• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shaman King Discussion Thread

Making a general discussion for this series here. Perhaps a thread would be best for any discussions that may pop up and stuff.

This is a page that describes the Spirit King being omnipresent and omnipotent, suggesting that he is extremely powerful.

Other than that, Yoh and Tao Ren battled and a car was sliced in half and stuff.

[Covering Shaman King chapters 1-10]

I have been reading chapters from 10-30, and I haven't seen anything significant in terms of feats so far, although Yoh did slash a car in half against his fight with Tao Ren.

If Yoh is capable of "intergrating" souls into himself and send souls to heaven shouldnt he have Energy Absorbtion and BFR?

And would the anime hold any value for feats?

How far into it are you by now?

I've read through it twice, I'm starting to read it for the third time now. It'd be great to have someone to discuss feats with and start work on other character pages with.

Ive read all of Shaman King up to where Hao tries to gain the GS and havent been able to find a continuation to read like Flowers since.

Also shouldnt we have profiles for Horohoro and Joco/Chocolove? They're both elemental warriors too and IIRC, Horohoro is the reason Yoh has his Large City Level rating.

Bruno Hormaeche said:
How far into it are you by now?
I've read through it twice, I'm starting to read it for the third time now. It'd be great to have someone to discuss feats with and start work on other character pages with.
I finished the first volume last night and plan to binge to volume 7. I'm getting some of these volumes from a friend so I have to wait on him.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Ive read all of Shaman King up to where Hao tries to gain the GS and havent been able to find a continuation to read like Flowers since.
Also shouldnt we have profiles for Horohoro and Joco/Chocolove? They're both elemental warriors too and IIRC, Horohoro is the reason Yoh has his Large City Level rating.
Horohoro is next on my schedule once I add the stats for armor oversoul for Yoh and Ren and the Bushin form for Ren.

Prioritizing the 5 elemental warrior sounds reasonable, then work can start to shift focus towards characters such as Ryu, Anna, Mikihisa, the Patches, Faust, etc...

Doesnt Manta have good feats? Or is that anime only? IIRC, at one point he becomes a Shaman himself.

And the other members of the X-Laws who are basically the Akatskui of SK should get profiles too.

Manta becoming a Shaman is anime only.

I'm not too sure of how much info we can gather on the rest of the X-Laws, but at least Marco, Jeanne and Luchist should have profiles.

Not sure if people should still post here but I might as well seeing as it's a general thread.

Currently there seems to be some character profiles missing from the main Shaman King page (eg. Lyserg) and some characters don't even have pages (eg. Ryu). So getting those on the page would be good.

There also seems to be some pages which don't show or acknowledge the character's different forms (eg. Yoh's picture only shows him with his swords and not his various tranformations and Ren Tao's doesn't even acknowledge his various Oversouls). I think they should all be mentioned and shown. If people are ok with it could I edit them to showcase them (I already did for yoh) but I don't know what the statistics of many of them are.

You keep mentioning Ryu Umemiya everywhere but he clearly has a page, you didn't even check the verse's page before posting about it. Lyserg hasn't been yet added due to the inconsistencies found in his page (which were discussed just today).

Ren Tao's lack of iterations is due to lack of feats on said forms, I'd personally rather not include the form until theres concise proof (feat based or via accurate, unbiased powerscaling) of the form's stats. Also, narrowing down the number of unnecessary edits would be appreciated.

You can always create content revision threads if you have something to point out and discuss the character in question

Content history shows Ryu's page wasn't even made until today by you. I checked if he had a profile yesterday and he hadn't.

I'll put images of their forms but I'll refrain from adding it to their key.

Most of the images are fine. The ones you added for Ryu should have transparencies, though. Some of them are a little low res. Could you fix that?

Great job with everything else

Bruno Hormaeche said:
Most of the images are fine. The ones you added for Ryu should have transparencies, though. Some of them are a little low res. Could you fix that?
Great job with everything else
For some reason, it's not letting me replace them but if you want you could replace Ryu's with the ones from the Shaman King wiki (where I took most of the images from) in tokageroh's page. Not sure if it would make much difference though.

Back