• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

XSOULOFCINDERX

They/Them
Essentially we're just replacing Zaku with Dosu for this fight to see what happens. Dosu only canonically knows what Zaku knew going into the fight and nothing more, Shino is the same and the fight takes place in the Chūnin Exams Arena.

Shino :

Dosu : 1

Incon :

Last edited:
Shino's pretty potent, I'd like to see what Dosu could do if his gauntlet got jammed, idk if he can AOE enough to prevent that.

The two are pretty even physically. How do we think Dosu would be affected if the bugs got into his holes and he still used the speaker?

I mean it's not directly his arms so it shouldn't be so bad
Yeah, but it'd affect itself, no? Plus, he needs to move his arm to create the soundwaves, then release them, along with chakra, by striking the opponent's body with Resonating Echo Drill. He has to get close to use his best move, and Shino can do all of his from a distance, plus he can trick him with clones, all while drinking his chakra if any bugs land on him.

Now, beetles and humans do have a very similar percentage of water in their bodies, so the Kikaichu might still be affected. However, I don't know that they have any water in their body, since they sustain themselves off pure chakra, and there's no way for water to really get in. They're for sure much different from ordinary beetles, considering they're literal chakra parasites.

Shino probably would’ve mopped that dude. Just like with Zaku, he could sneak his bugs on his sound gauntlets and beat him up. Dosu is better than Zaku but Shino’s intelligence and skill should let him win. Voting him

Shino probably would’ve mopped that dude. Just like with Zaku, he could sneak his bugs on his sound gauntlets and beat him up. Dosu is better than Zaku but Shino’s intelligence and skill should let him win. Voting him
There's no proof that filling Dosu's gauntlet will cause it to backfire like Zaku's tubes.

The Resonating Echo Speaker doesn't fire out force, it sends out vibrations that can mess up the body of a nearby target.

I just don’t see a close range fighter like Dosu standing much of a chance when Shino can plug up his gauntlets and swarm him with bugs.

I just don’t see a close range fighter like Dosu standing much of a chance when Shino can plug up his gauntlets and swarm him with bugs.
If he plugs up the gauntlets then the bugs will get mega obliterated by the vibrations along with Shino's ears getting messed up since he can't really do anything about the sound attacks, especially since he still let Zaku hit him with one of the tube's before he thought of plugging them and if he tries this against Zaku then he will straight up die.

The body of a typical beetle has a very high water content, somewhat comparable to that of a human. The sound would still channel through them, better than it would travel through the ground. That said, I don't know if these ones actually even drink water.

If he plugs up the gauntlets then the bugs will get mega obliterated by the vibrations along with Shino's ears getting messed up since he can't really do anything about the sound attacks, especially since he still let Zaku hit him with one of the tube's before he thought of plugging them and if he tries this against Zaku then he will straight up die.
What’s the big difference between Dosu and Zaku’s sound manipulation? They both do almost the same thing so Shino plugging them up should do the same thing.

Last edited:
What’s the big difference between Dosu and Zaku’s sound manipulation? They both do almost the same thing so Shino plugging them up should do the same thing.
Zaku doesn't have Sound Manipulation, he has Air Manipulation that creates shockwaves from tubes that are literally built inside of his arms while Dosu uses a gauntlet that manipulates vibrations to create intense soumdwaves that can horribly **** up someone's hearing and balance.

I didn’t realize Zaku had air, but still it seems like the bugs could at least stop Dosu from attacking and let Shino hit him with more. They are shown to be very impressive stat wise. Dosu and Zaku are relative and Shino can always supply more bugs until Dosu is overwhelmed so he should eventually win.

I didn’t realize Zaku had air, but still it seems like the bugs could at least stop Dosu from attacking and let Shino hit him with more. They are shown to be very impressive stat wise. Dosu and Zaku are relative and Shino can always supply more bugs until Dosu is overwhelmed so he should eventually win.
The difference being that unlike with the air, the vibrations of Dosu's gauntlet have no reason to be plugged and backfire as they're literally vibrations, they're just gonna blast onto and through the bugs since it doesn't really have the same kind of mass that air does. Not to mention Shino is likely to allow Dosu to try CQC like he did with Zaku before, meaning Dosu has a free chance to outright neg the Kikaichu outright.

The difference being that unlike with the air, the vibrations of Dosu's gauntlet have no reason to be plugged and backfire as they're literally vibrations, they're just gonna blast onto and through the bugs since it doesn't really have the same kind of mass that air does. Not to mention Shino is likely to allow Dosu to try CQC like he did with Zaku before, meaning Dosu has a free chance to outright neg the Kikaichu outright.
They may not backfire but they surely won’t be as effective. And Shino’s bugs were able to take Zaku’s attacks, the vibrations shouldn’t be too bad when there are hundreds of them to attack. And Dosu has no answer to the swarm used against Zaku. Even if he does land a hit, Shino should be able to endure it like Lee did and execute his strategy.

They may not backfire but they surely won’t be as effective. And Shino’s bugs were able to take Zaku’s attacks, the vibrations shouldn’t be too bad when there are hundreds of them to attack. And Dosu has no answer to the swarm used against Zaku. Even if he does land a hit, Shino should be able to endure it like Lee did and execute his strategy.
The answer is that the sound waves should **** up the fluids in the bugs just like they do to people, making them vastly weakened and disoriented along with Shino.

