• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shikamaru 5-C durability upgrade

No damage?

Wasn't that blood he spat out?
I don’t think so ngl. You can see some debris around him in the previous panel so it's most likely that. He got hit by a claw attack which should cut him if anything, so it wouldn't make sense if it were to leave no scratch wounds but do blunt force damage anyway.
Screenshot-2023-12-28-09-11-43-179-com-brave-browser-edit.jpg

Weren't people like Chojuro and Darui taking hits from Momoshiki, who are also on the mid-tier ninja list? Granted, Darui could fight the Gold and Silver brothers back in the war arc, but....Shikamaru upgrade to the moon

......But wouldn't this upgrade Temari, Choji, and a WHOLE bunch of people?

I knew you would say that and act like you have no idea how scaling works. If the feat happened to Kiba, are we scaling him above Naruto now?

Weren't people like Chojuro and Darui taking hits from Momoshiki, who are also on the mid-tier ninja list?
They're 5-C on the wiki as well.
Why are we assuming Code used his full power? He can easily kill him with far less power behind it.
Already covered that before…
Feel free to pull up literally any feat debunking my point instead of needlessly pinging me. I know you won't find any, but it could be fun for you.
Oh of course. Shikamaru got hit by Code. Code scales above people like the gokage who are stated to be the best they had to save Naruto from Momoshiki. So Shikamarus durability > Code >(whatever longass chain he has over the gokage) > gokage individually > Choji.
I knew you would say that and act like you have no idea how scaling works. If the feat happened to Kiba, are we scaling him above Naruto now?
Yep. Assuming this scales above Naruto which it probably doesn't. Code only has arguments over base Naruto. Idk why are you trying to make me look bias, I don't give a shit about Shikamaru.

Oh of course. Shikamaru got hit by Code. Code scales above people like the gokage who are stated to be the best they had to save Naruto from Momoshiki. So Shikamarus durability > Code >(whatever longass chain he has over the gokage) > gokage individually > Choji.
The first issue is putting Shikamaru's durability over Code's AP because too many variables are involved in saying Shikamaru's durability is > the totality of base Code. Secondly, I can't tell if that's debris or blood, but given that Shikamaru was dry-heaving after that hit, I'm leaning toward blood unless this gets properly animated/colorized.

The second is Shikamaru has 0 lifting strength feats and barely any physical feats. Choji has had Class M LS since Part 1, and scales far above the form with the feat in his base form in Shippuden. Then he still has access to super expansion jutsu, as well as butterfly mode. Choza was able to briefly struggle with the Gedo Mazo, who's in the same LS tier as Kurama Sage Mode Naruto, and above current Sakura, who's in the same LS tier as Choji currently and amps her physical strength with chakra. Choji should still be even stronger than that going into Boruto since he kept up with his training.

None of the above arguments should be an issue since you're fine with the idea of Shikamaru's physicals scaling to his shadow possession technique since they both stem from his chakra. (That's not actually my argument I'm just poking holes at yours, otherwise we'd have 5-C Tsunade)

Last edited:
The first issue is putting Shikamaru's durability over Code's AP because too many variables are involved in saying Shikamaru's durability is > the totality of base Code.
No there are not. One of the biggest threats to Code gets hit by Codes transformed claw and doesn't take any damage despite it being a cutting attack. That's very a blatant feat.
Secondly, I can't tell if that's debris or blood, but given that Shikamaru was dry-heaving after that hit, I'm leaning toward blood unless this gets properly animated/colorized.
Already went over this before. I both explained why that's most likely debris and why it being blood wouldn't matter anyway.
The second is Shikamaru has 0 lifting strength feats and barely any physical feats.
Completely and utterly irrelevant.
Choji should still be even stronger than that going into Boruto since he kept up with his training.
That's literally nothing but a whole bunch of headcanon with no evidence at all. Your entire reasoning is basically just personal incredulity
(That's not actually my argument I'm just poking holes at yours, otherwise we'd have 5-C Tsunade)
Go ahead and show me 5-C Tsunade evidence lmao

Doesn't "At Most 5-C" for dura fit here perfectly? Fact remains a 7-B character cannot survive a 5-C characters physical hits even with them holding back. I don't see either how code goes from 5-C to 7-B because he was holding back.... He just wasn't using his full extent and only kicked shikamaru cuz he was a nusiance to him. I agree with At Most Moon level dura for shikamaru unless this gets put off as an outlier.

