shown in the first movie, indicating that she ate them, and she can't eat a bunch of bones, so she'd have had to hold back her fire breath at least sometimes. And the 8-C feat is faulty and came from a Universal Studios ride, which is kinda iffy for me to use as canon evidence. And I don't know how much we equate the comics to the movies, either.

The argument I made was that Dragon didn't reduce ALL the armored humans to skeletons. A cookbook was shown in the first movie, indicating that she ate them, and she can't eat a bunch of bones, so she'd have had to hold back her fire breath at least sometimes.
that’s a stretch, and it seems weird to just assume she was holding back at that particular moment when she has previously been shown not to. the cookbook in the background is likely a gag
And the 8-C feat is faulty and came from a Universal Studios ride, which is kinda iffy for me to use as canon evidence.
the same feat happens in the comics
And I don't know how much we equate the comics to the movies, either.
i’m pretty sure they were canon, but it’s been a while since i’ve looked at them so i’m not entirely sure

shrek has literally fought his farts (he ate some particularly nasty food and they came to life iirc), and he survived dragon’s fire head-on anyways

the fart fighting thing happened in the comics, and i’m not entirely sure if those are canon (i haven’t looked at them in a couple years, ask anonymous niwde as i’m pretty sure he knows more about them than me). shrek surviving the fire is from the first movie

the fart fighting thing happened in the comics, and i’m not entirely sure if those are canon (i haven’t looked at them in a couple years, ask anonymous niwde as i’m pretty sure he knows more about them than me). shrek surviving the fire is from the first movie
But without any other given information, Shrek surviving the fire is simply just heat resistance

tbf even if shrek retains anything higher than 9-B it should probably be “9-B, [whatever tier] at his peak” since most of his feats are 9-B

First of all, wholeheartedly agree with the downgrade. Maybe I missed the mention, but a good feat for Shrek would be to calc him blasting through the ceiling of the tower that Fiona was kept in, that looks like solid 9-B or even 9-A material.

As for Puss, really only hurt Shrek via piercing damage, so maybe his claws and sword could scale to him and the giant (that's definitely at least 9-A via his feats) but in piercing damage only. However, he still has good physical feats (at least from the 2nd movie, genuinely can't remember the first one lmao), like taking hits from the bears and stuff like that.

Back