• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shichinin Misaki (The Zashiki Warashi of Intellectual Village) vs Yukio Hans Vorarlberna (Bleach)

I'm a little confused about Yukio's profile btw.
IIRC he's basically a human right? So the Soul Physiology is just for his soul? Or is this for some Soul Society version where he is just a soul?

Depends on whether Yukio is a human or just a soul in this.

IIRC he's basically a human right? So the Soul Physiology is just for his soul? Or is this for some Soul Society version where he is just a soul?
Yukio's Key situation is extremely confusing since nothing indicates what versions of Yukio their is.

Hell he doesn't have Keys on his profile but i would personally assume that we're using his Soul Society/CFYOW version since that would be Yukio's strongest canonical form within the series and in that form he's a soul so he would have Soul Physiology.

Yukio's Key situation is extremely confusing since nothing indicates what versions of Yukio their is.

Hell he doesn't have Keys on his profile but i would personally assume that we're using his Soul Society/CFYOW version since that would be Yukio's strongest canonical form within the series and in that form he's a soul so he would have Soul Physiology.
Alright.

So in that case the Shichinin Misaki will passively attempt to absorb him and transform the soul into some other spiritual thing that is not a soul. IIRC Yukio has no particular resistance against that kind of soul transmutation stuff that transform into a not-soul thing. (given that everything in Bleach is a soul... apparently)

So in that case the Shichinin Misaki will passively attempt to absorb him and transform the soul into some other spiritual thing that is not a soul. IIRC Yukio has no particular resistance against that kind of soul transmutation stuff that transform into a not-soul thing
True he doesn't resist something like that but idk if he'll have his soul absorbed by Shichinin in the first place given a multitude of reasons.

1 - Yukio's Soul Manipulation resistances are layered, most likely more so than Shichinin's absorption, so he should be able to resist such a thing based off that alone.

2 - Depending the range of the ability Yukio could just instantly place Shichinin in one of his pocket dimensions and either powernull her absorption ability, enact a law that causes her to die or just completely crush the dimension and destroy Shichinin's physical and spiritual body.

Basically this fight comes down to two factors - 1. the range of her absorption and 2. If Yukio can resist himself being absorbed by Shichinin.

Also important question what's the SBA range within this situation? i know it goes up to 4KM but that's about it.

True he doesn't resist something like that but idk if he'll have his soul absorbed by Shichinin in the first place given a multitude of reasons.

1 - Yukio's Soul Manipulation resistances are layered, most likely more so than Shichinin's absorption, so he should be able to resist such a thing based off that alone.

2 - Depending the range of the ability Yukio could just instantly place Shichinin in one of his pocket dimensions and either powernull her absorption ability, enact a law that causes her to die or just completely crush the dimension and destroy Shichinin's physical and spiritual body.

Basically this fight comes down to two factors - 1. the range of her absorption and 2. If Yukio can resist himself being absorbed by Shichinin.

Also important question what's the SBA range within this situation? i know it goes up to 4KM but that's about it.
Should be said that the absorption here does not require the soul to physically be pulled into the physical form of the Misaki. It just becomes part of the framework, so I don't think the soul resistance stops that.

That in general is to be kept in mind: The Misaki is neither a physical nor a spiritual being. While it has a group of physical bodies it uses as hosts, the Youkai itself is just a framework of rules. Makes it pretty hard to kill.

Anyway, range wise Yukio would have had a better time as human. The lethal effects of the Misaki's powers are only hundreds of meters, but the absorption once a meeting was established should basically work across all of Japan.

Should be said that the absorption here does not require the soul to physically be pulled into the physical form of the Misaki. It just becomes part of the framework, so I don't think the soul resistance stops that.
Can you elaborate on this? I take it that she shouldn’t be able to just forcefully manipulate or absorb his soul or sum like that due to his resistance.
That in general is to be kept in mind: The Misaki is neither a physical nor a spiritual being. While it has a group of physical bodies it uses as hosts, the Youkai itself is just a framework of rules. Makes it pretty hard to kill.
Yukio seals or BFRs in character so this shouldn’t be that much of a problem.
Anyway, range wise Yukio would have had a better time as human. The lethal effects of the Misaki's powers are only hundreds of meters, but the absorption once a meeting was established should basically work across all of Japan.
Wdym “once a meeting was established”

If the action of the framework causes Yukio's Soul body to be added to the framework i don't see the reason why Yukio's Soul Manipulation and Absorption resistances wouldn't negate that, especially since i don't believe the framework is something that's conceptual or abstract, going of her profile at least doesn't seem to indicate it is.

Wouldn't Yukio's Law Manipulation be a direct counter to such a thing? also Yukio doesn't necessarily have to kill her, he could just seal her away in one of his dimensions until the needed amount of time for an incap has passed.

Alright nice to know, but i already addressed why i personally believe he wouldn't be added to the framework above.

Can you elaborate on this? I take it that she shouldn’t be able to just forcefully manipulate or absorb his soul or sum like that due to his resistance.
If the action of the framework causes Yukio's Soul body to be added to the framework i don't see the reason why Yukio's Soul Manipulation and Absorption resistances wouldn't negate that, especially since i don't believe the framework is something that's conceptual or abstract, going of her profile at least doesn't seem to indicate it is.
The absorption Yukio resists is probably something like his soul getting pulled out of his body and into someone else, no? That's not really what happens for the Misaki. The Misaki makes you part of its framework i.e. one of the many beings trapped as restless souls under its rule.

I don't really see why that application in itself is soul manipulation in nature.

Yukio seals or BFRs in character so this shouldn’t be that much of a problem.
Wouldn't Yukio's Law Manipulation be a direct counter to such a thing? also Yukio doesn't necessarily have to kill her, he could just seal her away in one of his dimensions until the needed amount of time for an incap has passed.
I guess. Although he better e smart enough to just BFR/Seal and not get close at any point.

