• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shikamaru Nara (Naruto) VS Lie Ren (RWBY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, don't be so sure of that.

One thing Shikamaru definitely has over Ren is his strategy (quick, efficient snap-decision making and execution) and stealth. Ren has shown moments where he doesn't exactly strategize or plan even while he's calm.

Shikamaru would see Ren, realize the threat he is, and hide somewhere to think something up. Maybe distract him with the occasional jutsu, which is actually a versatility edge, but since Ren outclasses him by a level, let's say it'll only serve as a distraction.

If Aura = Chakra, Ren's Semblance would be useful, but we don't have that stipulation. And Shikamaru's sensing abilities is as good as any of the Konoha 11 (excluding Naruto and Ino, I suppose).

9:10 in Shikamaru's favor is my vote.(in 20 showdowns, Shikamaru wins 10 times)

There's no way Shikamaru can win this. He's weaker in every stat except intelligence and stamina. Shikamaru's possession jutsu doesn't even work for him either since it's 8-B.

This is a stomp even with Prep Time Shikamaru would struggle hard.

Nico-v11 said:
There's no way Shikamaru can win this. He's weaker in every stat except intelligence and stamina. Shikamaru's possession jutsu doesn't even work for him either since it's 8-B.
This is a stomp even with Prep Time Shikamaru would struggle hard.
We aren't told what version of Shikamaru is being used.

If the Shikamaru being used is the equivalent of Yuno right now (around Chuunin Exams), sure, he doesn't have anything to net himself the win.

If we're using mid-Shippuden to current Shikamaru, then every point I've made is valid. Yes, I chose the version more likely to put up a fight and win due to lack of specification. Does that count as wanking?

And seriously, even when washing clothes Yuno uses magic. Only Stamina feat he's shown is keeping up with Asta during their trip, and even that, IIRC, is anime filler, something I, as a manga reader, consider only half-valid.

[Seriously, the anime tries its best to make Yuno look good and Noelle look bad. But that's neither here nor there.]

Shikamaru has had specialized training in all forms of combat and ninja stealth. Yuno doesn't react well to ambushing and unpleasant surprises (first shown in his fight with Mars), which Shikamaru would definitely open with. Now that I think of it, Fuegoleon lost an arm to what could count as an ambush. Yuno isn't anywhere near Fuegoleon's level of combat effectiveness, is he?

One more thing. We're not given the battlefield either.

If there's enough cover, Shikamaru could and would definitely make full use of his ninja training. If it's a head-to-head in an open arena, well...depends of which Shikamaru we're using, but I agree that Yuno would have an overwhelming advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back