• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shantae's Speed Rating

This one will be quick. I just think everyone in Shantae as of now should be massively hypersonic without the subsonic part. It makes no sense that their subsonic rating is via dodging cannonballs and gunfire when their MH rating is from dodging lighting. So yeah, I think their speed in general should be only MH. Shantae can dodge and outrun the lighting from Giga Mermaid, which can apply for her reaction speed and I guess travel speed. And can fight other characters who have also dodged her lighting. Which applies to her combat speed as well.

This applies to everyone who has a profile as of now since they all scale to each other and fought the same enemies.

Well the lighting either comes out from the jewel on her head or it comes from the sky. So I think it should be.

Do you have a clip of it? Because if its just from a jewel on her head i dont think we can consider that MHS

I am aware the source is the jewel. Though it is a possibility that they be shooting from clouds since there are clouds in the background, and the lightning shown from when she shoots it from her jewel shows it needs a source to be shot from and is not just a beam on its own. Additionally, Shantae herself can use lighting. She can shoot it from herself or create mini-clouds that shoot it.

Yeah, do not look like lightning at all, the color and shape are different and they are more projectile-like attacks (for instance, lightnings aren't projectiles). Is perfectly factible that they could be summon right above the screen, and not from a cloud.

Magic electricity is a no without any kind of statement, it do not even came from the sky, Shantae shot it from her.

Though they do come from clouds that she creates. The description states, "Summon a CLOUD to strike LIGHTNING on your foes! Consumes MAGIC."

The lightning from the jewel is obviously not, but the description that mentions them coming form the clouds is could make it legit if there's a scan for that.

If it comes from a cloud, I think that's enough evidence; however, it's preferable to calc the speed she moves in comparison to how fast the lightning moves. Like the pixels per second.

Im like 99% sure we removed Undertale's MHS ratings because the cloud wasnt realistic enough, pretty sure this would fall under the same reasoning if true

@Weekly To be fair, Mario (calc was accepted) used to be rated at MH for being able to react to lightning made from Lakitu. Same concept, small cloud with a face yet it counts.

Why so? Calc was accepted, not sure why this is any different.

Also, I may be able to provide scans of Shantae's electricity (both from her cloud and herself) and see if the speed of the lightning can be calced, along with maybe another one I found, since they're shot very quickly.

For the first time ever I actually agree with weekly

On a serious note, Im not comfortable with small clouds with face's counting for "Real lightning" If mario is honestly using such a feat it should be removed (though Im pretty sure his current rating is unrelated to that feat). Why should we count tiny clouds shooting lightning as realistic enough to scale to real lightning.

Okay im sorry but im going to be really honest here, it seriously hurts that people feel genuinely shocked when they agree with anything i have to say.

I crossed it out for a reason...Sorry, I didn't mean for it to be taken as a serious comment. I won't lie some of your previous claims have seemed dubious to me at times but that's just a difference of opinions on certain things. I apologize that my comment came across as more hurtful then I intended.

Its not just you, a lot of people say things along the same lines as that only saying it seriously and it just really rubs me the wrong way...

@The Pen, Mario already scales from a bunch of far superior feats so that's really off topic. The feat wasn't really being used to begin with. That being said, I really don't think graphic limitations or verses being cartoony in nature; people have push for 9-A Kirby downgrades for similar reasons. Though, they are right that the jewel on her head is not real lightning, but neutral on the mini cloud with a face example. But if it's stated to be a storm cloud in the guide books, that can hold weight.

The pen or the sword said:
For the first time ever I actually agree with weeklyOn a serious note, Im not comfortable with small clouds with face's counting for "Real lightning" If mario is honestly using such a feat it should be removed (though Im pretty sure his current rating is unrelated to that feat). Why should we count tiny clouds shooting lightning as realistic enough to scale to real lightning.
....Literally mentioned the fact Mario scales to better feats in my comment

Except graphics limitations don't require the lighting to come from tiny clouds, the lightning coming from off screen would be far more realistic. Saying that if the guide books describe them as real clouds that would add weight to the argument for them being scalable to real lighting but Id need to see scans from the guidebook for that to be relevant here.

The lighytning is actually shown to come from a gem on her head and then the same lightning comes from off-screen, its purple as well

So its purple and comes from a gem in her head, why are we scaling this to real lightning? Undertale already lost its rating due to unrealistic clouds ect. How is this different

As I've said before, alternatively, we can have some feats calced of the for Shantae's lightning and other things that are similar in speed.

Back