• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shao Kahn revision?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePerpetual

VS Battles
Retired
So currently, Shao Kah, while unrestricted, is labeled as "Large Planet level": the reason for this being the case is that he had merged to seperate realms together.

If we're to assume that these were both Earth-sized? That's still a Planet level feat. 2 times Planet still doesn't reach Large Planet level territory, the minimum of Large Planet is like, Saturn or something like that. Shouldn't he (and by extent Raiden) be downgraded slightly to Planet level?

Also, how does he have Low-Godly regen? Can't really disprove it, but I most certainly don't remember him having that, so a bit of citation would be nice.

I'm not really understanding shao kahn's rating here, either. The page says-

"and is roughly comparable to Raide also MK3 begins with him stripping the Earth of all souls barring Cyrax [who doesn't have one] and Raiden's chosen few, in his fight against Raiden (they shook the Earth down its core and it was calculated here)"

and that blog calc says-

"
that means like… Large Country Level+ or Small Continent Level in the waves, but 6.324e28 joules (Total seismic moment energy). That is 15.11 exatons worth of TNT, so continent level" Either the tier doesn't fit this feat or this feat is too weak to help support large planetary.

Der Purple Ist Dank said:
@Battlemania, Well judging from the new tier 6 revision that's now High 6-A: Large or Multi Continent level
Well, I mean, that's still something that should kick him down from large planetary.

Yea, this is pretty out there.

The calc itself is flawed in that earthquakes don't work like that, even in the essentially jury-rigged method we have developed to calculate them. Shaking the core isn't really a huge feat, it only becomes that when you shake it significantly and even then we would not know what to quantify the initial magnitude as.

To make it clearer, we currently calculate earthquakes by finding some starting magnitude based on surface damage and applying it with distance to find impact magnitude, thus allowing us to derive wave energy with that final impact magnitude. But because this isn't an impact and we don't know what type of "damage" there was to the core, this is sort of broken.

Furthermore, because it is a depth issue, this could certainly just qualify as a deep quake which has a whole other set of implications. As such, I think we should just change it to unknow for now.

I like the idea of unknown, Ala, but to what degree should we leave him to? Like " Unknown, Likely High 6-A " Or just straight up unknown?

@Alakabamm What do you think of rating him as 5-B for merging two planets together?

Merging two realms together is sort of contextual and I am not familiar with the series so I cannot say. It can just be a sort of dimensional hax or it can legitimately be power.

For right now, I would advocate just "Unknown" because that calc isn't sufficient proof for the rating.

I think Battles's idea is okay to go by but if it's too uncertain, then perhaps Alaka's will have to be used then.

So, does anybody wish to change the page?

So I remove everything in AP for unrestricted and just put "Unknown. Planetary via Hax (in his road to conquest he's merged entire realms together )" since that seems like the one we're keeping, correct?

Yeah? I mean it did say stuff like Shao Khan having to do a cheap trick to just beat the guy and Shinnok's might be the same as Shao Khan in a way going by his AP description.

I do not know. Are they scaled from Shao Kahn, or do they have other feats?

Shinnok has his own feats (which is a story, apparently), while Onaga is scaled to that due to Shao Kahn being able to use cheap tricks (poision IIRC) to kill him.

So, is that a yes or no, Ant? I myself am not a full fledged mortal Kombat. They stay or they go down with the downgrade as well?

I do not know. I am not informed enough to say either way. It may be best to wait for more input.

But isn't Shao Kahn only 5-B by Hax? He couldn't have merged all of the realms without Blaze.

I do not know. It depends on whether or not he can exert that degree of force in combat.

He has not shown any feats on his page, thus why he is unknown on almost all margins. That's why he was power-scaled to shao kahn, which is about the only thing we can do, unless you have a feat you'd like to share to help fix it.

I think that should be scalable as regular 5-B, yes.

Is unrestricted Shao Kahn scalable from Raiden and Blaze being able to destroy the realms/planets?

Well, the size of Earthrealm should be that of our own planet.

Also, in that case, Shao Kahn should probably be changed to regular 5-B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back