Another thing, it's not like he doesn't have some consistency with scaling like being able to react to and catch FTL characters in their tracks with his shadow paralysis and yes ik this is for speed but still.... He's not as inconsistent as you all make him to be. That's just my opinion tho

No there are not. One of the biggest threats to Code gets hit by Codes transformed claw and doesn't take any damage despite it being a cutting attack. That's very a blatant feat.
Code told you he put effort into that attack? 🗿
Already went over this before. I both explained why that's most likely debris and why it being blood wouldn't matter anyway.
Neither of us can confirm anything on this point soooo
Completely and utterly irrelevant.
Relevant because as I said, there's 0 evidence that Shikamaru is physically stronger than Choji. Literally, the logic of getting knocked back by an attack is being hit with more force than you exert to maintain your current orientation. Shikamaru isn't getting knocked back by a moving mountain?
That's literally nothing but a whole bunch of headcanon with no evidence at all. Your entire reasoning is basically just personal incredulity
Everyone who kept up with their training got stronger. Naruto, who didn't, was ridiculed by Kurama over this fact since he was rusty.
Go ahead and show me 5-C Tsunade evidence lmao
Reading comprehension gone

I agree. Remember, for Shikamaru to not scale, Code would have to hold back over a whopping 29.6 trillion times back in AP (backscaling off the highest 7-B and the lowest 5-C), which are the same type of matchup disparities that aren’t allowed on the wiki because they’d just be AP stomps (and it’s far high into one-shot territory).

Yet Shikamaru, who’s supposedly Town level, doesn’t get absolutely obliterated by Moon level Code and he just ”coughs up blood” which is debateable but doesn’t and should not even matter anyway because someone with 7-B durability should not just ”cough up a little blood” from a 5-C level attack.

No matter how much Code would hold back, especially with a Claw arm, he would not hold back THAT much while being portrayed to try to kill him, saying otherwise is just being disingenious here

Last edited:
Code told you he put effort into that attack? 🗿
No no he told me"I'm going to hold back to not harm Shikamaru because I love him 😍 ".
Actually out of the dozens, if not hundreds of combat situations in Naruto/Boruto, how many times did characters actually say they're putting effort into an attack? Because I remember like 1,5 lmao.
Neither of us can confirm anything on this point soooo
Doesn't matter as I only have to prove it's the most likely explanation. Since we're discussing fiction and everything in fiction depends on interpretation…
Relevant because as I said, there's 0 evidence that Shikamaru is physically stronger than Choji. Literally, the logic of getting knocked back by an attack is being hit with more force than you exert to maintain your current orientation. Shikamaru isn't getting knocked back by a moving mountain?
I genuinely don't care wtf does Choji even have to do with this? Also I outright gave you scaling that puts him over Choji to satisfy this weirdass need you have, but you just ignored it.
Everyone who kept up with their training got stronger. Naruto, who didn't, was ridiculed by Kurama over this fact since he was rusty.
Naruto is accepted to have gotten stronger on the wiki, if you don't like it go make a huge verse changing CRT.

Also whether Choji got stronger or not (baseless claim, we don't even know if he's still an active ninja from what I remember), it doesn't prove he is still stronger than Shikamaru. This is BTW about durability not strength so idek why would you complain about strength so much.
Reading comprehension gone
Your example only works if there's some sort of a feat that puts Tsunade to 5-C so go ahead and give me the feat.

