• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should Brunch receive a speed-upgrade?

So should Brunch (his name is actually "Brunch" by the way according to the author himself) be getting a speed-upgrade considering that his tier went up from 7-B to Low 5-B over the timeskip, and considering that he can at least keep-up with a character like Starjun?

I'm not definitively saying he should because I'm not really sure, since he does seem to still just use electricity for his speed which would make me question him being anywhere near FTL. But then there's all the appetite-energy mumbo-jumbo to consider. Also the fact that he's seemingly eaten all of the Full Course except GOD and Center by now, which would mean he now has FTL cell-division capability. What do you guys think? Should his speed be at least relativistic or something?

I suppose that it seems likely that he is FTL, like the others who have eaten most of the full course, but I am uncertain.

How did he keep up with Starjun?

Antvasima said:
I suppose that it seems likely that he is FTL, like the others who have eaten most of the full course, but I am uncertain.
How did he keep up with Starjun?

I looked back and never mind on him keeping up with Starjun, they rode in on Starjun's mount (that dragon thing).

That being said, he has fought about on-par with Starjun (able to take out a CLVL 1600 beast as easily as Starjun could while having only eaten Air from the Full Course).

There is no reason to think that his speed wouldn't have scaled-up proportionately to his tier-upgrades just like all the other characters we've seen.

He hasnt' reached Tier 5-A like others, or at least hasn't shown evidence of it, so I don't think we can rate him FTL, but he should be High Relativistic by scaling to other characters who were at his current tier (Low 5-B or so).

Well, I don't think that we can reliably assume him to be 5-A and FTL, without some confirmation.

However, there is no tab for his post-timeskip speed. What other comparable Low 5-B characters were placed at High Relativistic speed?

Toriko himself just used base physical stats for movement, no electric-supercharging or anything, but is listed on his profile as having been Relativistic+ when he was Tier 5-C and At Least Relativistic+ once he was a solid 5-B.

Considering that Brunch always used a fighting style largely specializing in high-speed movements, if he's Low 5-B I'd say by scaling from Toriko, a character who was Tier 5-C or 5-B and not specialized in speed, he should be "At Least Relativistic+." In my opinion.

We do in fact have a few or so Relativistic+ Low 5-B characters, so Setsuno should likely get the scaling too given where they are at, at least.

CrossverseCrisis said:
We do in fact have a few or so Relativistic+ Low 5-B characters, so Setsuno should likely get the scaling too given where they are at, at least.
I did edit Setsuno after running it by Antvasima first. It's actually a lot easier to give Setsuno the upgrade than Brunch given that she actually did partially-block an attack from Joa.

Back