• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shark pup fights an amphibian (0-0-0)

Doing this in the middle of the tournament because I just want to see if this can actually be done, and I wanted to do the match for a long time
Gill-man (Monster Squad) vs Baby Shark
Rules:
  • Battle takes place on the seas of a beach
  • Both are willing to kill, but Baby Shark is bloodlusted (mostly as Gill-man is naturally more aggressive)
  • Battle to death or incapacitation
  • SBA for everything else
Both are 9-C
Murderous shark:
Baby shark:

Last edited:
From what I can tell, Baby Shark broke three boards, and going off what he did, the boards were just split in half. Splitting a board in half requires 500 newtons of force at best for one (https://daily.jstor.org/the-physics-of-karate/ ), Assuming 152.4 joules (applying the force over a foot), this equates to 457.2 joules (one of the four boards remained completely intact).

Gill-man scales from Wolfman, who is able to overpower multiple policemen and can slam a phone booth door off its hinges. While I'm pretty sure a phone booth door is different from a residential door, just breaking a residential door off its hinges is worth 2980-3190 joules: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/References_for_Common_Feats

That's not mentioning Gill-man's other advantages such as camouflage and the ability to see in the dark. Although being fair, Baby Shark should be capable of electro-reception because... Well, duh! He's a shark. Also, Gill-man can actually grab Baby Shark, which given his significant lifting strength advantage, Baby Shark wouldn't be able to get out of.

If anything, I think Gill-man stomps.

From what I can tell, Baby Shark broke three boards, and going off what he did, the boards were just split in half. Splitting a board in half requires 500 newtons of force at best for one (https://daily.jstor.org/the-physics-of-karate/ ), Assuming 152.4 joules (applying the force over a foot), this equates to 457.2 joules (one of the four boards remained completely intact).

Gill-man scales from Wolfman, who is able to overpower multiple policemen and can slam a phone booth door off its hinges. While I'm pretty sure a phone booth door is different from a residential door, just breaking a residential door off its hinges is worth 2980-3190 joules: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/References_for_Common_Feats

That's not mentioning Gill-man's other advantages such as camouflage and the ability to see in the dark. Although being fair, Baby Shark should be capable of electro-reception because... Well, duh! He's a shark. Also, Gill-man can actually grab Baby Shark, which given his significant lifting strength advantage, Baby Shark wouldn't be able to get out of.

If anything, I think Gill-man stomps.
I just want to say that, if Baby Shark actually scales to Blacktip Reef Shark, the AP gap is going to be much smaller, also, the shark also has a range advantage, which could help him.
Also, you should post the Baby Shark calculation, as it isn't on the profile.
There's also this problem on the shark's profile:
To reiterate, these are only basic guidelines and should not be treated as a replacement for proper explanations, sources, and justifications. Please avoid generic terms such as "high" or "very high" and so on, as well.
Stamina: High (Is very active every day, and can hunt with his family)

I just want to say that, if Baby Shark actually scales to Blacktip Reef Shark, the AP gap is going to be much smaller, also, the shark also has a range advantage, which could help him.
Also, you should post the Baby Shark calculation, as it isn't on the profile.
There's also this problem on the shark's profile:
I don't think being what is essentially the equivalent of a human toddler qualifies as "High" stamina. If anything, the page needs a terminology fix.

Given how Baby Shark compares to a real reeftip shark (though the profile only lists the KE rating, plus you really shouldn't given their respective sizes), the board-breaking calc (which, by the way, really doesn't need a blog from how pathetic it is) is more accurate of an AP rating than the reeftip shark's KE.

Back