• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Upgrade for Shikamaru

Looks like he was just trying to shove him away rather than hurting him with 5B striking strength. Kinda similar with SM Madara kicking Sai without Sai disintegrating on the spot
6l7mn1ql87ka1.gif

Ok, tbh, this looks fine I guess. Although, that would mean Konohamaru has 5B durability since he tanked Jigen's rods regardless of how bs it is.
doesn't konohamaru get hospitalized and totally passed out during this?and in this case shikamaru has far more consistency when it comes to showing relativity to the 5B characters tho

doesn't konohamaru get hospitalized and totally passed out during this?and in this case shikamaru has far more consistency when it comes to showing relativity to the 5B characters tho
I wouldn't consider it "consistency". He just has a lot of screentime to get smacked around by every villain in the boruto era and still survive....somehow.

Is able to restrain and potentially kill the Boruto Kage, restrains Momoshiki and Kinshiki, thinks he can help SM Naruto in a fight, thinks he and Delta can beat Code, restrains and tanks a kick from Code, tanks a punch from SPSM Naruto. I do see a lot of consistency for 5-B Shikamaru.

Konohamaru could survive an attack from Isshiki with killing intent and also attacks from Koji, he is a very strange case.
if I remember right he also had a rasengan clash with koji lol (Ftl/
5B konohamaru go braaaa)
but I think it was implied konji wasn't really going all out like at all

I wouldn't consider it "consistency". He just has a lot of screentime to get smacked around by every villain in the boruto era and still survive....somehow.
bro he can hold down 5b characters, almost killed the kage if not of naruto slapping him ,got reaction feats on delta + characters with more screentime usually get upscaled but damn boruto power creep kinda making things weird 😂

Is able to restrain and potentially kill the Boruto Kage, restrains Momoshiki and Kinshiki, thinks he can help SM Naruto in a fight, thinks he and Delta can beat Code, restrains and tanks a kick from Code, tanks a punch from SPSM Naruto. I do see a lot of consistency for 5-B Shikamaru.
bro just lowkey built different, also not to seem like I'm appealing to tradition but topest of top konoha ninjas usually scale to other kage level of power like itachi , kakashi and might guy etc
makes a lot of sense that he would at least be new age kage level base of what we have seen sha

We have zero reason to believe Naruto, while still in control of his actions and ability to control the amount of force he can produced with his attacks, would decide to strike Shikamaru, one of his best friends, with comparable power as he would against an enemy he's trying to severely hurt, which would be where the "5-B" scaling comes from, through damaging people like Kaguya and Momoshiki.

I disagree with this.

We have zero reason to believe Naruto, while still in control of his actions and ability to control the amount of force he can produced with his attacks, would decide to strike Shikamaru, one of his best friends, with comparable power as he would against an enemy he's trying to severely hurt, which would be where the "5-B" scaling comes from, through damaging people like Kaguya and Momoshiki.

I disagree with this.
this would be better support
This is Shikamaru taking a kick from code
The Naruto punch becomes a supporting evidence for this

Seems I need to add this to the OP

unless you are going for an outlier argument, naruto thinking he had to go into six path to knock back shikamaru already implies he thinks his base form wouldn't be enough to knock him back,
Incorrect. He went Kurama Mode because Shikamaru's jutsu that he held him in requires potent chakra to break out of, which nine tails chakra breaks out of

Back