• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shantae: 1/2 Bear'n'Bird.

Shantae has defeated Risky once again and was walking around Scuttle Town using one of her transformations, when suddenly, she sees a bear walking out of an portal really confused.

Banjo:Where are we? we were fighting Grunty a second ago.
Shantae turns back to normal and then goes to check on him.
Shantae:Hey, are you oka-
Without even being able to finish her sentence, Shantae gets hit with one flaming egg.
Shantae:Hey, what the heck was that for?
Banjo:Calm down, Kazooie, she could be one of the good guys!
Kazooie:C'mon Banjo, we were about to fight the old hag and then we end up here right after she hits us, i bet this purple-haired midget works for her.
Shantae:Hey, WHO are you calling midget?
Banjo:Welp, here we go again...

Shantae vs Banjo & Kazooie

Banjo's vehicles are restricted and speed is equalized.

B-K:1 Shantae:2 Inco:0

Smoll genie
Oh? You're approaching me? Instead of running away, you're coming right to me?

BanJOJO
We can't beat the crap out of you without getting closer.

How wide is the gap? Well I guess I'll vote regardless. I'm gonna go with Shantae. She has the advantage in ap (not sure by how much). With bubble she can also reflect any projectile that will be thrown by them. She can also use teleportation against them so well. Mid Regenerationn can be negated with her Spider-Dance as she is also to use spit poison. Her explosion dance should do the trick as well. Any damage she can just go back to full health with Super Revive Dance. So yeah, I vote Shantae.

The gap is 1,9x. All the eggs except for golden and regular eggs do about 2x-3x more damage on Grunty. They could use wonder wings, shack pack and flying to avoid poisoning and their own attacks. (They could also fight Grunty while surrounded by mustard gas and cyanide, but it costs oxygen though.) While i agree that teleportation could be a pain, Banjo has fought an enemy that can teleport to make surprise attacks before (Mingy Jongo) so he has some experience in that regard. The explosion dance could maybe be countered with invulnerability or flying too. Banjo has passive and active healing.

Shantae is > 14 tons, the gap is barely 2x, if that. Grenade eggs close the gap offensively, and wonderwing + passive regen + passive healing more than close the gap defensively.

Banjo and Kazooie have come across and dealt with Shantae's entire arsenal one way or the other, except for attack reflection ig. Invisibility could still be a problem too. But Shantae doesn't seem to have a defence for being frozen with ice eggs, or restrained with TK from the magic wrench.

Even if Banjo and Kazooie are able to dodge their own projectIles, this would mean they have to fight Shantae physically. The eggs can probably close the gap, but again it is useless in the end since bubble can easily reflect these projectiles. (Shantae should have statistic amplification via monster milk and twin mints yet they aren't on her profile.) For his invulnerability, is it an item and is it limited? Because Shantae can always just use the explosion dance again if the first hit doesn't do anything. Shantae has invulnerability as well via Invincibubble. So, how limited is his passive healing? Can he use it as much as he wants to, or is it limited? Shantae can just, again reflect the eggs since I assume they're projectiles. Shantae herself can go back to full health. While it isn't passive, she's been able to use her dancing abilities during combat several times. Not sure how the magic wrench works.

Basically, it seems like most of Banjo and Kazooie's wins are via projectiles which Shantae can just reflect or absorb via bubble. Most of what Banjo and Kazooie has, Shantae either has herself or has fought against.

Shantae's profile says that her bubbles have limited time, so it's only a matter of the fight being prolonged long enough until the bubbles wear off, and even then, are the bubbles immune to all the bosses projectiles in the games? Also the grenade eggs can make explosions if they hit the ground or get too far, so that could help. Her profile also says that she's quite naive so one attack with the clockwork eggs could be able to fool her (It shoots an egg that cracks in the ground and makes a tiny kazooie that can hide in tight spots and make surprise attacks.) The invulnerability is limited but he can turn on and off when he wants, if Shantae keeps doing the explosion dance, Banjo could just run at her while using the wonder wings and damage her. The passive healing heals him over time and lasts forever, but can be overcomed if the enemy finishes Banjo quickly. Banjo can also use the beak bomb, this is a flying attack where Kazooie does great damage to the enemy using her beak at top speed. The magic wrench is an object made by L.O.G that Kazooie can use to attack, summon vehicles and lift huge items with TK, it can lift big rocks and vehicles so that should be able to restrain Shantae.

Shantae's bubbles are limited if the item is being used yes, however she can summon one on her own. While this does drain magic, the magic tiara in Half-Genie Hero allows her to never run out of magic. So she won't have to worry about losing it. Yes, the bubble is effective against all enemies, including every boss. The explosion could be an issue however Shantae with the bikini armor reduces damage by half so that can most likely make it not as effective and invincible bubble still gives her invulnerability which she can turn off at will. It is limited, but as stated before, the magical tiara doesn't let her run out of magic. Shantae may be naive but it's not as bad as you think. I don't often see her naive in combat. Regardless, she may have a way to counter the clockwork egg as Shantae was able to sense Risky Boots and the Tinkerslug before they had arrived. So she might be able to sense the tiny Kazooie. Shantae is most likely going to hit Banjo and Kazooie in the first attempt at the Super Explosion Dance since I doubt he's going to know she's about to use an explosion attack. I doubt Shantae will keep attempting the dance after it stops working. Besides, it only takes her about a second for the dance especially with Metronome which increases her dancing speed. Okay, Shantae has fought people such as Squid Baron who heals himself in battle as well, so I think Shantae will be able to damage them before they fully heal. Shantae might be able to dodge beak bomb via teleportation. While Banjo has fought Mingy who has it as well, Banjomonly attacks when is laughing and standing still, meaning he only attacks him while he's vulnerable. I'm going to assume the magic wrench scales to their lifting strength which is superhuman. Shantae should he able to just turn an elephant which gives her class 5 strength. She can also potentially teleport out of it.

