• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shigaraki Update?

Damage3245 said:
Tomura was getting wrecked by a much weaker Re-Destro, and was having his hand crushed just by being pinched.
More evidence is needed before upgrading his stats.
No more evidence is needed here i do believe. Yes, Shigaraki got injured from direct physical interaction with Redestro. This means the Shockwave is below Re-Destroy's weaker form.

Plus, he's fought day in and day out with Giganto(Whatever his name is), which supports him getting physically stronger.

He should definitely scale from the Shockwave At Least. And using the Re-Destro hurting him as an argument against this is faulty. Re-Destro is scaling from Shigaraki in the first place.

redestro is at least city block level, given how his 80% liberation form sent a shockwave that propelled shiggy at least a couple blocks away, while destroying multiple surrounding buildings. and this was even after shiggy decayed the shockwave, implying that even a decayed shockwave from redestro is at least large building level, also implying that a non-decayed shockwave is cityblock level. the fact that shiggy tanked the concussive force of this large building level attack shows that he's got at least large building level durability, which scales to his inability to take a direct pinch from redestro, since, as said before by @TheFinalOrder, redestro's physical attack should scale above a decayed shockwave from him. tl:dr, Shiggy is at least 8B, possibly 8A or low 7C, also just to even up the eventual match up that we'll get between ofa deku and awakened shigaraki.

Therefir made a calc for 100% Re-Destro's attack on the discussion thread and its 8-A. Not sure if it's usable since nobody really evaluated it and it's not in a blog.

Explosion diameter = 339.27 m

Explosion radius = 169.635 m

W = 169.635^3*((27136*1.37895+8649)^(1/2)/13568-93/13568)^2 = 392.31 Tons of TNT (Multi-City Block level)

Change him to 8A, Shigaraki crippled redestro and destroyed a half a city, not just a neighbourhood, as some people claimed. Give my boy shiggy some recognition.

Ppl should definitely read the latest chapters several ttmes before making hasty assumptions.

Changing him to 8-A would literally be a downgrade. He already has Durability Negation for Decay.

Shigaraki going to 8-A durability instead of staying at 8-C durability is a downgrade? Isn't the only thing scaling his durability?

@Kingofwolves999; the person seemed to be suggesting upgrading their AP.

Regardless, Shigaraki shouldn't be scaling to Re-Destro's attacks; even if he took a fraction of the corporeal shockwave that he didn't destroy, we don't know how powerful that would be so any rating we give him would be a guess.

Isn't the crater at the start of chapter 240 calcable? Or is that considered an overtime feat instead of AP?

or maybe this is an fma wrath issue where the character, while being considered one of the top tier fighters in the series, can't be scaled up to the same level as the other top tier characters due to the nature of their powers.

It can't be calc, that crater comes from Shigaraki rotting away a large area. It's his decay hax, not any form of AP. It's also impossible to calc an attack that decays anyway.

It ignores durability by nature, so it can't be calc with any destruction value.

Well it will be good to know how much he can use his haxs on

There is a limit as he body was damaged by him doing that

Like how deep it is and how long it is

Spinoirr said:
Well it will be good to know how much he can use his haxs on

There is a limit as he body was damaged by him doing that

Like how deep it is and how long it is
Which is all AOE and renge

Shouldn't this be range ?

"The extent of the damage was even worse"

"The range of the damage was even worse"

No

All this means is that there was less stuff left after the incident with Shigaraki than the incident with AFO, it was still achieved with hax and doesn't scale to AP. And extent is the correct word, range is much more odd to use in this context unless you're describing things from the perspective of a vs debater, which Horikoshi isn't

Does Decay disintegrate energy? It looked like ReDestro's Stress Ball was energy based and not physical like everything else that quirk had been used on. (Cause I have no idea what else it could be. It didn't look like ReDestro threw his skin at Shigaraki.))

@ElixirBlue; Re-Destro specifically noted that he made his stress into a corporeal object, which is why Tomura was able to disintegrate it.

Oh, thank god. I thought Shigaraki was becoming too OP for this point in the story.

Hm. -_- That's what I'm hoping I'm mistaken on. But I don't see the word "energy" just "raw power".

Raw power to me sounds like pure energy rather than a corporeal force. Like a shockwave.

@Qaws; check Chapter 235. In the official translation he states that he makes his stress corporeal when he fires it at Tomura.

@Damage3245 can I see a scan of the official translation? I scan I have access to, ReDestro was describing it as "AOE" attack. AOE was use to describe Dabi's attacks earlier in the arc.

I still think Shigaraki should be Large Town level with Decay, he destroyed a town, even if it is technically a wide spread hax attack, it takes effort and energy to do this attack, it should qualify as AP, however it would only be AP and not scale to his durability or Striking Class tho, but there are plenty of characters who destroy things with hax and have that added as a special key on their profile, like with Blazblue, it would be noted that he destroyed a Large Town with his quirk on his profile, at the very least it qualifies as environmental destruction

So you think we should remove his Durability Negation?

Because currently Durability Negation > Large Town level AP.

I don't believe Decay quirk translate to AP. Mostly because Shigaraki is not using force.

Back