• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shouldn't the page on Illusion Creation be more detailed?

I am sorry if this does not fit the Content Revision board: I am actually in doubt on whether it should be posted here (CR) or on the Q&A board. Anyways, I've come to notice a thing: several pages on the category of powers and abilities are highly detailed on the branches of a power, its applications and users of different applications and degrees of complexity, however illusionary powers — as in Illusion Creation — are lacking a richer description when, damn, it's a VASTLY useful power!

If you all watched Naruto, you can see how something such as Kotoamatsukami is an illusionary technique able to fool even one's beliefs, such as making them think apples are blues and be unable to be convinced otherwise. This isn't necessarily going "away" from illusions and into Mind Manipulation , but rather the way an illusion doesn't need to stop at the senses: we can have illusions of beliefs, morale, desires, feelings and their causes... even Memory Manipulation is a branch of nicely applied illusionary powers. Further, there's nothing on the common limitations off illusions: how they tend to require/be set off by "triggers" such as real/normal stimulus to the target perception (such as having one's voice be listened in order to be able to manipulate a target's hearing), nor anything like that.

Lol, I personally love using illusionary powers on roleplays and have already made a combo between deeply subconscious illusions (to the point of changing the way the brain perceives and processes information) and medical alchemy to heal a girl who was deaf since birth, although I think something not done in mainstream media is off-topic.

So, huh... I'd like to ask you three things:

1. Should Illusion Creation be more detailed?

2. May we detail Illusion Creation?

3. How can that be done?

A lot of our pages haven't been updated since the early days of the wiki. Some of them are redundant and need to be deleted, while others need rewriting and reworking due to taking chunks of their content from the Powerlisting Wiki or because of the fact that not all of the people who wrote them (such as admin A6colute) are entirely comfortable with English.

Well, nothing major, given that all of the Powers and Abilities pages are locked.

But if you see any particularly bad pages, you can point them out to me so I can take a look sooner than later, since this will be a gradual process.

I see. Then I'll run through them pointing the flaws and what details should be added, then make a thread specific to that later on, okay?

Back