• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shinobu Oshino's AP revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really see why it would be a hyperbole, to be honest. And yes, the translation is legit, from what I got.

RebubleUselet said:
I don't really see why it would be a hyperbole, to be honest.
Well, because statements like these are generally treated as hyperbole when there's nothing backing them up. Plus, we don't know how she's talking about destroying the Earth, whether in one shot or over some extent of time (country-by-country/continent-by-continent, etc).

I don't think you can do that in those two ways, 'cause, well, GBE is a thing.

And again, her Country level feat is laughably casual, and Shinobu herself says that she can destroy the planet (it's pretty much common sense that she should know her own power well).

I think i agree with this upgrade and i am just reading this novel now.

frist she destroy the þñ¥

ÒÇîÕâòÒü»ÒüØÒü«µ░ùÚàìÒéƵäƒÒüÿÒüƒþ×¼ÚûôÒÇüþñ¥ÒüïÒéëÕñûÒü½Õç║ÒüƒÒÇé
Òü¥ÒüéÒéêÒé赡úþó║Òü½Þ¿ÇÒüåÒü¬ÒéëÒÇüþñ¥ÒéÆþ▓ëÒÇàÒü½ÕÉ╣ÒüúÚúøÒü░ÒüùÒüƒÒÇé
ÒüáÒüæÒüïÒÇéÞç¬ÕêåÒüîþº╗ÕïòÒüÖÒéïÒü«ÒüîÚØóÕÇÆÒüÅÒüòÒüïÒüúÒüƒÒü«ÒüºÒÇüþñ¥Òü«Òü╗Òüå
Òü½µÂêÒüêÒüªÒééÒéëÒüúÒüƒÒü¿ÒüäÒüåÒéÅÒüæÒüÿÒéâÒÇé

second

ÒÇîÒü¥ÒÇüþñ¥ÒéƵÂêÒüùÚúøÒü░ÒüùÒüƒÒüÅÒéëÒüäÒüÿÒéäÒüéÒÇü『ÕÑçÞÀíÒÇìÒü¿
Òü»Òü¬ÒéïÒü¥ÒüäÒüî Õ«ƒÕèøÒü«Òü╗Òü®Òü»ÕìüÕêåÒü½ÞªïÒüøÒüñÒüæÒéëÒéî
ÒüƒÒü¿Þ¿ÇÒüúÒüªÒéêÒüïÒéìÒüåÒÇéÕâòÒü«Õ«ƒÕèøÒéƵ£¼µ░ùÒüºþÖ║µÅ«ÒüÖÒéîÒü░ÒÇü
µÂêÒüùÚúøÒü░ÒüøÒéïÒü«Òü»þñ¥ÒüºÒü»Òü¬ÒüÅÕ£░þÉâÒüÿÒéâÒüîÒü«ÒÇé

she say if she is serious she can destroy the Õ£░þÉâ earth ´╝êcompletely)just like she destroy the þñ¥ completely(þñ¥ÒéÆþ▓ëÒÇà)ÒÇé
ÒÇîÕâòÒü½µÂêÒüùÚúøÒü░ÒüøÒéôÒü«Òü»Õñ¬ÚÖ¢ÒüÅÒéëÒüäÒü«ÒééÒéôÒüÿÒéâÒÇéÕâò
Òü«µîüÒüñÒÇüõ╗èÒüºÒééµîüÒüíþÂÜÒüæÒüªÒüèÒéïÒÇüÕö»õ©ÇÒü«þø«µ¿ÖÒüÿÒéâÒü¬ÒÇé

what she cant destroy is Õñ¬ÚÖ¢ÒüÅÒéëÒüä sun

I mean, the Sun is a classic vampirical weakness and she knows her own power level with centuries worth of science have come across so yeah.

shinobu is a little braggart, but she usually doesnt lie about such things. there is also no reason to. she can destroy antarctica in one go. why would she lie about beeing able to destroy the earth, when she is just trying to show off to someone who busted down a shrine? seems a bit extreme....

so yeah, i guess i wouldnt mind the change (since she is downplayed quite a bit as is. it would only be a "possibly" anyways.), but i am mostly neutral since there is no solid evidence.

She is specifically talking about destroying the Earth by turning it to dust with one attack, as she did to her shrine.

Onimonogatari. 400 years ago, after she did the Antarctica jump and cleared all of the water out of a lake she matter-created a shrine for herself in that lake.

Has anybody asked more staff members to comment here?

I asked a handful of staff members.

I haven't asked Tetromino King actually, I'll ask them now. But everyone else has commented.

Okay. Thanks. So is the consensus so far to accept this?

Generally yes. AKM Sama has questioned the translation and the method of destruction. Both of which we've addressed (another member confirmed the translation, the method of destruction has been explained as meaning to turn the planet to dust in one attack), but AKM hasn't gotten around to responding again.

Okay. It is probably best to wait a bit first then.

I'm not sure actually. I prefer not calcing and just lowballing it with vaguer statements, but that's how we got the old Low 6-B which is now being changed to 6-B. I could see about getting it calculated.

RatherClueless said:
Whats the issue with the Translation anyways, dont you have the officual one?
Sometimes even official translations can be a bit off for stuff like this (for the sake of reading better in English), so we often try to double-check. But we've had someone who knows Japanese check out the raws, and it's fine.

^

Happens in Dark Souls all the time, translations change when the game gets localized. As I said on Discord about dusting a planet, trust me, it's going to be 5-B. The fact that the material was pulverized means very little, as the energy needed to break apart a gravitationally bound celestial object such as Earth is immensely more. Even my calc on vaporizing the planet only brought it up a bit above baseline 5-B.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
If it were about turning the whole planet into dust at once, would that actually yield only 5-B?
According to Bambu, it would only be 5-B, pretty close to baseline. Vaporization of Earth isn't even 2x baseline, pulverization would be even less.

I suppose the translation is correct then. I am being a little skeptical about whether it's a hyperbole or not since I don't know the series and lack knowledge of the context of these dialogues (for example, who was this statement intended for, etc).

However, '"possibly 5-B" with this statement instead of "likely far higher" is something I can get behind. I am neutral overall. Perhaps if someone can provide more context about the statement, I can form a much stronger opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back