• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Also looking over his profile shin fears to use his teleport as hes worried about making a mistake? I sorta doubt he'll use it unless desperate and may even make a mistake while doing it if he's being beaten on by stronk bug.

So he won't teleport spam and cocytus is experienced with enemies far more capable of spam teleporting...

The pen or the sword said:
Also looking over his profile shin fears to use his teleport as hes worried about making a mistake? I sorta doubt he'll use it unless desperate and may even make a mistake while doing it if he's being beaten on by stronk bug.

So he won't teleport spam and cocytus is experienced with enemies far more capable of spam teleporting...
Then there are no more cards to play. Shin doesn't seem to have a way to win any. His explosions, which are his best attack, according to you will not work much against Cocytus, because Shin's explosions are based on fire.

I didn't mention anything about Shin's teleport, after all he just made a statement about that on the LN, but he doesn't use it.

Of course, if Shin starts from afar, he can create many magical attacks to defeat Cocytus, of all kinds, without running out. But if you say Cocytus wouldn't allow that.

How does Cocytus counteract the flight?

Anyway, probably the Shin's ap increase after some calculations that are being prepared... So I do not want to say much.

I know I was just pointing out him escaping cocytus via teleport didn't seem likely. Shin can win here, its just unlikely as it requires him range spamming lighting and light attacks and keeping his distance away from cocytus to avoid the melee. (Also of many kinds? cocytus nullifies water and ice attacks and resist fire)

We don't know, we know he's fought flying and teleporting enemies before but we don't know how he manages to deal with them. (Likely via some flying item) (Apeironaxim did we get any good feats for cocytus in the drama cd?)

Going to bed, but i feel like Cocytus had a couple more ranged attacks, but i'm not sure

I think he used a skill at one point to cover in ice and shatter some tentacles from the evil tree thing

i'll look tomorrow, if this is still going on

I'll vote Cocytus FRA

Just seems like he'll overwhelm him with 4 divine weapons at once, all of which should be comparable to the divine weapon that cut through Shalltear and her armor like paper

but seriously, is there enough people currently involved to finish the thread?

Overlord threads that aren't Ainz seem to always be forgotte

Okay, how does Cocytus beat Shin exactly? Shin can use several elementary attacks of all kinds in a row.

Also Cocytus's supposed sword mastery makes less sense than Shin's. As I see it, "outskills characters who have trained their entire lives with swords", and "He was made to be nazericks blade" does not make much sense.

Not to mention that Shin can fly. Also, the fact of Shin's uniform continues to matter, when it refers to dispersing any "malicious" magic, it does not refer to someone evil, as long as they try to harm it will work. Nor should physical attacks affect Shin much, thanks to his uniform, barriers, and statistics amplification.

I only see that Cocytus has an advantage over AP and is minimal. How does Cocytus deal with danmaku and homing attack followed by lots of electric attacks? Light beams would work too.

It depends in how much time the people Cocytus defeated trained, how much time exactly is "their entire lives" for example, I can be 8 years old and trained since I was born, there I have trained for my entire life. And be make to be the "sword" of a place is not much a skill feat, it depends on the other people in there, for example, I could be the "sword" of my town, but no one else in the town knows how to wield a sword (I know this isn't what happens with Cocytus, but it is a example), your title doesn't automatically more skilled than other characters. However, the other points with Cocytus sounds better, I would say Cocytus is above Shin in terms of skill, but not by that much.

I think I will retract my vote for now, since Ayase seems to be making a good point in there.

Been watching this for some time, and I have to say Shin takes this.

Outranges, higher stamina, smarter, Cocytus can understand him via him being a 15 year old kid, etc.

I've heard Shin will start with CQC, which lets Cocytus abuse the fact he has 4 Divine weapons, as well as stuff like Smite Frost Burn, and Immovable Wisdom King Strike, which can one-shot something close to Evil Lord Wrath's level

If Shin would actually abuse his massive range advantage from the very start, this may be a stomp, since Cocytus would literally never be able to hit him

Well, not being capable of hitting your opponent is not always a stomp. For example, someone starts with an attack with a though while the other have to hit him, the one with thought based ability will obviously win and the one who have to hit him have no way to touch him due to the difference in the techniques.

Other cases would someone with extremely good Analytical Prediction or Precognition versus someone stronger than them, the first will have an adventage in that he will know his opponents attacks and will dodge them while the other cannot hit him due to the analytical prediction letting the first one win.

And this one would be something like one have a range adventage over the other, the first one can keep doing his long range techniques making difficult for the other to close the distance and defeating him that way. I don't think this case would be a stomp (nor the second, but the first totally is), because the other can defeat him. And in this match, Shin could go physically but he can also decide to go with the long range spam making harder for Cocytus to hit him. So I don't think the match is a stomp in that case.

And now that I think about it, I vote Shin FRA. Cocytus could be more skilled and with somewhat better AP, but Shin have the range adventage and if the decides to go with it it would be difficult for Cocytus to hit him.

Maybe, but Shin also can go CQC which isn't that unlikely in which, as you said, Cocytus can defeat him with his AP advantage, better skill and his techniques. It's not like Cocytus have an OOC win-con, he can win the match.

Shin starts with vibration sword or elemental attacks from afar, whichever he wants. For example, against Kurt he used elemental attacks from the beginning, and against Schtrom he did the same. His elemental attacks are more common, Vibration Sword is more used against demons without consciousness.

Why would it be stomp? Cocytus can resist some attacks and get closer, but still, Shin can withstand many more attacks because of his uniform, barrier and increased resistance.

if shin goes CQC, which seems to be mixed, what stops Cocytus from freezing him through, causing him to shatter?

ChaosAyase~ said:
Shin starts with vibration sword or elemental attacks from afar, whichever he wants. For example, against Kurt he used elemental attacks from the beginning, and against Schtrom he did the same. His elemental attacks are more common, Vibration Sword is more used against demons without consciousness.
Why would it be stomp? Cocytus can resist some attacks and get closer, but still, Shin can withstand many more attacks because of his uniform, barrier and increased resistance.
get closer?

this is kilometers range vs 100 meters at best, with Shin being able to fly on top of it

if Shin will abuse his range, as in in-character, Cocytus will literally never be able to hit him, which means he will never be able to win

seems like a stomp to me

If we think about it, Shin attacks first with magic from afar, then takes advantage and attacks with Vibration Sword (he did it with Kurt and Schtrom), but noticing that Cocytus overcomes him in CQC, he moves away with Jet Boots and attacks from afar.

Is it stomp or not?

Back