• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Severe Marioverse speed upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Obviously, this is SMG related. Specifically, SMG 2. And I say this because every "World" is a separate universe. Different spacetimes and everything. Why I say this? It's because you require portals that go "through time and space" (Lubba's words) to reach next areas. Evidenced because of the fact that there are hundreds of galaxies in the sky for different worlds. Evidenced here:

800px-SMG2 Lubba 77stars
And the ship can cross said universes in a matter of seconds. However, it would be best to have a much lower assumed timeframe. The reason I say that it can cross entire universes is because the portals are clearly shown to be towards the front and back of said universes. Scales to the main 4 powerhouses (Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, and Bowser), because Bowser shot it down with Meteors, Mario and Luigi can react to specific galaxies and Lumas when piloting it, and Yoshi is faster than them in that game. I'll try to calc it with different timeframes. The timeframes will be one minute, one hour, 12 hours, and a day. It can't be much longer than that. Bowser is shown waiting for Mario on several occasions.

Btw, here's a map of the multiple universes:
800px-SMG2 Map W2

Observable universe is 93 billion light years (as we all know by now)

1 minute: 48,915,131,725,018,250 c

1 hour: 815,252,195,416,970.8 c

12 hours: 67,937,682,951,414.234 c

1 day: 33,968,841,475,707.117 c

Seems to be aite if these are truly entire worlds.

Would this just make them all around MFTL+ or something tho? Curious...

I'm not one to judge the calculations itself, but it seems like the evidence of Worlds being different universes seems sufficient.

At worst we can just judge the amount of galaxies we can see within those shots and likely still get a massive result from that.

@Cross. Yeah. This would make the main attackers + Rosalina and maybe Toad MFTL+ all around.

holy crap that's a ton of speed but idk isn't that the ship only and not Mario? I only seen playthroughs of this game so idk much

@Red. Probably not just the ship, considering Bowser reacted to it according to Lubba, and Mario casually pilots it to stop at certain planets in certain galaxies, and to notice Lumas that are at best, Mario's size.

ahhhh but that makes me wonder they are not galaxies but universes eh I got no problems i just think one day is safe but that's just me

It is best to inform Dino Ranger Black about this thread.

Yep, Dino Ranger is definitely our premier Mario expert.

Still, I don't think we can rate quantify cross-universal travel like this. It's the same reason why we don't rate Whis higher despite his ability to travel between Universe 6 and 7.

Nah. This isn't multi universal travel. It's just traveling from one side of the universe to the other. Like what gives Whis and Seiya their speed feats. All the flowery text at the beginning is just proof that each world is a universe.

@Cal

Quick question since I've only played SMG 1, is Mario flying a ship or using a portal? The former would be viable, the latter no.

There's also issues of cinematic timing.

Flying a ship. The Starship Mario goes from one side of the universe to the other.

I realized the cinematic timing of it (though this part is controlled by the player), which is why I have different timeframes. Even my highest end is a low(er)ball, considering that in game, I can manually move the ship in far less time.

@Reppuzan Travelling between galaxies or to the other side of a World he uses the ship, travelling to a different World than the one he is currrently in he uses a portal.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Cal

@Ryu

Thanks for the explanation. This seems alright, but some additional input would be nice.

There's an error in this thread. Worlds in SMG2 aren't seperate universes, rather they are different sections of the mainstream universe of the franchise. The portals are used to travel to the center of the universe. In other words, they didn't explore entire universes in a short time.

But what is valid is the fact the characters are able to travel across galaxies in a short amount of time, as well as, Bowser being able to fly all the way to the center of the universe and tagging the ship with his meteors. So if we are going to scale the characters/vehicles' speed, it should be from the fact they travel across galaxies, not universes since again, these are sections of the main universe.

I think that Dino Ranger Black makes sense.

I'm willing to settle on that. Still a major speed upgrade to the billions at the very least. However, I have a better image when I popped up my own game, and I really don't feel like counting the hundreds of galaxies that are in there. Heck. There are some that are blocked by the spaceship. Legitimately, there's far more than 200. I lost count at 53 and was less than a fourth of the way there, and I'm pretty sure I skipped some. What number should I just guesstimate for? 300? 350?

Also, talked to Ryu. He thinks 1 hour is the largest timeframe to use. I made a small typo in my original thread. It should've said Bowser is NOT waiting around for Mario to get to him unless Mario is literally right on his front gates.

Hmm never thought of these seperate worlds as universes either, so I agree with Dino Rider.

Quick question, how does the vehicle speed scale to the mario cast?

Bowser shoots it down without being empowered, Mario can react to Lumas that are just waiting, along with specific galaxies to gather Power Stars out of the hundreds there.

@DRB Even 1000 c is considered MFTL+, so yes.

Ok, thank you both.

Ant, would mind unlocking the pages of the Mario Bros, Bowser, and Yoshi? I'm just going to link the thread Cal to explain the speed feat and scaling.

The real cal howard said:
Bowser shoots it down without being empowered, Mario can react to Lumas that are just waiting, along with specific galaxies to gather Power Stars out of the hundreds there.
I don't get this, how does Bowser shooting down the vehicle translate to him being as fast as the vehicle? A guy with a rocket launcher can shoot down a plane, but it sure as hell doesn't mean he's as fast as said plane.

And what do you mean with Mario reacting to Lumas that are "waiting", do you mean the ones that stand still? Don't see how that translates to speed either.

On your last point I'm totally clueless on what you mean. To be honest I played SMG2 like 5 years ago, so I don't really remember anything from it.

If Bowser can tag the ship with his meteors it's a MFTL+ attack feat as well.

True.

But yeah, I'm in support of this upgrade except for one thing. Pilots aren't hypersonic, so Mario doesn't get MFTL reactions for piloting this ship. He should get the MFTL reactions via scaling from bowser instead.

Other than that, this upgrade has my full support, as Bowser and Yoshi scale from the ship, so Mario and Luigi should scale in that regard.

Also because the upgrade wouldn't make Mario superior to Kirby.

I will temporarily unlock the Mario pages.

Also, the profiles that would be affected would be Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Yoshi, and Rosalina. Forgot about her.

I have unlocked them. You can tell me here when you are done.

Hold it, Cal. You shouldn't remove the Massively Hypersonic for Mario, Yoshi, and Luigi. We should still keep them incase we have to powerscale other characters to them in terms of speed.

I agree with DRB on that.

I have added the blog to the List of Accepted Calcs though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back