• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
maxresdefault.jpg

"Listen up... you can pour drinks on me, you can throw food at me, you can even spit on me. I’ll just laugh that stuff off. But good reason or not, nobody hurts a friend of mine!!!!"

"In the shinobi world, those that break the written and unwritten rules are deemed trash... but be that as it may... Those that would disregard their comrades so easily are even worse than trash. And those who don't have the decency to respect the memories of their comrades are the worst."

SBA
Speed Equal

Last edited:
Intangibility only last 5 minutes in one go, he can stop and restart it between attacks. It's only a real problem when he's being barraged with a hail of endless attacks.
That would be the case with Shanks' Advanced Haki ranged attacks. Also, if Kakashi ever wants to attack, he'd need to become tangible again. Shanks would know this before Kakashi ever does it, meaning he'd simply attack the moment he does it.

That would be the case with Shanks' Advanced Haki ranged attacks. Also, if Kakashi ever wants to attack, he'd need to become tangible again. Shanks would know this before Kakashi ever does it, meaning he'd simply attack the moment he does it.
But Kamui is automatic

Wasn't obito hand right in the middle of madara guts and madara attack still passed through him?

And saying shanks would just be attacking obito mindlessly for 5 mins+ doesn't really make sense to me

Wasn't obito hand right in the middle of madara guts and madara attack still passed through him?
That just means Obito can chose the parts of his body that's intangiible. If you're arguing that Obito/DMS Kakashi can both attack physically while being in the Kamui dimension, you would need to make a CRT since that goes against their profiles.
And saying shanks would just be attacking obito mindlessly for 5 mins+ doesn't really make sense to me
Shanks doesn't control the release of his Haki when against enemies. If he's willing to win, his Haki would be passively flexing as the fight goes on.

I'm not sure, but it must be a translation error.
IMG_20240305_192953.jpg

My apologies. Because I'm on an enemy ship I was being a bit intimidating
I don't have raw texts

You are still right, I just disagree about it being passive
I was more referring to Whitebeard's comment:
jHdrTVk.png

"This is the talk of a man who comes on the scene with his “ haki” in full swing."

I'm not sure, but it must be a translation error.
IMG_20240305_192953.jpg

My apologies. Because I'm on an enemy ship I was being a bit intimidating
I don't have raw texts

You are still right, I just disagree about it being passive
Also, a more accurate translation of "敵船につき:少々威嚇した" would be "For enemies, I like to be threatening/intimidating," which would still apply to this fight with Shanks flaunting his Haki. He similar things to both Greenbull and Kidd, so it's not inaccurate.

Say that to Minato.

It's automatic in the sense that when it's active, it automatically makes his body go into the Kamui dimension, not that when he's attacked he automatically becomes intangible.
No, Obitos kamui improved throughout the years. We see Guy try to pull off Minatos trick twice and fail + the databook says his kamui activates even unconsciously.

No, Obitos kamui improved throughout the years. We see Guy try to pull off Minatos trick twice and fail + the databook says his kamui activates even unconsciously.
Shanks would literally sense Kakashi's intent and know exactly when to attack. Because of that, Kakashi would have no choice but to stay intangible in fear of getting oneshot instantly, though that'd only last 5 minutes.

The intangibility only lasts like 5 minutes. Shanks has future sight so he can avoid all spacetime hax and see when Kakashi is tangible again and hit with with a Haō wave to oneshot.
I hate the Konan fight for this so much. The 5 minute time limit is so insanely useless of a weakness that Konan needed a decade to gather 600 BILLION paper bombs in an ocean wide area to abuse it but people misinterpret it as if Obito always fights against the clock

Shanks would literally sense Kakashi's intent and know exactly when to attack. Because of that, Kakashi would have no choice but to stay intangible in fear of getting oneshot instantly, though that'd only last 5 minutes.
Kakashi only becomes intangible while he's attacked. To utilize the trashass weakness Shanks would need to shower him with blows for 5 minutes nonstop and the moment Kakashi slips out of his attack for a single moment boom, the clock resets.

I hate the Konan fight for this so much. The 5 minute time limit is so insanely useless of a weakness that Konan needed a decade to gather 600 BILLION paper bombs in an ocean wide area to abuse it but people misinterpret it as if Obito always fights against the clock
He's not always fighting against the clock because he's never put in positions where he has to. Against Shanks he does. He can literally know when he's planning dropping the Kamui before even Kakashi himself knows.