Another thing, it's not like he doesn't have some consistency with scaling like being able to react to and catch FTL characters in their tracks with his shadow paralysis and yes ik this is for speed but still.... He's not as inconsistent as you all make him to be. That's just my opinion tho
Yeah. He can keep up with, immobilize, and harm (through neck snapping) characters who scale to 5-C. All this really does is prove what we already thought was the case

Judging by the fact that the metal behind Shikamaru didn't even dent, I would be hesitant to give him 5B durability. Not every hit from a 5B character is 5B

I forgot to mention, the people who also say ”oh but the metal wall wasn’t that much damaged so Shikamaru wouldn’t scale”, just know that yall are making an AOE fallacy and a non sequitur fallacy in the same argument. By that logic, Code himself shouldn’t even be Wall level for not being able to pop a Town level Shikamaru and a metal wall like a balloon 💀

"Judging by the fact that the metal behind Shikamaru didn't even dent, I would be hesitant to give him 5B durability. Not every hit from a 5B character is 5B"
In other words "Let's ignore the concept of Attack Potency because Destructive capability doesn't add up on a site like Vs battle wiki where Ben Ten humans get 6-C for harming aliens" and let's not ignore guys there's a possibility a 5-B character's attack can go all the way down to 9-B because they're holding back 🤔🤔

Neither base Code nor Shikamaru SP is 5C on the wiki now.
At most, Shikamaru would scale to 6C durability which still remains vague and unclear. The same very attempt was made to get Gaara up to 5C durability for the same reasons. The show isn't gory, you don't need to see a big hole in his stomach before you draw conclusions that he does not scale.
Taking feats at face value won't only just mess up the scaling chain but create inconsistencies. Shikamaru was knocked back, spat blood and screamed in pain, while staying put for some time. I think that enough reasons for him to be vastly weaker. Although, if there are any supporting feats for this then it'll have a solid basis.
For now, count me as disagree.

let's not ignore guys there's a possibility a 5-B character's attack can go all the way down to 9-B because they're holding back 🤔🤔
You can go from 1-A to 10-C for holding back enough, I'm not saying you can't. But Code here isn't trying to play around with his newborn son or whatever. He's purposely transforming his hand into a weapon in order to attack someone who's not only his opponent but also one of the biggest threats to him. Him holding back in general wouldn't make sense, him holding back to such an extent where he drops a tier would be even more illogical.

I think that enough reasons for him to be vastly
You make a good argument. But there's one thing that is clear, even if he is vastly weaker, i do think a "At Most" fits here. Unless this and other durability feats that don't make u downscale to a tier especially when your tier is massively lower like 7-B to tier 5 difference.... Outlier it is. And like i mentioned earlier, shikamaru isn't that inconsistent since he has feats with 5-C's that aren't limited to durability

The show isn't gory, you don't need to see a big hole in his stomach before you draw conclusions that he does not scale.
No, you’re right that the show isn’t gory. But the show and the manga makes it clear when someone does and does not scale and you don’t need to cherry pick my argument so you can avoid the issue. For example in Shippuden when Obito was violating random Mist Ninjas or even in Boruto when Sarada was using Chidori on Boro.

Like I know you noticed the difference that I pointed out between 7-B (Shikamaru) and Code (5-C) and matter of fact, even Code’s 6-C key has a massive difference compared to Shika’s 7-B key.
Those feats will definitely have to have a CRT with the victims scaling to the durability because those all seem like blatant dura feats, even more so than this one. But that would be derailing.
Taking feats at face value won't only just mess up the scaling chain but create inconsistencies. Shikamaru was knocked back, spat blood and screamed in pain, while staying put for some time. I think that enough reasons for him to be vastly weaker. Although, if there are any supporting feats for this then it'll have a solid basis.
As the other people have said, this CRT was never to put Shikamaru at Code’s level in a fight but merely to scale him to getting hit and surviving despite being Town level.

If the scaling chain would be ”messed up” for having Shika blatantly tank an attack like that, then the chain itself is messed up from the beginning.

