• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
if he can survive Smite Frost Burn and Immovable Wisdom King Strike (if Cocytus gets it off), then he has nothing else

Smite Frost Burn is still magic as I understand it so it could be canceled by the uniform, besides, is it something that Cocytus would use immediately? Anyway, Shin's uniform has the ability to alter heat as much as he wishes, and Shin himself can counteract with fire.

I don't know what Immovable Wisdom King Strike is.

Skills and magic seem to be separate in Overlord, but it would still be supernatural energy at the very least. It was used to freeze and shatter another 7-B, and is indeed one of his early moves.

IMKS is basically a big power strike that was going to one-shot something very close in power to a Evil Lord Wrath, a downscaled 7-B from the feat the top tiers scale to

It all depends on how the battle develops then. But it's not like Shin doesn't know how to deal with freezes, literally all Ultimate Magician (far inferior to Shin) can completely freeze their target and shatter it.

Cocytus might not be able to get off IWKS if Shin keeps the pressure on him before flying off, since it seemed to have a small window of skill activation to actually being used

but yea, if Shin survives Smite Frost Burn while being slightly slowed down in CQC and flies off, Cocytus actually can't do anything from there, since he just straight up doesn't have the range

@Oblivion Of The Endless

Hey, Shin has 3 votes now. Me, Milly and Ion. I don't know whether to count all Cocytus votes, since I don't understand how he can easily win.

i'm still kinda inclined to think this is a stomp, since Shin's range + flight make it so Cocytus wouldn't be able to hit him at all

Wasn't Cocytus more skilled with sword according to you? I never said to absorb all the attacks, that's NLF. It would only be a matter of time for Cocytus to get over, but Shin would attack from afar then.

Again, wasn't Cocytus supposedly better on the sword? Shin's stats amp should not be very big, and absorption should have limits. Cocytus can win with the sword and his aura can cause problems for Shin who is experienced, but still not as much as Cocytus as you claim.

Shin wins by attacking from afar, in close combat Shin could not win.

Having better skill doesn't really matter if your opponent can survive your own hits, counter or resist most of your actual abilities, and have a method of escape should CQC prove to be a losing battle, and still have a range advantage as the other guy is stuck with close combat only. You even claimed that Shin will immediately go back into range after the first few hits in close combat, Cocytus can only win CQC if he can one or two shot. AP advantage of 1.2x isn't enough, I'm with Apeironaxim that this is essentially a stomp. I literally can't see a win method for Cocytus, unless Shin just sticks to CQC for most of the fight thus allowing Cocytus to overcome his defenses or just stand there allowing Cocytus to charge up his skill, however you claimed this isn't in character for Shin.

Back