• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shantae tries to solos the entire Coward Trio (Grace Period)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing the defeat of his two friends, Usopp tries to run away from Shantae, but his pride does not allow him to do it, and even though unwilling, Usopp faces Shantae with all his courage to avenge them.

• Speed is Equalized
  • Battle takes place at Sabaody Archipelago. The initial distance is 15 meters.
  • Both at Low 7-B (Usopp at Wano Arc)
Usopp:

Shantae: 8 (ApiesDeathbyLazors, Velox, AquaWaifu, Joaco, The Calaca, DatOneWeeb, Ionliosite, Strawboi)

Inconclusive:

Personaje-3-main
ShantaeSSBV Update

Usopp is a projectile user and due to Shantae's Attack Reflection, it would just reflect all of them back to Usopp… so there's that

I mean, putting a guy who only use projectiles attacks against a gal who can reflect them back at him, I don't need to explain what the result would be

I mean, Usopp is not dumb enough to fire a AoE projectile at her after realizing that she can reflect it.

I mean he could just fire it NEAR her and not neccesarily at her so it doesntj hit her mirror shield or bubble. like hit the ground or something near her. that it goes off close enough to effect her.

I'd think he would going off this battle as him alreay aware of Shantae's abilities with her fight against Nami and how she reflects al projectiles with her magic bubbles.

Yeah,

• Usopp observed the other fights
  • Shantae has no resistance
  • and none of her defences block gasses
Even assuming he didn't see the other fights it wouldn't take very long for a smart fighter to figure it out.

Uh, so Usopp has prior knowledge? That should settle this. Usopp would exploit a weak spot if he sees the opportunity (see Usopp vs Caesar). If he finds the opportunity to run away, he outranges.

Yeah, Usopp has some knowledge about her powers since he see the others fights.

Hmm how likely is shantae to be in the air with the cannon, the pirate's hat, an her harpy form?

Usopp's sleeping gas attack only works if it can hit something hear Shantae if she has any of her three shields up. If she was in the air, he couldn't really use that then. I'd feel she might transform to dodge Usopp's projecitles and take to the air as it'd be easier to evade. Even if its not hitting or even if she notices he isnt aiming directly at her, I doubt she'd let one hit near her even.

Wouldn't Shantae be aware to stay away from the gas? She could always just fly above it and attack from there.

This is assuming Usopp fires it far enough ahead of her for Shantae to react. If he's any good with whatever his weapon is, he could fire it ahead of her at such a point that she hits it as soon as it explodes.

Why can't Shantae just...dodge and get out of the way? She's reacted to things like rockets being launched which looks similar to what Usopp has. She can also always just walk in front of the shot to reflect it. It will be closed since he needs to shoot close to her on ground for it to blow next to her. Shooting it farther away from her will only give her more time to dodge it.

Again, a compitent archer(?) would know how to lead his shots so that the target gets hit with the sleeping gas. Also, most of Usopp's projectiles seem to better suited to this fight then I thought as most all of them seem to involve him firing it towards the ground and then growing some kinda plant to attack or ensnare his opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back