Last edited:
Neither base Code nor Shikamaru SP is 5C on the wiki now.
I disagree but whatever, that's still a 6-C upgrade to Shikamaru. I ain't making another CRT for Code lmao.
The same very attempt was made to get Gaara up to 5C durability for the same reasons. The show isn't gory, you don't need to see a big hole in his stomach before you draw conclusions that he does not scale.
Wait Gaara isn't 5-C? Didn't he outright block and restrict Fused Momoshiki, then tank a punch from him? 💀
Sure let's upgrade Naruto and Sasukes durability as well then. It's weird but they do get pummeled by Isshiki and still don't take much damage so I don't see a reason why their durability wouldn't just be above their AP. Also consistent with Delta and Naruto clobbering each other without taking any serious damage.
Boruto also shows relativity in speed to Momoshiki, pretty sure that whole scene is just PIS.
Koji is very clearly holding back here, given that he's only really responding rather than actually attacking and smiling throughout the fight.
Chojuros profile is a mess and still has him at planet level so this was actually accepted as a feat for him at some point. This is mostly just the Boruto anime being horribly inconsistent with scaling since he literally does scale to Kinshiki in both Manga and anime.
Why would Boro be a whole tier below this specific Borushiki?
Why? I don't remember any feats that would put base OA Boruto a whole tier below Kawaki with just karma stage 1. And he still barely blocks a single attack with both hands so even if Kawaki with ks1 is 2x stronger than Boruto, Boruto would still be able to block his attacks like this.
Wdym "feats at face value"? This is like, a very direct feat with no contradictions. Shikamaru spitting blood is debatable but the fact that he got hit by a cutting attack without actually getting cut is not.

As for supportive evidence I already went over that. Besides getting kicked by WK Code (although casually), Naruto still believed Shikamaru is strong enough to be support to him in combat. More importantly we've seen him outspeed and restrain as well as threaten other 5-C ftl characters. Not only are there no contradictions, this would just be extremely consistent with everything else we've seen.

Wait Gaara isn't 5-C? Didn't he outright block and restrict Fused Momoshiki, then tank a punch from him?
His physical durability is not.
Sure let's upgrade Naruto and Sasukes durability as well then. It's weird but they do get pummeled by Isshiki and still don't take much damage so I don't see a reason why their durability wouldn't just be above their AP.
Naruto and sasuke can't have a durability that's unquantifiably higher than their ace techniques (i.e Majestic attire). It doesn't make any sense to start with, Naruto has been shown to be able harm others who can harm him. Hence, his AP would eventually scale to his durability which would in turn mess up the entire.
Also consistent with Delta and Naruto clobbering each other without taking any serious damage.
They did damage each other
Boruto also shows relativity in speed to Momoshiki, pretty sure that whole scene is just PIS.
Yes, inconsistency. That's the premise being used here.
Chojuros profile is a mess and still has him at planet level so this was actually accepted as a feat for him at some point.
No, it has him at 7-C physically, 5C with his weapon.

Why would Boro be a whole tier below this specific Borushiki?
that specific Borushiki should be stronger than the one that fought Sasuke, since he had more chakra and had absorbed some more from Naruto.

Why? I don't remember any feats that would put base OA Boruto a whole tier below Kawaki with just karma stage 1. And he still barely blocks a single attack with both hands so even if Kawaki with ks1 is 2x stronger than Boruto, Boruto would still be able to block his attacks like this.
There is also no feats that places Boruto a whole tier below Naruto. Asking that question is absurd. Boruto has no business scaling to Karma Kawaki who later on overpowers Boruto Karma form, having noted that karma severely amps one's stats.

Wdym "feats at face value"? This is like, a very direct feat with no contradictions. Shikamaru spitting blood is debatable but the fact that he got hit by a cutting attack without actually getting cut is not.
Code claws aren't actually notably sharp, Unlike Kawaki's. His seems more blunt

As for supportive evidence I already went over that. Besides getting kicked by WK Code (although casually), Naruto still believed Shikamaru is strong enough to be support to him in combat. More importantly we've seen him outspeed and restrain as well as threaten other 5-C ftl characters. Not only are there no contradictions, this would just be extremely consistent with everything else we've seen.
Naruto saying that isn't a supportive evidence. Shikamaru isn't the close combat type so obviously Naruto was referring to his shadow possession techniques and what not.

I've said what I needed to say, I won't be responding again.

Back