• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shantae vs Shovel Knight

Tbh

shantae has also reacted to Cannonballs as well as been able to reflect them, its not stated on the page though

And reacting to Cannonballs seems to be Shovel knights only speed feat

Going with Shovel Knight, his items are better and he fought people that are as strong if not stronger than Shantae's foes

I mean, he even dodged meteors in a fight, he is way faster.

Great & Lovable Peridot said:
Tbh
shantae has also reacted to Cannonballs as well as been able to reflect them, its not stated on the page though

Kratooooooos.

Kraaaatoooos.

Mikoto Misaka231 said:
Tbh

Kratooooooos.

Kraaaatoooos.
Was that canon...
According to Yacth Club Games? Yeah.

Mikoto Misaka231 said:
Tbh

Kratooooooos.

Kraaaatoooos.
Was that canon...

Kinda? I think the Shovel Knights devs said it was canon but the GoW devs haven't, so it's in a werid void. That said, even if it was canon, would the feats be considered outliers?

Anyway, I'm going with Shovel Knight, his gear seems better.

From experience before these pages were made:

Shovel Knight outspeeds Shantae, has more experience, has better reactions (ie: reacting to missiles fired from the Tinker Tank, which I'm surprised no one has mentioned), has a somewhat better arsenal if allowed two trouple chalices.

Shantae may hold durability, but they are both equal in strength.

So Shovel Knight wins via experience, speed, intelligence, and arsenal.

I'd say Shantae, she has vanishing cream, higher AP and durability and Superhuman stamina, and Shovel Knight is only POSSIBLY Supersonic.

PLus she can heal herself with a dance, granted it costs gems but Id say thats just a game mechanic, as it not costing gems would be horribly broken.

Given her mega pike balls, her monster/super monster milk that can typically DOUBLE her attack strength her transforamtions and Risky's gear...she's got a TON of versatility.

I meant I'm starting the score count from the OP's post

"Kk

To make it fair I'm changing the things

Were using Regular Shovel Knight, not GoW Shovel Knight, so his Kratos feats are out"

The new settings should be on the initial post.

I'd like to bump this as Shantae has stronger AP and Durabilty has a bunch of equipment to deal with SK's own equipment and via harpy form can fly. Plus she is seen to have higher stamina.

Plus no on has yet to explain what the *** is GoW feats ACTUALLY are?! I'm a little miffed that its yet to be specified.

@Darkanine...going by this then Shantae has it. the only thing Shovel Knight has is higher speed and more experience.

SPOILER ALERT: The following message contains information about Shantae: Half Genie Hero. If you have intention of playing the game, please read under your own risk.

Well, as Half Genie Heroe has been recently released, I think this goes for Shantae. She has better equipment (a magic tiara that grants her infinite magic, a belt that halves his damage intake etc), new magic spells (a single fireball, triple fireballs and a flamethrower, a storm cloud, an electric orb and a lightning, a pike ball, super pike ball and many orbital scimitars, a bubble shield that blocks projectiles, a bubble shield that returns projectiles with more strenght and a bubble shield that renders her invulnerable without preventing her to attack or move, etc), far more health, can instantly recover from flinching, an useful dodging move, a faster, more ranged spammable hair whip, a whole lot of transformations (monkey, elephant, bat, mermaid, harpy, arachne, crab, dryad), a recover dance that restores all her health, a dance thay spontaniously damages all enemies at screen, and finally can carry a lot more healing items than Shovel Knight can.

Also, as for feats, she previously demonstrated that she can avoid meteor-like cannonballs from the sky, freaking lazors, magic pistol bullets at point blank ( range ( both normal size and cannonball size). She damaged enough the Pirate Master at approximately half his strenght with Risky's equipment while being fully human, then procceded to greatly damage him at his full power while her only having her whip attack, THEN curb-stomping him with her genie part restored, and then utterly destroying him once and for all with Risky's help firing a couple of cannon balls from far away (she had to keep attacking him in order to prevent him from avoiding the cannon balls). Worth noticing that when she recovered her half genie powers, her whip, that previously did 8 damage point at base, now did 999 damage points. In Half Genie Hero, she can easily dispose of Risky Boots twice, fight and defeat Hypno Baron and Squid Baron at the same time while they team up, defeat Ammo Baron with his whole army and destroy a powerful, seemingly sentinent magic warping dynamo and four mentally controlled genies at the same timem For everythin above stated, I can only give my point to Shantae

Yeah with Half Genir Hero and all the upgrades and stuff Shantae can get, I'd said she's better than Shovel Knight now.

Back