• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Colonel_Krukov

🖖 Live long and prosper
He/Him
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Image Helper
Sherlock Holmes (BBC Incarnation) vs The Joker (DC Extended Universe)

• Round 1: Standard Battle Assumptions
  • Round 2: Battle takes place in London (One week of prep time each)
  • Round 3: Battle takes place in Gotham (One week of prep time each)

Sherlock Holmes: 2 (Cropfist,Follow Doctor Freeman)

The Joker: 7 (Paolo A. Lambre`, 123chaseyoung, Reppuzan, Godzilladude123, God-King Superman77,LoyalservantofInti,Xanxussama1010)

Inconclusive: 0

Kkapoios said:
Is this hand to hand combat or a form of intelligence battle?
Straight up fight with standard equipment

i go with joker in either scenario,

equipment wise the joker is winning due to ruthlessness,

and h2h wise he sisnt show much but i guess he is better than sherlock (if this was sherlock with robert downey jr than he takes it mid-diff in h2h)

Would composite Sherlock be a more balanced fight?

^if you include sherlock from the movies than in h2h sherlock wins fairly easily,

in terms of equipment i dont remember any of his versions having anything notable :/

Yeah, he usually only has a Pistol, and some lock picking tools really.

His mind is his greatest weapon tbh. Being able to think his way out of situations incredibly quickly is what he's known for.

I think that Sherlock would dominate Joker in hand to hand. Joker hasn't really shown any feats of grand cqc feats but Sherlock is a martial artists capable of taking more than one person down.

But h2h is just a small pint to this battle. What makes the Joker dangerous here is his arsenals of weaponry. That guy is rich and resourceful enough to get himself a military attack helicopter. He manage to equip his goons with weapons that were enough to take on Belle Reve (which is owned by the government). So for me if this ends on a gunfight, Sherlock and his pistol will have a hard time getting past Joker's golden AK-47, flashbangs and knives.

Though one can argue that Sherlock's brain can help make up for what he lacks in weaponry, he's still gonna have a hard time assessing and countering Joker's unpredictable and volatile personality.

Maybe, but don't forget that he defeated Moriarty who's pretty similar to the Joker (In that he's an insane criminal mastermind).

It's inconclusive whether Sherlock defeated Moriarty or not. Their battle during the epsiode The Great Game ended in a stalemate with the two backing out. In the episode the Final Problem, it was Moriarty who manipulated and defeated Holmes by ruining his reputation and forced him to kill himself (Holmes himself agreed that he was checkmated).

Although Sherlock faked his own death, it seems that Moriarty may have done so too.

True, although I think that Moriarty did die, as it's tough to come back from the dead after shooting yourself in the head. (If you watched the Abominable Bride, you would know how he could've "survived")

Although he didn't defeat Moriarty, for me he was still smart enough to go toe-to-toe with him. And it wasn't just Moriarty he was up against, Sherlock's fought a wide range of devious foes before in the show.

Too bad I can't say the same for Joker. He may have battled Batman in a game of wits before (just an assumption off course). We can also probably count Joker's feat of tracking and cornering Amanda Walker (who's quite devious and resourceful herself), but besdies them who else has Joker faced up against in a intellectual battle? So in terms of feats, Sherlock has an edge in defeating more quantity of cunning foes than Joker.

Yeah, and he spent 2 years dismantling Moriarty's criminal network while he was presumed dead.

Wasn't Sherlock also able to break all off of Moriarity's connections/network afterwards? That has to account for something.

And somehow Sherlock survived, I wouldn't be shocked if somehow Moriarity managed to survive, even if I'm skeptical on it.

Moriarty made plans for Sherlock because he knew that if he was alive, Sherlock might be able to work out the cancellation code to stop the assassins killing his loved ones.

This forced Moriarty to kill himself so Sherlock had no choice but to do the same thing. In the event that Sherlock was able to survive, Moriarty made plans so that he could further toy with Sherlock in the future.

Not sure if this matters in this fight, but Sherlock is pretty good at disguises and blending in.

So just to clarify, who is everyone voting for?

Voting Joker for superior overall combat feats and planning ability.

For reference, when he finally got serious and wanted to kill Batman in Endgame, he incapacitated the Justice League and took over Gotham in a matter of days. He also easily incapacitated Nightwing (who was dressed as Batman) in hand-to-hand combat and converted the likes of Clayface into a minion of his with a special brand of Joker Toxin.

He also managed to fool Batman for months with a false name, makeup, and muscle relaxant.

Reppuzan said:
Voting Joker for superior overall combat feats and planning ability.
For reference, when he finally got serious and wanted to kill Batman in Endgame, he incapacitated the Justice League and took over Gotham in a matter of days. He also easily incapacitated Nightwing (who was dressed as Batman) in hand-to-hand combat and converted the likes of Clayface into a minion of his with a special brand of Joker Toxin.

He also managed to fool Batman for months with a false name, makeup, and muscle relaxant.

I think those feats are comics only. Colonel is using Joker from the DC Extended Universe.

I also vote for Joker for his resourcefulness and weapons in combat.

Ah, okay then.

I don't know anything about BBC Sherlock, but I still think that Joker will come out on top due to generally succeeding in most of his plans.

Reppuzan said:
Ah, okay then.

I don't know anything about BBC Sherlock
There's a few videos on Sherlock's profile detailing his feats. The BBC ones are under the last two bullet points.

Yeah well to be honest it's the only info we got. It's just an assumption but it is plausible since the old Joker Meets Harley Quin story hasn't differ much from media to media. It all start with Batman always capturing the Joker, him meeting Harley and the two escaping. Different versions but still the same plotline.

Back