• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shikamaru 5-C durability upgrade

This should be pretty straightforward. Basically we just scale Shikamarus AP to his durability.

Shikamaru tanks a hit from Code.
IMG-20231106-120821.jpg

Code is 5-C even with his limiters on.

Possible counter argument would be that this is base Code, but we see he can move even despite Shikamarus restrictions.
IMG-20231106-121159.jpg

Shikamarus Shadow possession is currently 5-B as well due to restricting base new era Naruto and Kinshiki.

Shikamarus durability ~ Code >~ Shikamarus shadow possession > 5C

Last edited:
Judging by the fact that the metal behind Shikamaru didn't even dent, I would be hesitant to give him 5B durability. Not every hit from a 5B character is 5B.
DC in Boruto is very VERY low in general. The strongest characters don't even really have wall level DC despite having extremely long chains above 5-B feats.
That ain't tanking lil bro
Measly surviving and way too vague
takes a hit from Codes claws
takes no visible damage
Yes it's 100% tanking. Hell even if he took minimal damage like a surface level scratch it should be 5-B since Code is pretty high into 5-B

Shikamaru did seem to tank it imo.

Although I still don't like the minimal destruction in this feat.
I agree but yeah, that's Boruto for you. One of the physically strongest character with like 5 characters long scaling chain over 5-B barely cracks the ground.
IMG-20231107-185634.jpg

Got flying with a single kick and coughs up blood. Sure!
How is him flying away making it not tanking? Also that's a claw strike not a kick.
Also that looks more like the debris from the wall than blood given that it's so small and there's no blood on Shikamaru anywhere after this.

Either way, Shikamaru just coughing up less than a tablespoons of blood after getting hit by claws from a 5-B would still make this tanking.

I think this is an outlier or inconsistency. A non-physically strong shinobi like Shikamaru shouldn't have 5-B durability.

That's like the only feat he has. Got hit by one attack and knocked back. He was portrayed as being a fodder that could easily be killed by Code when he was taken hostage. That does qualify as an outlier or inconsistency.

I think this is an outlier or inconsistency. A non-physically strong shinobi like Shikamaru shouldn't have 5-B durability.
Why not? That is not what an outlier is. He was attacked by a bare minimum 5-B character (no one has suggested or explained why he would be less than that in this instance) and was not immediately mangled. And him being portrayed as fodder doesn't mean anything, because the argument isn't about whether he could beat Code or something, just that he could take at least one attack from him.. Also idk where non-physically strong came from, because he definitely has physical based feats, even listed on his profile.

Why not? That is not what an outlier is. He was attacked by a bare minimum 5-B character (no one has suggested or explained why he would be less than that in this instance) and was not immediately mangled. And him being portrayed as fodder doesn't mean anything, because the argument isn't about whether he could beat Code or something, just that he could take at least one attack from him.. Also idk where non-physically strong came from, because he definitely has physical based feats, even listed on his profile.
If he is portrayed as fodder to relevant fighters like Code, then there's little reason to scale him to Code. You know that's the only feat he has that is inconsistent with his other feats? Take a look at his profile again, you will see he isn't depicted as physically strong and that his Shadow Possession Jutsu is on another tier compared to his physicals.

I mean he's really only 7-B physically because he has no showings above that, not because he has antifeats for being that level. If anything, it makes more sense for his physicals to be in the same league as his Shadow Possession as both come from the same power source, his chakra, it's just used in different ways.

If he is portrayed as fodder to relevant fighters like Code, then there's little reason to scale him to Code.
Firstly, this whole fodder point does not mean anything, because a character can take an attack from much stronger characters and still scale. As shown literally in the pages, he takes the strike from Code, and managed to use his shadow possession shortly after. Code being able to kill him easily does not in any way negate the fact that an intentioned strike from him was not enough to override Shikimarus durability to an extreme degree. Code being able to kill him if he put more effort into it does not contradict this. Hell, plenty of characters from Naruto alone have scaling like this on VSBW. Tsunade is clearly portrayed as inferior to Madara, yet scales from being able to survive his susanoo attack without any major injuries and being able to get back up. I could go on and on for scaling like this in Naruto alone, and the reason why this is relevant is because what you're suggesting as necessary for scaling to someone isn't what durability is.
You know that's the only feat he has that is inconsistent with his other feats? Take a look at his profile again, you will see he isn't depicted as physically strong and that his Shadow Possession Jutsu is on another tier compared to his physicals.
This point just sounds incredulous. Show me the anti-feats that prove this would suddenly cause an inconsistency. You can literally just argue that he has never been hit by a 5-B character so he hasn't been able to display the extent of his durability yet. And I'm not sure what this entire depicted as physically strong thing means, are you trying to use his character as an argument for why he isn't there? Especially when his main jutsu and fighting style for the entire series has not been striking based, and has always been a long range type? I just don't see any argument here that refutes what I said. And his shadow possession being on another tier is a non point, because again you could just argue he hasn't had any reason to do any striking strength feat especially if you'll argue using how he is depicted as a character. (Also because of the fact that such things could literally end up being CRT'd here lol)