I see, but she would have a problem chasing them in the air while they spam eggs at the ground, Kazooie can fly to really high areas fairly quick and Banjo can use this on his favor to hide and recover to continue the fight, since speed is equalized, the ap isn't stomp worthy and Banjo takes about 5 seconds to fully heal himself so I think the battle isn't going to end very quickly.

It's true that Shantae has better senses with her ninja costume, but take into account that Risky's slug is gigantic compared to the tiny Kazooie that the minions never notice, she could just quickly throw clockwork eggs around Shantae and explode them, but i agree that it isn't impossible for her to react to them.

Now their best bet is TK, considering that Kazooie used her TK really often in Nuts & Bolts.(Since it's one of the main gimmicks) i don't doubt that at one moment during the fight she would be able to restrain Shantae, she wouldn't be able to transform while restrained and the teleportation could be contered with battery eggs or ice eggs, once Shantae is frozen they could spam attacks at her. Kazooie has a generous stock of ice eggs so they could try it more than once until the fight is over.

Shantae herself can fly as well. So I doubt they can just fly and recover while Shantae is still chasing them. Shantae has ways of boosting her stats and other attacks to deal major damage. The fight definitely won't end quickly, but Shantae should eventually get finish this as this isn't her first time fighting someone who heals.

While it is the true the Tinkerslug is massive, keep in mind it was at a fairly far distance and you couldn't even hear it until it was close. I feel dumb for not mentioning this before, but if enemies get to close to Shantae, she's able to use Pike Ball and summon Scimitars around Shantae which damage you when getting close. This basically means that they will have trouble hitting Shantae up close and this also gives trouble for Banjo & Kazooie to fight up close.

Let's say Shantae was restraint. This wouldn't remove her bubble, nor Super Pike Ball so they can't use projectiles nor damage her up close. Shantae is eventually going to teleport away and go back to fighting.

Oh, i see. If that's the case then i could agree that she has indeed more wincons than Banjo and Kazooie. Good job bringing that up!

Shantae is 14 tons TNT by having similar AP output to this.

Banjo & Kazooie is 7.1553129909 tons TNT by defeating Gruntilda who tanked this.

Shantae by greater AP advantage and RA.

Banjo & Kazooie are > 7.2 tons, seeing as Gruntilda took the 7.2 ton feat relatively unharmed, the AP gap is less than 2x. With grenade eggs, this more than covers the AP gap. Furthermore, ice eggs which freeze the opponent, fire eggs which burn the opponent and TK don't really care much about the AP gap. Btw Class 5 or Class 10 lifting strength likely isn't enough to break out of the TK restraint seeing as it can pretty easily pick up aircraft. In terms of skill, Banjo & Kazooie are fairly experienced adventurers and combatants who treat the ancient 2000 years+ god Targitzan, who's sole purpose is to defeat anyone who comes into his temple, as a joke.

Would Shantae be able to set up her bubble shield or super pike ball while being restrained?

Another thing to consider is that Shantae has her bikini armor, which takes damage and halves it. Regardless, Shantae's bubble will basically negate any of the projectiles they throw. Super Pike Ball will be a nope for physical combat. And with the magical tiara, she won't have to worry about running out of magic. Again, she can always teleport away from the grip. Shantae herself is experienced. She's been on several adventures and locations and has fought several dangerous foes, including herself. She's even kept up and defeated the Pirate Master who took all of the gurdian genies together to defeat.

Yes, Shantae can make the bubble and super pike ball appear whenever she wants to without moving.

Those experience feats don't really compare to Banjo and Kazooie's. She's fighting two more experienced fighters who both have very solid ways of healing and defending themselves while Shantae has to make sure her bubble is up 24/7, otherwise she'd be bombarded by projectiles. TK is a massive problem for Shantae seeing as she is already outranked and that Kazooie can continue to bombard Shantae with AoE attacks while she is restrained, and her being restrained means she can't teleport away or transform as these require dances afaik.

Pike balls don't nope CQC, they help but B&K can get around them.

Regardless, she's fought others more experienced then herself and won. So I think it's safe to say Shantae is fairly experienced and knows how to fight. Shantae, again has healing as well. She can fully recover via Super Revive Dance which only takes around a second. And Shantae can keep it up 24/7. There's no reason why she would remove it. I've already said multiple times that regardless if she's restraint, this won't remove her bubble nor pike ball. So they can't do anything regardless. She's going to eventually teleport which doesn't require her to dance.

How would it not? You have several pike balls or scimitars that surround Shantae and spin around really fast.

Because we need more approval on the CRT. Namely, Starter Pack said that they'd check it out when they have the time.

I've seen it before. I could potentially get Shantae at that level. If I post the calc again. There was also a feat of Risky surviving an exploding volcano. It was denied because it was non canon. However I asked WayForward if it was and they said it was Risky's view on the story on slightly altered. I'll go more into it if I make an upgrade thread.

If city level Shantae is accepted then it is a stomp the other way round since B&K would only be MCB to Town at best.

Back