• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I know that it was introduced in Rebellion. I'm asking you to prove that's it's a peculiar ability of CMG Homura, who literally states that her new abilities are memory manipulation and smiting. Nothing else.

And i'm also asking you to make a CRT for that, because you are derailing right now.

I'll go with Homura on this one

From what i understand from this discussion, Shion's leads are fate manipulation-based abilities which won't work, while even if her time stop isn't useful here, as soon as she notices Homura will go either with drain and/or BFR, giving her an easy win

(New on this wiki, nice to meet you all!)

Shion starts with cook, chaotic fate is just an application of cook, if the basic ability of cook which overwrites the nature of things doesn't work, then she goes for chatoic fate.

No, with cook she can add effects, for example "the shield could not stop the slash" makes her able to through anything blocking her attack, something like "the limbless person is normal" makes ppl unable to regenerate as their limbless self is the new norm.

Her fate manipulation is just another effect of cook, with it being "the outcome is rewritten", hence she can manipulate fate.

So how does that work? Is it some kind of causality manipulation or reality warping? Because Homura resists the former, and for the latter she has years of experience against reality warping witches

It's pretty potent reality warping obviously, she doesn't get causality manipulation until later when she gets her ultimate skill.

And don't see resistance to reality warping on homura's profile so don't think her experience means much, both characters don't even know anything before hand about each other here anyway.

Witches actually do warp reality with their magic and magical girls can resist it, it's simply listed as resistance to magic because that's how it's used (and because resistance to reality warping is the most generic thing ever)

Oh ok thanks for the explanation

Reading from her profile seems like she needs to hit something first to use it, I'm sorry but it's a bit vague

Can't Homura just, teleported to create some distance and suck shion to her shield? Tamura can do it to sweet-toothed witch, I fail to see why Homura can't do the same.

@RK Nothing is vague about it, basically she wants something to happen, she applies an effect with her ability to make it happen, she wants to stop someone's regen? Apply an effect to do it, she wants to change the propeties of a barrier negating her powers? Apply an effect to do it, she wants to make her attacks unblockable? Apply an effect to do it, she wants to manipulate fate? Apply an effect to do it.

@Homu Shion can teleport too.

Shion can do the exact same thing and teleport right next to her, ppl like shion are more than capable of teleporting from country to country, ten meters doesn't mean much.

So Homura resists cook via resistance to reality warping (she resisted walpurgis' and, to some extent but might be an outlier, UKG's when se went inside her shield)

Issue is it is clearly not any normal mind fuckery, it works on a spiritual level and kills them passively. Also can Homura go through a defensive barrier that warps space itself?

If by spiritual level you mean "soul", her soul is a crystal that Shion would need to destroy. If you mean "mental", mind resistance.

Defensive barriers don't help against BFR

The crystal would not need to be destroyed as the ability kills the soul passively.

That depends on how the BFR works. If it targets space around shion, then yes. If it targets her directly, via projectile or physically then no. And finally it depends on what Homura goes with as her first attack, if it is immediate BFR she might win. If it is not then I dont belive she will win as she will have cook used on her immediately.

The soul is outside of their body, unless Shion has ever affected semi-soulless being before, Fear Haki is useless.

Also, you do realize that the barrier thing is only in her 6-A form from what I read in her profile. therefore, you can't use that as argument.

But it wouldn't be targeting the place where her soul is actually located if it doesn't target the gem.

It opens a portal that sucks things inside. Also, cook's effect is at least mitigated by her resistance

Sorry what resistance in this mitigates Cook?

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Firearm and Missiles Mastery, Magic, Time Manipulation, Time Stop, Time Travel, Technological Manipulation, Immortality (Type 2, 6 [Though the latter should not come up in combat] and 7, Type 8 when inside her labyrinth [Depends on the labyrinth's existence]), Forcefield Creation, Weapon Creation, Preparation, Flight, Healing (Mid level, scaled from Corbeau), Telepathy, Telekinesis, Transformation, Power Drain, Magic Sensor, Weapon Enhancement, BFR and Portal Creation(Through sending people to her shield's Pocket Universe), Acausality (Kept her memories after the reset of the multiverse), Energy Projection, Teleportation via Space Leap, Becomes stronger once critically hurt, Resistanceto Mind Manipulation, Magic, Life Absorption, and Status Effect Inducement. Unconventinal Soul ManipulationResistance.

I thought we explained above that the "magic" of witches includes reality warping as well

But she has no reality warping resistance whatsoever. And what ype of reality warping exactly. reality warping can mean a myriad of things and could either be very useful or absolutely useless.

Ok, that is cool and all, she fought witches that use them, but has she actually resisted them? Or is that just assumptions.

Magical girls are made to inherently resist what witches do from the same character that created the witches. That's why they are resistant to their main powers.

Even then Elly is pretty obviously willing to use it, so she would have used it on Sayaka if it was possible.

Despite that her only way to win is via BFR and if she does not use it right off the bat I dont think she can win. Especiall since Shion can spam her Cook ability even if it does not outright kill her from the start.

Not true. She could incapacitate Shion with power drain as well. Also, Homura is indeed willing to use her haxes at the start

As far as I have have seen from other threads homura uses her mind hax first and not her other hax. And can she power drain intangible beings? I thought she has to touch her to power drain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back