The answer is that the sound waves should **** up the fluids in the bugs just like they do to people, making them vastly weakened and disoriented along with Shino.
Like said by Slend, it’s unknown if Shino’s bugs intake anything other than chakra. I don’t think Dosu’s vibrations have the sheer area of effect to cover all them either.

Like said by Slend, it’s unknown if Shino’s bugs intake anything other than chakra. I don’t think Dosu’s vibrations have the sheer area of effect to cover all them either.
The issue there is that even if they have very little fluid, they most likely still have at least SOME, and bugs have very sensitive hearing.

Still, can we really say Dosu will be able to hit all the bugs Shino throws at him and avoid being beat if Shino tries CQC. I remember him smacking down on Zaku a little and Dosu’s only real close quarters feat is getting clowned on by Lee.

Still, can we really say Dosu will be able to hit all the bugs Shino throws at him and avoid being beat if Shino tries CQC. I remember him smacking down on Zaku a little and Dosu’s only real close quarters feat is getting clowned on by Lee.
If Shino goes for CQC then he'll lose badly since the only reason he beat Zaku as badly as he did is because Zaku literally had one of his arms in a sling and caught him off-guard by using the bugs to fill up his air tubes.

If Shino goes for CQC then he'll lose badly since the only reason he beat Zaku as badly as he did is because Zaku literally had one of his arms in a sling and caught him off-guard by using the bugs to fill up his air tubes.
Who’s to say though because Dosu has very little showings to imply he’s that far ahead of Zaku. He needed his help to beat Lee too. Shino clearly has to have some skill given he was confident in going CQC despite primarily playing the range game. I’d just like my vote counted at this point.

Who’s to say though because Dosu has very little showings to imply he’s that far ahead of Zaku. He needed his help to beat Lee too. Shino clearly has to have some skill given he was confident in going CQC despite primarily playing the range game. I’d just like my vote counted at this point.
Because unlike before, if Shino repeats what happened with Zaku's first move then Dosu will immediately cripple him with the soundwaves since he's nowhere near the CQC monster Lee is.

Let's talk about how the fight went.

-Zaku walks out in an arm brace, bandaged up. Both are smeared with dirt and scratched-up.
-Sakura mentions Zaku has two broken arms, Kiba calls Shino tough and says he's the only one he wouldn't want to go up against.
-The fight begins, and Zaku says his arm still has some life left in it, and says he can win with one hand tied behind his back.
-Zaku rushes Shino, and Shino blocks with no damage, saying he'll need more than one arm to beat him.
-Zaku surprises Shino, and blasts him with his Decapitating Airwaves, launching him back.
-Shino gets back up, unfazed and covered with bugs.
-A swarm approaches, and Zaku reveals that he can still use both arms.
-Zaku's armsget annihilated because he waited too long.
-Zaku turns to Shino, who knocks him back a few meters with a punch, rendering him unable to move.

Shino was physically superior to Zaku, and could only be damaged by him when he surprised him with his jutsu.

Let's talk about how the fight went.

-Zaku walks out in an arm brace, bandaged up. Both are smeared with dirt and scratched-up.
-Sakura mentions Zaku has two broken arms, Kiba calls Shino tough and says he's the only one he wouldn't want to go up against.
-The fight begins, and Zaku says his arm still has some life left in it, and says he can win with one hand tied behind his back.
-Zaku rushes Shino, and Shino blocks with no damage, saying he'll need more than one arm to beat him.
-Zaku surprises Shino, and blasts him with his Decapitating Airwaves, launching him back.
-Shino gets back up, unfazed and covered with bugs.
-A swarm approaches, and Zaku reveals that he can still use both arms.
-Zaku's armsget annihilated because he waited too long.
-Zaku turns to Shino, who knocks him back a few meters with a punch, rendering him unable to move.

Shino was physically superior to Zaku, and could only be damaged by him when he surprised him with his jutsu.
Even regarding this, if he pulls this same attempt to flex on Dosu then he's getting horrendously crippled by the soundwaves, leaving him wide open as his Kikaichu will be rendered useless due to their extremely sensitive senses even compared to shinobi.

Even regarding this, if he pulls this same attempt to flex on Dosu then he's getting horrendously crippled by the soundwaves, leaving him wide open as his Kikaichu will be rendered useless due to their extremely sensitive senses even compared to shinobi.
But his bugs should take the vibrations for him. When Zaku hit him with air, there was a layer of bugs serving as a shield for him, leaving him unharmed. Dosu would need some serious AOE to get past all of Shino’s defenses and hit every single bug to not be attacked, have his chakra sapped, or leave himself open to Shino. It feels like Dosu is getting way too much credit when he has just alright showings in a 1v1 and no great AOE.

But his bugs should take the vibrations for him. When Zaku hit him with air, there was a layer of bugs serving as a shield for him, leaving him unharmed. Dosu would need some serious AOE to get past all of Shino’s defenses and hit every single bug to not be attacked, have his chakra sapped, or leave himself open to Shino. It feels like Dosu is getting way too much credit when he has just alright showings in a 1v1 and no great AOE.
I don't think you understand how vibrations work. They're not like blasts of air like Zaku has, they're just gonna travel through the bugs and into Shino because it's literally ******* soundwaves.

Back