• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May not even matter to the match but are Sonic characters' mindhax resistance enough to withstand Mewtwo's mindhax? I had that doubt since a while.

Some dude knowledgeable on Sonic (not from this wiki) told me otherwise, could you elaborate? As usual it's not as if I could find this just by checking the profiles.

I can find the feat and add it to Mewtwo's profile along with an indication of its potency if you do.

Mewtwo's mindhax >>>>>> amped Drowzee = all Pokemon on an island, which should number in the millions.

Millions? That's it?

One Chaos Emerald can no-sell mindhax from the Overmind in Sonic Chronicles, who were using it to control the minds of the Voxai race, so planetary level mindhax. There's also the mind control ray in Sonic Runners which Eggman would use to put the planet under his mind control, he tried to use it on Sonic but he had a Chaos Emerald which blocked it.

Not going to vote yet, just pointing out that mindhax wouldn't be a reason Mewtwo wins.

@Shadow

I've had the same exact rebuttal to Cal before. He said the The power in Runners was absorption rather than Mind Hax resistance,but is Mewtwo's psychic power energetic? He didn't say anything about the Voxai though.

What Cal said was wrong. It is mindhax resistance, otherwise Sonic's mind would have succumbed to Eggman's control as he was hit by the ray.

@Cal

The cutscenes on Runners are just dialog boxes with portraits(I've linked you to it before), but it does make sound effects & Sonic did get hit by but was unaffected by a Planetary Mind Control ray via the Chaos Emeralds.

Following this.

Even without mindhax, doesn't Mewtwo have more variety in what in what it can do?

Telekinesis keeps him in charge if the fight for the most part, swift will always keep Shadow on his toes, recover and barriers fro defensive options, psychic and shadow ball can deal bucket loads of damage.

Does Mewtwo have anything like a calm mind or any other boosters? Because of it does my vote is on it just overwhelming shadow even without mindhax

Scaling from Pokémon already gives you crazy ass numbers, anyways. That's how they even get so far.

But, from what I recall, Mewtwo has other things going for him, and couldn't he teleport the Emeralds away from Shadow which would give him enough time to invade his mind?

The only thing is how often they use their abilities, in which case, Shadow almost always teleports and/or stops time whenever he can. His whole shtick is basically spamming chaos powers to win. So in that case, I think a time stop plus Chaos Spear will do the psychic cat in.

Mewtwo is 411 yottatons.

Shadow is = Perfect Dark Gaia > Base Dark Gaia = casual 7.2 yottatons.

So yeah, Mewtwo has the AP, although Shadow could use Dark Shadow or Hero Shadow as a stat amp to shrink the gap.

<57x gap

A scaling chain that small is not going to cover that kind of gap even if he can beat and the feat is casual.

What does Shadow Lead with? Mewtwo doing a grab and toss will kill Shadow but if he has thought based shenanigans at the start he could take this

Unlike Sonic, Shadow focuses more on hax then AP. Though that doesn't mean he doesn't attack at all. Shadow is pretty prone to start off hitting but teleportation is something he uses a lot. The moment Mewtwo tries to touch him he would probably teleport from behind and hit him or something. Since Shadow definitely can get out of harms way he's going to realize the huge AP gap and probably use more of his haxier abilities like time stop and BFR with Chaos Rift. Not only that Cal said that's Shadow has everything so he also has Violet void which makes at least two ways to kill Mewtwo.

Note: My simulation did not factor in what Mewtwo would do. All Mewtwo needs to do is touch him once and I hear he is one of the more haxxed Pokémon aside from the god tiers. That's why I'm not voting for Shadow yet because I need to see what Mewtwo would most likely do in this situation.

Oh yeah I forgot that Shadow has the RPG equipments which means he can resurrect himself and get a do over just in case Mewtwo kills him.

Shadow doesn't really have a set leading move as in the various games he's in, he's shown to use different ways of attacking. But yes, Shadow does spam teleportation a lot on a consistent basis.

From what I know, Mewtwo usually leads by shooting energy projectiles or telekinesis.

To be clear, I'm talking about the Chaos Emeralds themselves no-selling mindhax, not Shadow's natural resistance.

Shadow didn't resist it, but Sonic was unaffected because he had a Chaos Emerald on him when confronting the Overmind.

Buddy, the Overmind's mindhax is only planetary with all the Emeralds. If Sonic has one, then the incomplete set is less than what he did to all the brain people.

The real cal howard said:
Buddy, the Overmind's mindhax is only planetary with all the Emeralds. If Sonic has one, then the incomplete set is less than what he did to all the brain people.
I've recently played Sonic Chronicles (working on another playthrough of it currently) and if I remember correctly the Overmind had only 2 emeralds when the mindhax occurred across the two planets as the other species had the rest of the emeralds at the time. Sonic has collected 3 when he arrives at the first of the Voxai's two planets, the Voxai's had 2 (at the time) and the last 2 were on Nocturnus. Sonic got a fourth before going to the second Voxai planet.

Mewtwo takes this via AP, Shadow would have to surrealistically not get hit all the time it takes him to use a killing hax, and land it Mewtwo.

Voting Killer Queen.

He already makes it a habit of not getting hit with teleportation, and if he needs to catch his breath he can time stop on the dime. Not only that Shadow has an extra life because he was give RPG equipments (Thank you Cal sama)

The cat isn't exactly a stranger to teleportation what with having it on a multi-universal scale.

Mewtwo can't just tag Shadow because he has teleportation as well because he isn't going to know where he is going to go. His experience with teleporters won't help that much considering Shadow can resurrect if he actually does get hit. And from that point on I think it's safe to say he will bust out a time stop and kill Mewtwo from there.

Already took the first into consideration next to Mewtwo's own intellect and skills. "Extra life" would obviously need context to even be considered relevant to this, as well as the resurrection.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
There's also the fact that Shadow does like to use range, shown when he attacks Solaris with only his Spears of Light.
Range is going to worthless when he can't even dent Mewtwo. I believe that would just timestop when he realizes physical attacks ain't working and use chaos rift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back