• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Seung-Chul's initial tiering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a huge detail, but the reasoning for Seung-Chul's tiering struck me as odd.

He is listed at 8-A, with the only reason given being that he is apparently weaker than Dae-Wi. Dae-Wi is listed as a 7-A, which would imply that, going off of the same strand of logic, Seung-Chul's tier could be anywhere between 10-A and high 7-B, hardly a specific measurement.

The second thing is that, based on the manner by which his durability, speed, striking strength, and other stats are all scaled to Dae-Wi, it seems to me that he shouldn't be that far below Dae-Wi in terms of overall capabilities. Even if he lost the fight, he still apparently dazed him slightly with his attacks, and managed to withstand at least the initial blow that Dae-Wi threw. If he were truly only 8-A, he shouldn't have even come close to managing these feats.

Overall, while I don't know if he's truly another 7-A, I would think his tier should be at least slightly closer to Dae-Wi's, unless it is specified that the happenings of the fight consisting of a procession of outliers that otherwise should not apply.

IIrc, beginning of series GoH characters don't really have profiles, and the ones that do use their more recent stats. I'm not to sure but I think there should be more keys for the characters.

I should probably revisit them.

I was scaling him off Dae-Wi for being able to take two parts of an attack combo that would later create a huge crater in a boxing ring, but the result should be much lower in hindsight. I don't have the time to make the revisions now, but thank you for reminding me.

This is a very old thread. I will close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back