• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shikamaru 5-C durability upgrade

Boruto also shows relativity in speed to Momoshiki, pretty sure that whole scene is just PIS.
And the scene with Shikamaru and Code isn't?

Shikamaru who has gotten so rusty that he can't even crush a tree with his Shadow ninjutsu, but he can take Moon level attacks with minimal difficulty? This does seem very unusual.

I genuinely don't care wtf does Choji even have to do with this? Also I outright gave you scaling that puts him over Choji to satisfy this weirdass need you have, but you just ignored it.
Because.....
DVbdsz0.png

In all seriousness, the point of me saying all of this is that Shikamaru likely wouldn't be the sole beneficiary of this scaling.

Neither base Code nor Shikamaru SP is 5C on the wiki now.
At most, Shikamaru would scale to 6C durability which still remains vague and unclear. The same very attempt was made to get Gaara up to 5C durability for the same reasons. The show isn't gory, you don't need to see a big hole in his stomach before you draw conclusions that he does not scale.
Taking feats at face value won't only just mess up the scaling chain but create inconsistencies. Shikamaru was knocked back, spat blood and screamed in pain, while staying put for some time. I think that enough reasons for him to be vastly weaker. Although, if there are any supporting feats for this then it'll have a solid basis.
For now, count me as disagree.
I also agree with this.

His physical durability is not.
That seems kinda dumb ngl. Like he canonically fights and tanks a 5C character but if one were to basically just sneeze too hard in his direction he gets atomized?
Naruto and sasuke can't have a durability that's unquantifiably higher than their ace techniques (i.e Majestic attire). It doesn't make any sense to start with, Naruto has been shown to be able harm others who can harm him. Hence, his AP would eventually scale to his durability which would in turn mess up the entire.
I mean Naruto and Sasuke both continuesly tank hits that destroy these ace techniques since like, Kaguya fight, and Isshiki never destroys MA anyway. Could also be Isshiki not taking them seriously. Because it makes sense Isshiki would hit fodders that are a non factor to him with 1/3 of his strength but it doesn't make sense for Code to hit one of his biggest threats with 1/1000000 of his strength despite actively creating 5 knifes out of his fingers for the attack.
They did damage each other
They didn't. At least not with taijutsu. They show relativity in strength and hit each other in the face like 50x and don't do any real damage. Same way Naruto and fused Momo also clobbered each other without damaging or getting damaged. Taijutsu AP is just < durability in most cases.
Yes, inconsistency. That's the premise being used here.
So? Can you prove this is an inconsistency? I gave several reasons for why it's actually very consistent while no evidence contradicting this was shown so far. "inconsistencies exist" isn't an argument. Like what are we supposed to do with that information? Throw out the entire verse?
No, it has him at 7-C physically, 5C with his weapon.
His profile literally says "6C" at the top and "planet level" at the bottom… But again either way, what are we supposed to do with this information? So Chojuro has ridiculous anti feats in the anime (and so does Kurotsuchi). I guess we can throw out all of Boruto off the wiki? 😭
that specific Borushiki should be stronger than the one that fought Sasuke, since he had more chakra and had absorbed some more from Naruto.
This specific state was also earlier in the Otsutsukification process of Borutos body and Boruto having been obliterated before Momoshiki taking over.
Also why would that Sasuke be above this Boro? Sasuke was completely beaten up and without a rinnegan with no feats whatsoever to scale. This doesn't even work as a "well inconsistencies exist" moment because you can't actually prove it's an inconsistency.
You can't prove Boro fight Borushiki was stronger than Sasuke fight Borushiki, and you can't prove Skateboarded Rinnegone Sasuke was stronger than Boro.
There is also no feats that places Boruto a whole tier below Naruto. Asking that question is absurd. Boruto has no business scaling to Karma Kawaki who later on overpowers Boruto Karma form, having noted that karma severely amps one's stats.
Boruto already on par with base Kawakis before he was 100% Otsutsuki so there's no reason to assume ks1 Kawaki would be more than 2x stronger than 100% Otsutsuki Boruto. Again this doesn't even work as a "well inconsistencies exist" moment because you can't possibly prove this is an inconsistency to begin with.

