• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Upgrade for Shikamaru

Testarossa002

Username Only
As shown in the title, this should be relatively quick and minor

Shikamaru gets his Durability upgraded to 5-B via taking a punch from KCM/SPSM Naruto
Ngh!” A groan slipped out from between Kurotsuchi’s gritted pearly teeth. An inky black snake twined itself around the Tsuchikage’s pale, slender neck. Her eyes glittered dangerously. “Do you understand what you’re doing?”
Chakra gushed from the entire body of the Tsuchikage. Things were getting dicey.
Hurry and do it, Naruto.
“Stop!” Naruto shouted, sounding angrier than he had all day.
The Hokage’s back burned a golden color. Shikamaru turned his head to look at him. The flames of battle burned in Naruto’s eyes. The shadow that covered the room turned into black glass and shattered.
“Stop it! Shikamaru!”
A fierce blow made contact with his cheek, and Shikamaru fell to the floor.

“What are you even doing?! What is crushing us going to accomplish?!” Naruto yanked him up by his collar.
Shikamaru, motionless, said nothing. He averted his eyes. Naruto tossed him aside before bowing his head so deeply toward the other Kages that he almost scraped it on the ground.
“Sorry! He’s not the kind of guy to do a thing like that! I’ll really let him have it later! Forgive him!”
Kurotsuchi stood up. “So this is how Konoha does things.”
Quote is from Shikamaru's Story: Morning Clouds

While Naruto wasn't necessarily going for the kill, he was pretty much pissed at Shikamaru.
A downscale might be necessary for him.

Afaik, everyone who scales to him already scales to God tier values

Why the hell would Naruto be attacking Shikamaru with 5-B levels of force just to get him to stop?

That doesn't mean he would attack him with 5-B strength.
Huh?
Naruto punched him with cloaked form
No matter how much he holds back, it'll still be above his base stats
Which are 5-B to begin with

I know you have your grouse with the god tier scaling (which is why I'm not going to prolong this back and forth) but other characters get their scaling via comparable reasoning

Huh?
Naruto punched him with cloaked form
No matter how much he holds back, it'll still be above his base stats
Which are 5-B to begin with
That logic is not actually true.

Naruto in his Six Paths Sage Mode form (or other forms) could hold himself back more than his full strength in his base form.

That logic is not actually true.

Naruto in his Six Paths Sage Mode form (or other forms) could hold himself back more than his full strength in his base form.
unless you are going for an outlier argument, naruto thinking he had to go into six path to knock back shikamaru already implies he thinks his base form wouldn't be enough to knock him back,
just saying

unless you are going for an outlier argument, naruto thinking he had to go into six path to knock back shikamaru already implies he thinks his base form wouldn't be enough to knock him back,
just saying
I don't see anything in the text that says Naruto went into Six Paths mode because he didn't think his base form would be enough to punch him.

just saying
That's not really what happened. Naruto went into SPSM because Shikamaru tried restraining him with his Shadow strangle jutsu. Naruto only needed to power up to break out of the jutsu.

just saying
It really doesn't. If you think about it, Shikamaru's Shadow Possession can affect people on Naruto's level quite consistently, so it'd make sense that he'd use his chakra mode as that's a pretty easy way to counter that Jutsu.

I think shikimaruma may have lived a kick from code or something but i need to double check that

Last edited:
It really doesn't. If you think about it, Shikamaru's Shadow Possession can affect people on Naruto's level quite consistently, so it'd make sense that he'd use his chakra mode as that's a pretty easy way to counter that Jutsu.
oh wait, now I see what u guys are talking about ,my bad !I thought the context was him just going into KCM/ six path, to knock him back apart from the shadow possession

I don't see anything in the text that says Naruto went into Six Paths mode because he didn't think his base form would be enough to punch him.
apart from what US96 pointed out ,you wouldnt actually need a statement for such, it would just be a logical assumption,but in this case SP was what naruto was trying to over come, not just trying to attack Shikamaru

Last edited:
Is there even any damage to the wall here ? Can you link the full feat, it does not look that impressive and is likely not a full going out code
bro what🤦‍♂️ what kind of of argument is "is there any damage to the wall" its called attack potency, that is the full feat, if a charecter performs a feat by taking an attack from another than thats a durability feat if they dodge an attack from another like shikamaru dodged a kick from delta, thats a speed feat unless theres reason to belive the contrary which their really is not

Last edited:
this would be better support
I don't see why Naruto would attack Shikamaru seriously. I could see this maybe being used for support if Shikamaru had other durability feats on this level, but as the sole justification for 5-B durability? Yeah idk about that one.
i think this would be enough, also regarding naruto hitting shikimaru they do use the word Fierce implying naruto did hit him with some decent amount of force but i wouldent argue that that alone is particularly strong evidence

Last edited:
Yeah I think tanking a kick from Code who very much has no reason to hold back is enough along with the support of taking a Naruto punch

I think it's fine. the next one that needs to be updated is adult Konohamaru, he has much more support than all the other intermediate levels.

I'm not particularly invested in shikamaru to pick out similar arguments from the god tier crt (Just happened to reread the novel and came across it), so I'm just gonna concede on scaling via the punch alone.

So what do you guys think of this as a supporting argument
this would be better support

Is there even any damage to the wall here ? Can you link the full feat, it does not look that impressive and is likely not a full going out cod

Is there even any damage to the wall here ? Can you link the full feat, it does not look that impressive and is likely not a full going out code
lol why would that matter in this case ? feels like a disingenuous argument base of how we naturally scale relatively in corresponds to AP

i think this would be enough, also regarding naruto hitting shikimaru they do use the word Fierce implying naruto did hit him with some decent amount of force but i wouldent argue that that alone is particularly strong evidence
just makes sense that shikamaru with all of this would just scale to the new age kages at least ,he can use his chakra to hold the 5B types down ,can react to them( delta), and just over all shows some level of relativity.

lol why would that matter in this case ? feels like a disingenuous argument base of how we naturally scale relatively in corresponds to AP
Code's durability is Wall level 🤓
0071-024.png
0071-025.png
0071-027.png

Because I saw a calc that wasn't accepted because there was no damage to the carpet, although it was a KE calc Im still new to this so Im sorry if I am wrong

Because I saw a calc that wasn't accepted because there was no damage to the carpet, although it was a KE calc Im still new to this so Im sorry if I am wrong
Oh your fine, as far as the calc goes with KE a lot of the time in fiction speed is not related to your ap. Someone might logically be able to produce building level KE with sheer speed but when they actually go to damage something via making a crater or something they might be more consistently wall level

You still do even with the new evidences?
Looks like he was just trying to shove him away rather than hurting him with 5B striking strength. Kinda similar with SM Madara kicking Sai without Sai disintegrating on the spot
6l7mn1ql87ka1.gif

Ok, tbh, this looks fine I guess. Although, that would mean Konohamaru has 5B durability since he tanked Jigen's rods regardless of how bs it is.

Looks like he was just trying to shove him away rather than hurting him with 5B striking strength. Kinda similar with SM Madara kicking Sai without Sai disintegrating on the spot
6l7mn1ql87ka1.gif
I mean...that was Base Madara, and Sai did no diff Sasori and Deidara earlier even if he was resolve amped, so it's not like it's that inconsistent for him to be able to tank that.
Ok, tbh, this looks fine I guess. Although, that would mean Konohamaru has 5B durability since he tanked Jigen's rods regardless of how bs it is.
Did they not pierce through him?

Konohamaru could survive an attack from Isshiki with killing intent and also attacks from Koji, he is a very strange case.

Back