• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should Ganondorf have Power Nullification?

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
In OoT, before the battle starts, he released a wave of dark energy that prevented Navi from helping, getting rid of Z-Targeting and the ability to read his weaknesses. Does that count as power nullification?

Getting rid of Navi isnt Power Nullification. And Navi is the one who does the weakness reading. Dunno about Z targetting tbh.

He didn't get rid of her. She was still there. She just wasn't able to help because of that initial dark wave, so she left as she'd just hold Link back like that.

Oh s**t, right. For some reason I was thinking about Bellum's fight.

Also, doesnt Ganondorfs magic weaken/Nullify the Guardian's powers in Wind Waker?

Iirc, they needed you to kill the monster (and free the temple from ganon's influence) in order for them to be able to restore the Master Sword's power.

Holy based Powers Nullification.

Makes sense. Though he does have power nullification past holy powers, it's more effective on them, due to Ganon having a necessity to use that magic to save his own skin.

Doesnt ganondorf have illusion creation? in Wind Waker he plays with link after he restores the master sword. Also Telepathy. And summoning (when you fight him riding Epona in Twilight Princess).

Edit: I know this is offtopic, just wanted your opinion @Cal

So since this seems to have transitioned into a general thread for Crenados abilities i think I'll share some of my recent thoughts. To start off with Ganon should have mind control as his alterego Jerry brainwashed hyrules soldiers.

A few of his abilities also stem from Twilight Magic, as far as I remember the only reason Ganon has soul manipulation is due to the twilight veil Zant used, and twilight magic also allows users to turn themselves into particles, create portals, and manipulate matter as Midna demonstrates here

I think it's speculation about Mind Control Ganon because by your advice, he should have all the unique abilities of Yuga, which he does not.

Its implied they're the same person, unlike Yuga who was a entirety different person that just so happened to merge himself with Ganon. Here we see Ganons spirit rise from the body of Agahnim and then Ganons mentions how impressed he is that Link beat his alterego before the final battle begins.

I was actually meant to say he might have mind manipulation as opposed to he should have it, as some sources claim he had just possessed Agahnim, while others imply that they're the same person.

Didn't Cal already add the abilities? And shouldn't it be specified that his Power Nullification is minor/low level and that it works only on holy powers?

@BFF. Works better on holy powers. Not only on holy powers. Furthermore, @AL. Link doesn't have powers per se (all of his stuff comes from items or the ToC), so he wouldn't get nullified.

Back