• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should I consider this a type 4 or 8 Immortality?

So basically the Preeminent is a cosmic being that has a natural function in the "multiverse" (which is made of 17 realms), and her stomach is a parallel universe (the Cursed Realm) in which people that died and went there because they were evil enough, or they were simply banished there, and then cursed by her, loosing their body (if they were sent there via being banished) and becoming her ghost servants in the process, and they are given by her numerous powers, and even the ability to resist their fate being controlled by the guys who control the fate of everyhting that happens in the other 16 realms.

Now, if one of these ghosts is destroyed, they regenerate immediately in theCursed Realm, even if they are killed in another realm. This is thanks to the powers given to the ghosts by the preeminent herself. Once she dies (and as a consequence the realm is destroyed), while if the ghosts are outside of it can survive, if they are destoyed nowm, the cannot regenerate, since the realm and the Preeminent are destroyed.

What I wanted to ask, is if I should consider the ghost's immortality a type 4 or 8. I am a bit confused since while it kind of seems like a "protective" immortality of some sworts, that is due to a curse (which is the opposite of a blessing) and since they are potected by Fate Manipulation, it may actually be a type 8 since if the Preeminent dies, the ghosts loose said immortality.

Also, sorry if I am making multiple threads about immortality, but I wanna know this because I am planning to make a profile on a character with said immortality.

I thiiiink... that should be Types 1, 3, and 8 because the immortality of the beings in question seems to be dependent on the Regenerationn and from the way it's described, the Regenerationn would be Low-Godly so superior types of existence erasure should be able to completely eradicate them without regard to the Type 8 immortality. And the Type 1 would just be by virtue of them being ghosts. Possibly Type 7 instead of Type 1? I don't think Type 4 is relevant though as it's immortality is dependent on the existence of another deity and not merely granted by one, the latter of which implies that the immortality could possibly be maintained regardless of whether the deity who granted it survives or not.

I think that it seems to qualify for type 8 more than type 4, but both are probably technically correct.

OuterversalRaditz said:
I thiiiink... that should be Types 1, 3, and 8 because the immortality of the beings in question seems to be dependent on the Regenerationn and from the way it's described, the Regenerationn would be Low-Godly so superior types of existence erasure should be able to completely eradicate them without regard to the Type 8 immortality. And the Type 1 would just be by virtue of them being ghosts. Possibly Type 7 instead of Type 1? I don't think Type 4 is relevant though as it's immortality is dependent on the existence of another deity and not merely granted by one, the latter of which implies that the immortality could possibly be maintained regardless of whether the deity who granted it survives or not.
Thank you. I've been thinking of also giving them types 1, 7 sdn 6 because they can possess basically everything, from people to inanimate objects, to even vehicles.

Back