• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I don't know much about Cocytus, but I will vote for Shin thanks to his auto-heal and various functions of his uniform, any Cocytus' attack (if it's magic), will be passively canceled due to his uniform, physical attacks will not do much due to Complete Physical Impact Absorption, although he could be damaged, but not much.

Umm, it's hard.

Shin could become invisible, but I guess Cocytus' AP is higher. (For now, since Shin has several feats that are being calculated ...)

The only "threat" that Shin has faced, is Schtrom, and against him he used all kinds of elemental attacks, and his invisibility to attack and surprise him.

As a last resort, he used the sunlight beams

Hmm well his water techniques get passively countered by cocytus frost aura which should convert any water shin attempts to throw at him into ice. In melee combat cocytus should have an advantage as he is liable to wield his four divine class weapons against shin giving him more angles of attack, and he has longer reach then shin in melee combat.

Shins flames are a solid advantage but cocytus isn't weak to them afaik nor is he particularly weak to electric attacks. Sunlight beams again aren't something cocytus would be particularly weak against. Honestly his best bet is probably to avoid melee with cocytus and play a range game to wittle cocytus down, hes a melee build ill suited to ranged combat.

Shins physical nullification could be problematic, how absolute is it (Cocytus has similar to possibly higher ap as the feat he scales to is above shins by a decent margin)? His magic defense fails as it's meant for malicious magic, fire and water, cocytus uses ice exclusively and I don't think his magic would fall under malicious though I could be mistaken

Complete Physical Impact Absorption has so far not shown a limit (but obviously does not cancel everything), as I mentioned in another thread, his uniform even resisted explosive attacks by Schtrom (schtrom don't had malicious intentions, although being an antagonist he is not evil).

Honestly cocytus character probably helps him here, he's not malicous he doesn't fight to revel in the suffering of his enemies and hasn't shown malicous intent within the series, he fights for honor and to bring glory to the name of ainz ooal gown so Im not sure if any of his magic/attacks could be deemed malicous...

And? How does that scale to cocytus ap, creating magma isn't impressive ap wise nor is converting sand to glass to my knowledge, heck standing on the surface of the sun requires like building level dura. core requires city block + level, standing in magma is wall level...

Creation does require more energy but I doubt it scales above cocytus (It might just saying listing magma and glass conversion aren't the most impressive without calcs...)

I didn't mean the power of the flames, I just said that since Cocytus apparently has resistance to fire manip.

Anyway, I think this is a difficult match. But cocytus has an advantage for his AP.

For the moment Im leaning on cocytus his frost aura should nullify shins water attacks and weaken his flame attacks (Which cocytus already has some resistance to), his electric/light attacks are fine but in character he's liable to go for melee.

cocytus should be able to take this in cqc due to his slight ap advantage, his four weapons and longer reach, plus his frost aura will be slowing/harming shin as the fight progresses (His arua istantly froze a group of lizard men and a portion of the lake they were fighting in) add on to that his resistance to shins fire magic and I seem him claiming victory more often then not

Realistically, Cocytus should scale slightly above, since he can beat Albedo, who has the best defense in Nazarick

But obv that doesn't matter much

If Shin sees Cocytus overcome him in physical, he would probably attack from a distance. I vote for Shin thanks to the auto-heal, and I'm going because I would use electric attacks like many times ago.

Hmm self heal is good not as good when someone with higher ap is beating you down with four divine class weapons. Cocytus also has extrasensory perception (He can sense the attention of others on him) So invisibility won't help shin here.

Keep in mind a Divine weapon was able to cut through Shalltear's armor like paper

Add that to Cocytus and his general strength using it, and that's some hefty damage

Shin can win, he needs to go for range spam before cocytus kills him though which seems out of character. Teleportation is a good way to create distance but teleportation was also extremely common in yggdrasil thus its nothing cocytus hasn't faced in the past. I don't see shin escaping melee combat after it starts, at least not with any ease.

Will he spam it though? How liable is he to totally avoid melee combat? He needs to maintain his distance and not let cocytus get in close, seeing as his starting move is just as likly to be rushing into melee I sorta doubt he'll go for a pure projectile spam, he also only has two types of magic that aren't nullfied or resisted light and lightning and cocytus isn't weak to either of those forms of magic.

Did you consider Shin's mastery with a sword? He must be much smarter than Cocytus in that regard. He can even defeat armed adventurers using only his martial arts

With the invisibility he could escape, you said that Cocytus can detect him if he has attention on him, if Shin becomes invisible to get away he could do it.

Btw, something that should be mentioned, before even attacking, Shin detects the magical power, I think if he notices that Cocytus has greater power, he would prefer to attack from a distance.

Cocytus killed four characters that trained their entire lives and could cast powerful magic with a single swing... All without the use of magic... so skill argument seems dubios, cocytus is considered the greatest melee fighter due to his combat knolwedge and skill with his blades he has the highest dps because he can use four weapons at once, one in each claw...

Would shin think to stop focusing on cocytus as thats what it will take for invisiblity to matter.

Eh not sure how much that will help him cocytus similarly can read his opponents strength and will rush into melee as the fight starts.

Cocytus was literally made to be a strong, skilled warrior

he was made with knowledge on all the Supreme Being's weapons and how to use them

This dude knows how to fight with 4 different weapon types at once

why must he be smarter?

Why must he be?

Shin was trained by the former knight leader, he knows many martial arts and manages the sword perfectly. He was trained from his five years.

Even his sword level is higher than the knights of the kingdom with years of experience.

Yeah and cocytus outskills characters who have trained their entire lives with swords... People with over thirty years of experience pale in comparison to him.

He was made to be nazericks blade, he can weild four different weapons of various types at once in melee combat. None of the feats youve brought up put him above cocytus skills, the warriors of all the kingdoms of men pale in comparison to cocytus strength and skill with weapons..... See sounds impressive but in the end its not an easily comparable skill feat is it.

The pen or the sword said:
Yeah and cocytus outskills characters who have trained their entire lives with swords...He was made to be nazericks blade, he can weild four different weapons of various types at once in melee combat. None of the feats youve brought up put him above cocytus skills, the warriors of all the kingdoms of men pale in comparison to cocytus strength and skill with weapons.....
not only can he wield 4 at once, he knows how to use dozens more

Back