Code claws aren't actually notably sharp, Unlike Kawaki's. His seems more blunt
They're… claws? Claws he uses to… cut things?
Naruto saying that isn't a supportive evidence. Shikamaru isn't the close combat type so obviously Naruto was referring to his shadow possession techniques and what not.
Kind of useless if his opponent can just throw a pebble in his way and decapitate him with it due to the AP difference.

All in all this doesn't really debunk anything. At best you point out that "inconsistencies happen sometimes" without actually giving any reasons for why this would be an inconsistency.

And the scene with Shikamaru and Code isn't?
No? Shikamaru already has speed feats of outspeeding Momoshiki and Kinshiki and power feats of immobilizing them as well as immobilizing the gokage and threatening their lifes. As well as literally no anti feats to suggest he scales lower.
Shikamaru who has gotten so rusty that he can't even crush a tree with his Shadow ninjutsu, but he can take Moon level attacks with minimal difficulty? This does seem very unusual.
What? He literally tied up and stopped Kinshiki mid attack as well as the gokage. Am I just missing a joke or what exactly are you saying here?
In all seriousness, the point of me saying all of this is that Shikamaru likely wouldn't be the sole beneficiary of this scaling.
Who else would be?

Two-three staff disagreements tho, let’s go home and try again later
It's wild because they literally just replied "I agree" to a comment saying "eeh other characters have inconsistencies sometimes 🤓". No arguments, completely ignored that I debunked the comment, just "yeah I agree".

If a character can't get an upgrade despite such a blatant feat with no contradictions at all what's even the point of trying to do anything here?

There is no good reasoning as far as I can see for how Shikamaru would suddenly attain God Tier durability.

There is no good reasoning as far as I can see for how Shikamaru would suddenly attain God Tier durability.
There is no good reasoning for why Darui, Gaara, Shikamarus SP, Sakura, Chojuro, Kurotsuchi, or basically any human in Boruto not named Uzumaki or Uchiha gained that level of speed, power, durability, whatever. Yet they scale to it. Pretty basic power cliff.

I don’t like it either but we can't ignore blatant feats with no contradictions just because we don't like them.

Oh yeah btw since Code is currently only 6-C in base this would only upgrade Shikamaru to 6-C for now so it's not even that big of a jump.

One question

Wasn't shikamaru actually weaker now than he was before as he'd gotten rusty? It seems like PIS to me that if code wanted him dead and attacked him with bloodlust he wouldn't 1-2 shot him

Wasn't shikamaru actually weaker now than he was before as he'd gotten rusty? It seems like PIS to me that if code wanted him dead and attacked him with bloodlust he wouldn't 1-2 shot him
No reason to assume he got weaker. And even if he did it wouldn't be in comparison to his WA teen self but an unknown offscreen "prime" blank period Shikamaru.

His feats consistently place him at this level idk why would it be PIS.

Is it worth bumping this since the arguments still stand or is it a lost cause since 2 staff members disagreed regardless of that fact? 😭

Moon level? I don't know if y'all know this but base code with limiters is actually just 6c . Not that other arguments don't need to be tackled but this thread should change it's premise from 5c to 6c

Moon level? I don't know if y'all know this but base code with limiters is actually just 6c . Not that other arguments don't need to be tackled but this thread should change it's premise from 5c to 6c
Yeah but I lost interest in the thread after 2 staff members disagreed based off pure headcanon despite said headcanons being debunked

He scales to Kawaki who is 6-C. He should be stronger than sakura and shin tho right? He'd have to scale to someone who's 5-C to become 5-C for a outright 5-C tier tho
Sakura and Shin have no business being 5-C but GoH is eating up all my time so I'm not going to anything about it now

Back