Wdym “once a meeting was established”
Well, once "a meeting" happened in any way or form. I mean that very much in an abstract context. The scheme the Misaki was involved in for example worked by registering the Misaki and a target online into the same hotel room so that they met purely on-paper, even if in reality they were never even remotely close to each other. So it doesn't require physical closeness.

I would suspect that the Misaki and Yukio are actively fighting each other is enough to establish that they have met.

Alright nice to know, but i already addressed why i personally believe he wouldn't be added to the framework above.
Really don't see a reason why it would stop the soul transformation that's part of being added.

The absorption Yukio resists is probably something like his soul getting pulled out of his body and into someone else, no? That's not really what happens for the Misaki. The Misaki makes you part of its framework i.e. one of the many beings trapped as restless souls under its rule.

I don't really see why that application in itself is soul manipulation in nature.
The absorption resistance also applies to the Quincy's ability to deconstruct and absorb others (On the physiology page). He not only has resistance to soul absorption, but just flat absorption. Ngl, you're being vague and you haven't given any positive reason to think her absorption hax will work on Yukio. Like, I still have no reason to thin Misaki's powers can neg Yukio's resistances to both soul manip and absorption.
I guess. Although he better e smart enough to just BFR/Seal and not get close at any point.
His powers work from KM away and he isn't a physical fighter (He's a 10-B who consistently fights tier 7s and 6's 😭), he's never gonna get close.
Well, once "a meeting" happened in any way or form. I mean that very much in an abstract context. The scheme the Misaki was involved in for example worked by registering the Misaki and a target online into the same hotel room so that they met purely on-paper, even if in reality they were never even remotely close to each other. So it doesn't require physical closeness.

I would suspect that the Misaki and Yukio are actively fighting each other is enough to establish that they have met.
  • At least tens of kilometers for the death sentence from meeting it (a meeting that was made purely on paper via a website counts), likely Hundreds of Meters for the Illness Effects to manifest (Shinobu started feeling sick long before he could see it anywhere around him, while walking through a paddy field. Meeting it was supposed to be lethal unless done from an extremely safe distance), Standard Melee Range for causing immediate death
The range section on the profile says you need to be within hundreds of meters to even get sick, and melee to instantly die (Which funnily enough implies that from KM, he isn't instantly going to die). Yukio outranges the most deadly parts of this power and simply seals or BFRs from range.
Really don't see a reason why it would stop the soul transformation that's part of being added.
🗿

Decived is just saying he doesn't think Yukio would be absorbed in the first place and this isn't really a response to that. You still haven't given any reason to think her absorption shi can bypass Yukio's resistances.

If he isn't absorbed, the soul transformation is worthless.

Until that shi is cleared up, I'm casting my vote for Yukio via sealing and BFRing before being killed by her death hax and resisting her passive absorption. His law hax also counters her physiology (as conceded), so he could conceivably create a law that says "die" and have Misaki drop dead once she is BFR'd.

Last edited:
The absorption resistance also applies to the Quincy's ability to deconstruct and absorb others (On the physiology page). He not only has resistance to soul absorption, but just flat absorption. Ngl, you're being vague and you haven't given any positive reason to think her absorption hax will work on Yukio. Like, I still have no reason to thin Misaki's powers can neg Yukio's resistances to both soul manip and absorption.
It's not really absorbing matter either. Like, the Misaki is a Youkai that exists as the framework of rules that binds its victims to be part of it. It's physical manifestation is purely its victims and said group of victims doesn't have to be together or anything. The absorption comes in the form of becoming part of that framework of rules and hence having your behaviour determined by those rules.

Hope that explanation makes sense.

His powers work from KM away and he isn't a physical fighter (He's a 10-B who consistently fights tier 7s and 6's 😭), he's never gonna get close.
Yeah, but Misaki's passives have higher range in this case, so he doesn't get that far.

And, honestly, he's a ranged fighter but I don't recall him being a sniper that locates and attacks people from kilometers away. Pretty sure when he pulled people into his pocket dimension he was usually like a few meters away not a few kilometers.

• At least tens of kilometers for the death sentence from meeting it (a meeting that was made purely on paper via a website counts), likely Hundreds of Meters for the Illness Effects to manifest (Shinobu started feeling sick long before he could see it anywhere around him, while walking through a paddy field. Meeting it was supposed to be lethal unless done from an extremely safe distance), Standard Melee Range for causing immediate death
The range section on the profile says you need to be within hundreds of meters to even get sick, and melee to instantly die (Which funnily enough implies that from KM, he isn't instantly going to die). Yukio outranges the most deadly parts of this power and simply seals or BFRs from range.
Problem is that Yukio is already dead (being a soul entity) meaning that the part of killing him already happened. With that only the part where the dead become part of the Misaki happens. And, well, that's part of the inevitable curse.

Decived is just saying he doesn't think Yukio would be absorbed in the first place and this isn't really a response to that. You still haven't given any reason to think her absorption shi can bypass Yukio's resistances.

If he isn't absorbed, the soul transformation is worthless.

Until that shi is cleared up, I'm casting my vote for Yukio via sealing and BFRing before being killed by her death hax and resisting her passive absorption. His law hax also counters her physiology (as conceded), so he could conceivably create a law that says "die" and have Misaki drop dead once she is BFR'd.
You assume the soul transformation can only happen after the absorption. That's not stated. It's a separate effect.

What you're arguing is like saying: Reiatsu crush can destroy objects and destroy souls. So a character with resistance to the object destruction resists the technique so the technique would never attack the soul in the first place. Kinda makes no sense, because it's separate effects, no?

Back