I was more referring to Whitebeard's comment:
jHdrTVk.png

"This is the talk of a man who comes on the scene with his “ haki” in full swing."
Also, a more accurate translation of "敵船につき:少々威嚇した" would be "For enemies, I like to be threatening/intimidating," which would still apply to this fight with Shanks flaunting his Haki. He similar things to both Greenbull and Kidd, so it's not inaccurate.
This issue is open for discussion and I'm not sure it should be done here. Shanks, either way, he'll keep his haki open against the kakashi.

Kakashi only becomes intangible while he's attacked. To utilize the trashass weakness Shanks would need to shower him with blows for 5 minutes nonstop and the moment Kakashi slips out of his attack for a single moment boom, the clock resets.
Shanks' Haki literally has a range of 1000 kilometers. I heavily doubt that Kakashi would just "slip" out of his attacks.

He's not always fighting against the clock because he's never put in positions where he has to. Against Shanks he does. He can literally know when he's planning dropping the Kamui before even Kakashi himself knows.
Again if there's nothing to phase through he won't be phasing and the Kamui timer won't be running.

Shanks' Haki literally has a range of 1000 kilometers. I heavily doubt that Kakashi would just "slip" out of his attacks.
So he's going to constantly attack Kakashi with one shot level attacks for 5 minutes straight? 😭
Shanks' Haki would be actively attacking Kakashi is my point.
Sooo how does it work? Does he just keep attacking for 5 minutes straight nonstop? He can supposedly fight for 3 days but that's not the same as nonstop attacks since he literally wouldn't be able to have a single millisecond of rest and would still need to fight Kakashi during and after that 5 minute time frame

Say that to Minato.

It's automatic in the sense that when it's active, it automatically makes his body go into the Kamui dimension, not that when he's attacked he automatically becomes intangible.
so are you saying shanks will one shot kakashi before kakashi has a chance to use kamui?

Sooo how does it work? Does he just keep attacking for 5 minutes straight nonstop?
Yes. Simply by unsheathing his sword, he was sending continuous Haki blasts from thousands on miles away to attack an enemy for an extended period of time. As stated above, when fighting an enemy, he would have his Haki active the entire time without constraint, meaning that if at any moment Kakashi becomes tangible, if he doesn't have the durability or will to withstand Shanks' Haki he would get oneshot.

Which is why I still believe this to be a stomp that can't be added.

Yes. Simply by unsheathing his sword, he was sending continuous Haki blasts from thousands on miles away to attack an enemy for an extended period of time.
He doesn't need to just attack. He needs to be outputting enough damage to significantly harm if not one shot Kakashi. I can flick stones for an hour nonstop as well but that doesn't mean I can punch at full strength and speed for an hour nonstop.
As stated above, when fighting an enemy, he would have his Haki active the entire time without constraint, meaning that if at any moment Kakashi becomes tangible, if he doesn't have the durability or will to withstand Shanks' Haki he would get oneshot.
Kakashi doesn't became intangible unless he's attacked. So it's not that if Kakashi at any point stops being intangible but more so if Shanks stops his nonstop attacks at any moment. At FTL speeds that means shanks will have to blast him with the equivalent of over 300 million attacks with not a single moment for rest.

He doesn't need to just attack. He needs to be outputting enough damage to significantly harm if not one shot Kakashi. I can flick stones for an hour nonstop as well but that doesn't mean I can punch at full strength and speed for an hour nonstop.
far higher with Haōshoku Infusion
Shanks' Haki scales higher than his base stats, which are already enough to oneshot Kakashi.
At FTL speeds that means shanks will have to blast him with the equivalent of over 300 million attacks with not a single moment for rest
Which he did against Greenbull.

That just means Obito can chose the parts of his body that's intangiible. If you're arguing that Obito/DMS Kakashi can both attack physically while being in the Kamui dimension, you would need to make a CRT since that goes against their profiles.

Shanks doesn't control the release of his Haki when against enemies. If he's willing to win, his Haki would be passively flexing as the fight goes on.
1. That's what I'm saying. He can choose some parts to be tangible and some not to be
2. The release of his haki is not going to kill kakashi.
The intangibility only lasts like 5 minutes. Shanks has future sight so he can avoid all spacetime hax and see when Kakashi is tangible again and hit with with a Haō wave to oneshot.
Having future sight does not guarantee shanks dodging. Kakashi is much faster with his amps. Especially kamui raikiri with which he was able to blitz kaguya from a large distance away

Back