• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shaking calculation methods issue's. (Earthquakes and shockwaves.)

Hello so recently there's been confusion on what to do with the verse and how we treat their shaking feats. Currently we're using the earthquake method to find the yield of the shaking feats, but there seems to be some disagreement when it comes to using that method. In these feats massive superstructure are shook violently from the strikes of the characters however the tremors didn't last very long.

instead it was suggested to calculate them using shockwaves instead but I'm unsure on how accurate this is in comparison to using the typical earthquake formula. Another suggestion was to use Vibration speed, but nonetheless I'll let the calculation group see which method is the most accurate for this case.

Last edited:
I mean, shaking some buildings cannot be proof for an earthquake. The destruction of an earthquake is not more than 8-A, even at magnitude 8. The shaking is only a fraction of what happens in an earthquake, which is the movement of tectonic plates. A magnitude 3.5 for example has no effect even at 9-B, but the energy of the plates is equal to High 8-C

To be classified as an earthquake requires some statement

Last edited:
Btw, I don't think it is necessary to specify "Kengan Ashura" in the title. That sounds more like something that affects verses in general
I think it's because the Kengan Ashura shaking feats are the main topic of discussion here, even if it may have an effect on other verses

Something something earthquake shaking speed and classical KE but apparently that's not accurate enough to represent the destruction either so I got nothing

Ugarik said vibration and KE are better for small shakes. When it comes to such massive objects as mountains, we get a good result. I already measured the KE of the part of the mountain that was shaken and got a good result.

And is it worth using the shock wave formula for such cases if we do not know the pressure? The standard formula of the shock wave implies the pressure of the explosion, but in that feat the people who were near the epicenter were not hurt.

Something something earthquake shaking speed and classical KE but apparently that's not accurate enough to represent the destruction either so I got nothing
There was no destruction in the particular feat that we discussed with Gin, and vibration is the most appropriate option for calculating the power of the feat.

There was no destruction in the particular feat that we discussed with Gin, and vibration is the most appropriate option for calculating the power of the feat.
Then I guess we go with vibration then? Speed values for shaking are in cm/s on wikipedia IIRC.

Could you drop a link to these values?
It's just that Ugarik and I ourselves calculated the speed, taking the frequency, amplitude and the number pi

I was given a formula for cyclic oscillations and I got a higher result. Plus it seems to me that the speed of vibration and your example are different things

I got a question. This topic is related to a feat I'd like to calc, but if someone were to shake Mount Fuiji what method would you use?

The context is that a character hit Mount Fuji so hard with such powerful wind (Yes a gust of air) that it shook all of Mount Fuiji violently enough that it caused cave systems to start to collapse. What Method is best for to calc that?

Last edited:
Literally, the result is bigger than an earthquake.
What? No it isn't, the earthquake method yielded over 400 Tons. At max this one is like 100 tons.
A fraction of an earthquake can shake a city, while the total energy is focused on the tectonic plates. For some reason, shaking without affecting plates that are more than 20 kilometres below the surface has a result almost 10 times greater
Read above.

I got a question. This topic is related to a feat I'd like to calc, but if someone were to shake Mount Fuiji what method would you use?

The context is that a character hit Mount Fuji so hard with such powerful wind (Yes a gust of air) that it shook all of Mount Fuiji violently enough that it caused cave systems to start to collapse from within Mount Fuiji. What Method is best for to calc that?
I am trying to find a more accurate way to calc this [The link below] (new to calcing stuff but i find it satisfying in doing it myself lol)

the quote box above is quoting a question i had...

Last edited:
I also do not understand how on earth an 8-A mountain shaking feat is wank. If anything, it's way too low.

I also do not understand how on earth an 8-A mountain shaking feat is wank. If anything, it's way too low.
The exploits of the short-term shake-up in general may not be impressive. The same shaking of the universe has never yielded more results than Multi-Galaxy.
Ugarik said that a hundred-kilowatt excavator could shake several buildings while it is running.

But I'm glad we got outstanding results for the verse.

Back