• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should the Nippon Ichi page be split up into individual verses?

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

Do you think that the Nippon Ichi verse page should be renamed to "Disgaea", and the profiles for any unrelated franchises moved to separate verse pages? It seems inappropriate to use the name of a company rather than relevant fictions in this particular case.

It would require some organisation work to update all of the links for the Disgaea profiles that link to the verse page, along with the "Nipponverse" category name at the bottom of the profiles, but it still seems appropriate for the sake of consistency.

Help would be very appreciated.

Sorry I did not see this. I can get behind changing the name to "Disgaea Verse" or something like that. Since a good chunk of Nippon Ichi's Games already take place in the same canon as Disgaea.

The Dark Horse Comics page should be modified to simply link to the individual relevant verse pages instead, yes. Not list any of their profiles.

If I change the name of the Nippon Ichi verse page to Disgaea instead, would somebody be willing to update the character profile page links to it?

Cropfist said:
is it different from other company verse pages like Disney and Nintendo?
Disney is more intended for all of the animated movies than pages that deserve their own franchises, but the Nintendo page strictly links to various verse pages that are a part of it, so I think that has been handled well.

Okay. What do the rest of you think?

Ionliosite said:
The Dark Horse Comics verse page even has MANGA WITH VERSE PAGES on it. This problem also applies there.
We also need to fix this problem, so it links to individual verse pages instead of any profiles.

Because we should stick to our existing structure of using verse pages, not companies, unless it is absolutely necessary. It sets a bad precedent otherwise.

Again, help would be very appreciated, as I am very busy.

Back