• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should "Athletic Human Physical Attributes/Stamina" as an ability be the sole reason a profile is on-site or on FC/OC?

This is a very vagueline I want clarified. Fundamentally, all our abilities should be non-mundane, or superpowers. But, I feel like this line gets blurry here. So I want to ask this question first before putting a profile I want to put in FC/OC.

That's vague indeed. Do you mean there is literally nothing better than mundane about the character other than being an athlete? If so, I suppose that's enough to qualify, but it's probably the bare minimum that could possibly be allowed. Personally, I would only upload a profile for such a character if the character also has something like a tactic or technique to go along with their athleticism, relevancy to a separate character who already has a profile, or even an interesting weakness.

I would only upload a profile for such a character if the character also has something like a tactic or technique to go along with their athleticism, relevancy to a separate character who already has a profile, or even an interesting weakness.
There are literally characters in my verse that can harm 10-As and not be athletic in stamina. But, they're relevant to other 10-A characters via plot and this character does have the weakness of being usually mute.

There are literally characters in my verse that can harm 10-As and not be athletic in stamina. But, they're relevant to other 10-A characters via plot and this character does have the weakness of being usually mute.
Clarification: Past when I wrote "personally," that's just what I would care about, not me telling you about a guideline. I think the character is allowed solely because of the physical capabilities being athletic.

Here is the official VS Battles Wiki standard: "Low-powered characters are allowed to be featured here as long as the characters come from popular/notable verses that are overall worthy of indexing, they are important to their stories, and the profiles are reliable and well-made, although sitcom characters, ones from more realistic romantic comedies, and similar should be avoided. This wiki's main purpose is to index characters, not to feature fights between them."

I think the official standard should be worded better. For example, what qualifies as "low-powered?" Compared to me, an athlete has high power. While I have been revising the "Power of the Verse" sections of verse pages to remove subjectivity in their wording based on a staff discussion thread, I have seen many occurrences where ranks higher than Athlete level have been called "weak," "decent" or "moderate" strength. Unless the official standard literally just means "low-powered" as in "Below Average Human level," it uses the incomplete comparison fallacy. So, unless the character is disqualified from being included for an entirely different reason, the worst that can happen to you is you motivate staff members to write the standard in a more specific way.

Low-powered characters are allowed to be featured here as long as the characters come from popular/notable verses that are overall worthy of indexing, they are important to their stories, and the profiles are reliable and well-made
"Low-power characters" should be determined by common sense. An average person ranges from 60 to 106 J, but like, what if you scale to police officers' strength, which can overpower suspects? (I decided to mention the J of regular people to see if we can get to a conclusion) Police officers' strength is above average by common sense, so 10-A blurs the line if we focus on strength alone as an ability.

My verse is notable since it's from a legacy and memorable gachatuber. And the character I'm trying to index is a main character here. I do make high-quality profiles with time tho.

"Low-power characters" should be determined by common sense. An average person ranges from 60 to 106 J, but like, what if you scale to police officers' strength, which can overpower suspects? (I decided to mention the J of regular people to see if we can get to a conclusion) Police officers' strength is above average by common sense, so 10-A blurs the line if we focus on strength alone as an ability.
I think your example with police officer strength is a good example of something qualifying as better than "low-powered" because it counts as having a feat. 👍
My verse is notable since it's from a legacy and memorable gachatuber. And the character I'm trying to index is a main character here. I do make high-quality profiles with time tho.
I recall GachaTuber stories being considered as fan-fiction and being compared to personal Minecraft servers in regards to narrative significance. I'm not familiar with Gacha Life, so I have nothing to tell about that. I recommend consulting knowledgeable staff members about the GachaTuber's legacy and memorability to see if they agree on their story being notable enough to index on the VS Battles Wiki. I'm sure the FC/OC VS Battles Wiki will let the character be included though.

I recall GachaTuber stories being considered as fan-fiction and being compared to personal Minecraft servers in regards to narrative significance. I'm not familiar with Gacha Life, so I have nothing to tell about that. I recommend consulting knowledgeable staff members about the GachaTuber's legacy and memorability to see if they agree on their story being notable enough to index on the VS Battles Wiki. I'm sure the FC/OC VS Battles Wiki will let the character be included though.
I already know about the gachatuber's legacy. It's CuteSpud if want to dig deeper (had the most subs as a gachatuber in late 2018).

And I actually plan to boot the characters in FC/OC in the first, just to advertise the existence of CuteSpud's legacy. And to avoid agitating people with gacha life cringe on the main site.

Back