That's like the only feat he has. Got hit by one attack and knocked back. He was portrayed as being a fodder that could easily be killed by Code when he was taken hostage. That does qualify as an outlier or inconsistency.
He was portrayed as fodder to karma Code and tanked a hit from base Code. No inconsistencies here. If anything, it's pretty rare for someone's AP to be so ridiculously higher than their durability in the verse so this would make it more consistent.

Also mind you, Code literally said in the very same fight that Karma is especially dangerous because it gives you millenia of combat experience. So it's not like karma Code was just stronger but also much more experienced compared to base Code.

Really bro? That's the best you could come up with? You want to tear down the entire core of this wiki ap and dc arguments just for some guy named "shikamaru" not to get 5b durability?
Shikamaru is my favourite character, also, I literally said this in a past thread involving marvel ? I don't care about the core of the wiki ap and dc argument, if it seems weird then it's weird.

Shikamaru is my favourite character, also, I literally said this in a past thread involving marvel ? I don't care about the core of the wiki ap and dc argument, if it seems weird then it's weird.
Is this still a reason for your disagreement or do you agree now? Because I think we explained the lack of DC enough by now

You can't really argue it's an outlier when there's no inconsistency or anitfeats.

But it's definitely a weak reasoning to upgrade Shikamaru, there's literally no supporting feats.

But it's definitely a weak reasoning to upgrade Shikamaru, there's literally no supporting feats.
Is it tho? I feel like it's pretty narratively consistent. Naruto considers him strong enough to take him fight Code, his AP has at least two 5-B feats, and now he tanked an attack from a 5-B character.

He also technically tanked this kick from karma Code
IMG-20231108-122730.jpg

And while Code doesn't seem to be going all out here, he has no reason to let Shikamaru undamaged or alive so it might work as a supportive feat.

"I don't care about the core of wiki". Why on earth would you be on a wiki and choose to ignore the rules of the wiki. If you have a problem with the rules please create a thread and talk to the staff so it can be changed. Unil then don't say derailing comments like this is a thread

Not sure why we should assume by default here that Code is seriously trying to injure or kill Shikamaru as opposed to just hitting him away.

Also no reason to not kill him. Shikamaru is a valuable ally of the enemy since he's really smart and has an annoying ability that could pretty much turn the tables against Code. The most logical course of action here would be to get rid of him if he can.

Not sure why we should assume by default here that Code is seriously trying to injure or kill Shikamaru as opposed to just hitting him away.
This again is something that would need to be proven to be claimed lol, along with why him not being serious means he isn't 5B, in the same way that a non serious Saitama (for example) can have lower feats. Also, as others have mentioned Shikamaru is a threat to him and the entire operation. He literally says something about killing him shortly after realizing that Shikamaru was still conscious/alive when he used shadow possession. There is nothing to suggest he was suddenly holding back so as to not injure him at all, especially considering he literally transformed his body to perform this attack instead of using a normal punch or kick or push or whatever other attack.

Anyway so this should be changed to 5-C durability upgrade. Also I noticed his 5-C(used to be 5-B) rating disappeared off of his profile for no reason so that should also be addressed ig.
(Bump)

Anyway so this should be changed to 5-C durability upgrade. Also I noticed his 5-C(used to be 5-B) rating disappeared off of his profile for no reason so that should also be addressed ig.
(Bump)
Shadow Paralysis is now considered a combination of Paralysis hax and Lifting Strength, I believe that's why its AP rating was removed.

Back