• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Hope this is fair Speed Equal

Shion is 7-C

Darquesse is 7-B

Shio : 7 (Celestial Pegasus, Gargoyle One, ABoogieYesSir, OpMasada, Monarch Laciel,

ZackMoon1234, William Shrekspire)

Valkyrie Cai : 0

inconclusive:

Darquesse's potential means of winning: transmutation, mind manipulation (seems outside of what shion can resist), power null, existence erasure, bfr. She has a number of ways of winning.

Shion however will immediately go for fate hax which brings the results she wants.

Darq would immediately go for matter hax. How long does Shion take to regenerate her whole body, and can she use her powers as a spirit?

Basically a bunch of ppl close to rimuru got killed, rimuru resurrected and improved them so they wouldn't die anymore and they gained 2 skills, perfect memory and endless Regenerationn, as such when they receive damage ie their heads get blown off, they can change into their astral bodies to not die. Shion is the leader of this group of immortals and can exist only as a soul.

Actually now that i think about it, shion already got hit by matter manipulation, she fought some holy knights who used disintegration which destroys a person from the atom to the soul, and shion regenerated instantly anyway.

She can destroy souls with existence erasure.

Basically people can become energy and go to the afterlife after they die, she erases them to the point that they don't become energy. She can also erase remnants.

@Monarch Actually not instantly, takes less than a minute to regenerate her body fully after being hit with atomic+soul erasure.

As i already said her fate manipulation rewrites outcomes, and brings the outcome she wants, ie negating her opponents abilities, ie rewritting being unable to dodge an attack to being able to dodge it, ie cutting through anything.

No, cook needs contact to change the nature of things to what she desires, so she would say cut someone's limbs off and reality warp that to them being perfectly healthy hence no healing or Regenerationn will fix it.

Chaotic fate is basically an advance version of cook. It doesn't need contact, sure if she is using it to ignore her opponents durability,as in getting up close and just cutting through them, it would but she can use it to rewrite outcomes like what i said above about her being unable to dodge an attack. She wasn't fast enough to dodge an attack so she rewrote that outcome so she was fast enough, that has nothing to do with contact.

Shion has cook and chaotic fate, cook which reality warps things to whatever she desires and chaotic fate which rewrites outcomes to whatever she desires, defense is meaningless against both abilities.

She does also have her fear haki which is makes a persons so afraid that they die on a spiritual level, she can also reflect attacks back on her opponents.

Actually, her abilities are magic, and I see no resistance to power null or mimicry.

Darq power nulls, mimics, and erases.

Darq also resists mind, soul and emotion manipulation, so I doubt fear Haki would work.

And unless it's some abstract form of reflection, none of Darq's go-to attacks are things that can be reflected.

Her abilities aren't magic, they are skills, said skills are basically part of a system which governs the universe, and when a person reaches a sufficient level/has enough power, gives them the skills.

The power null/mimicry is also assuming darq survives chaotic fate which shion starts with, which i don't see any fate manipulation resistance on darq's profile, and you already said she starts with matter manipulation.

Unless there is an explicit difference between Skills and magic in universe, they would be equalised to each other.

And matter manipulation is only what she starts with against general people. If she looks and Shion and her precog tells her that Shion has the ability to regenerate from being atomised and and fate hax her, which she would know thanks to her ability to passively sense magic and process information instantly, she's going to do something different.

Seeing what the opponent is going to do, and what they can do, and processing that information instantly, is going to help.

Also, Shion's page says Chaotic Fate is a slash, and Darq thinking is faster than Shion moving her arm to slash.

And how exactly do you see something an advance as the fight begins?

Does she automatically know what her opponent can do before the match even starts because that doesn't make any sense.

Because Shion's ability does not hit Darq the literal instant our imaginary fight host says "FIGHT"

The moment Shion decides what she's going to do with her Skill, but before she actually does it, Darq sees it coming, knows what it is, nulls it, mimics it, takes a few more moments to mimic the rest of Shion's powers, then erases Shion

That's not seeing it before the match. That's seeing it during the match.

"Shion's Special Move is endowed with ability of "The outcome is rewritten" by the effect of the Unique Skill『Cook』. With the strength of strong will, it can negate the effect of the opponent's technique, it can be described as a slash that brings the result that Shion wishes for. In a sense, it was ability to manipulate the fate. Even if the fate said that it could not be cut, it will get cut. It was a sword that brings death."

"Putting her whole will in it, it could even alter the outcome. She twists her body while sending her Ōdachi from below and intercept Hakurou's blade. Hakurou's blade that was aimed to slash at Shion's neck was intercepted by Shion's Ōdachi. Despite that there wasn't even a chance for it to make it in time, Shion's accelerating sword speed broke common sense and overwrote the result. Light flickers, and a broken edge flew in the air. Shion's Ōdachi beat and cut Hakurou's training katana. Shion quickly retracted her blade and swung down with her overhead raised Ōdachi A clear voice with high pitched tone could be heard as Shion's Ōdachi was stopped by the Magic Sword "Tenma" [9] in Milim's hand. ÒÇîStop! Any more than this is prohibited. This match shall be Shion's victory!ÒÇì(Milim)

Milim proclaimed Shion's victory with an expression as if nothing had happened. Shout of joy wrapped the Colosseum. Milim interrupted the match and stopping Shion's sword, few people noticed the real situation. But, Hakurou and Shion simultaneously understood. If she continued her slash, Hakurou might receive a fatal damage that couldn't be reversed even with Regenerationn."

So it's a slash.

In which case, Darq thinking would be faster.

Even if they both used their attacks at the same time, it would be:

>Darq thinks to use her ability -> Shion is nulled.

>Shion thinks to use her ability -> Sword swings at Darq -> Fate hax doesn't work because it was nulled.

From what I remember, -but take this with a grain of salt as I haven't read it in a long time- some skills may require magic energy but are not magic, and some skills may simply be skills.

I think shion's skill fits into the latter category, as she ignored Holy Barrier, which nullifies magic energy, using Cook

As for shion's attack reflection, her sword absorbs the magic and sends it back.

An ominous crimson light shining in her eyes, Shion bellowed.
And charging forward she hit the barrier with her sword.
It wasn't simply effective. And the relieved knights' faces were covered in fear.
Cracks ran across the whole barrier. And…

ÒÇîHmph, as I thought. It's not a high density barrier, but one that tampers with the laws of the world a bit.
Well, something like that can be changed with one of the effects of my『Cook』skillÒÇì

In fact, he had noticed, but did not want to accept it, when she had rewritten the effects of the Holy Field.

As for the "ability not being magic" There is no specific quote in the WN saying it's not magic, but it is implied to in the story from what I recall....also, if I remember correctly I think there something in the manga about skills as well....

Found it, Benimaru states that hellflare -a skill- isn't magic, although it uses magic energy.

Therefore I think it's fine to assume Cook is the same.

If it uses magic energy, Darq can still mess with it. Her power null works by suppressing magic energy so you can't do anything with it.

Back