• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vergil stomps. He's 50-500x faster than Sesshomaru and Yamato ignores durability, so Vergil blitz before Sesshomaru has the ability to move.

Aparajita said:
Vergil stomps. He's 50-500x faster than Sesshomaru and Yamato ignores durability, so Vergil blitz before Sesshomaru has the ability to move.

Vergil is fast over short distances and in small bursts. He is nowhere near hypersonic in his travel speed. His running speed is just above peak human. Devil May Cry gets most of its speed feats based on reaction speeds and short distance burst speed, with reaction speeds being the better of the two. And before you bring up Vergil defeating Dante the first time, that's because he defeated an unprepared Dante with a counter fighting style. Vergil has never really overpowered Dante because he knows Dante is stronger.

I still say though Vergil takes it but after a hard fight because in the end, he has a few hax abilities and his teleportation that makes up for his speed.

Also 500x is like FTL which no one in DMC is.....

Aparajita said:
Are you doing JUST game DMC or comic too?

Game Vergil and that's how fast he really is in travel speed. Just above Peak Human. Like I said. DMC gets most of their speed feats from reaction speed and short burst speed with reaction speed being the better of the two.

Mach 50, the low end of Vergil's speed translates into 21 Miles per SECOND. Meaning that unless the fight starts off miles away - then a "short distance" even less than a second away is going to be too close to blitz.

Aparajita said:
Mach 50, the low end of Vergil's speed translates into 21 Miles per SECOND. Meaning that unless the fight starts off miles away - then a "short distance" even less than a second away is going to be too close to blitz.

I still did say reaction speed is better of the two.

DeathBattleMike said:
Sesshomaru is Supersonic to Supersonic+ which is Mach 1.1 to Mach 5. Vergil is Massively Hypersonic, which is Mach 100 to Mach 1000, which is 50-500 (low end and high end respectively) times higher first off.

Secondly, there's nothing on his page that states he's remotely around "Peak Human", that would make it an easy Sesshomaru stomp if he is.

Aparajita said:
DeathBattleMike said:
Sesshomaru is Supersonic to Supersonic+ which is Mach 1.1 to Mach 5. Vergil is Massively Hypersonic, which is Mach 100 to Mach 1000, which is 50-500 (low end and high end respectively) times higher first off.
Secondly, there's nothing on his page that states he's remotely around "Peak Human", that would make it an easy Sesshomaru stomp if he is.

Let me repeat myself. He's above Peak Human in Travel speed. I told you already that Devil May Cry gets it's speed feats from reaction speed and short bursts, reaction speed being better of the two. The reason Vergil could still keep up with Sesshomaru is due to his teleportation. In other words. Vergil is only Massively Hypersonic in reaction speed and short bursts.

"Short Bursts" translates to how many seconds away? 1? 2? 10? Because Vergil's "short burst" speed takes him 21 miles a second.

No, of course nobody moves at Mach 100 in DMC, it would be impossible for the eye to watch, let alone actively play. That's game mechanics if anythinf else.

Furthermore, petition to change the page if he's only "above peak human in travel speed"

Well this ain't getting us anywhere.....Anyways I agree Vergil wins but not easily due to some of his hax abilities and being able to keep up with Sesshomaru thanks to his teleporation. I also want to point out to that there's the fact too that Sesshomaru's senses would counter Vergil getting close to him through ambush or sneaking up.

I'm actually of the opinion that Bakuseiga only needs to nick Vergil and he's done for. DMC's speed isn't that impressive most of the time, they've got these fast teleport techniques and stuff but most of the time they're only around peak human.

Phantasys said:
I'm actually of the opinion that Bakuseiga only needs to nick Vergil and he's done for. DMC's speed isn't that impressive most of the time, they've got these fast teleport techniques and stuff but most of the time they're only around peak human.

You seem like a DMC expert. If that's the case. Why don't you point out the flaws on Vergil's and Dante's pages about their speeds?

Um... If Vergil is a Hypersonic character why is he listed at Massively Hypersonic on his page?

Reppuzan said:
Um... If Vergil is a Hypersonic character why is he listed at Massively Hypersonic on his page?

He's not Hypersonic, only in reaction speed he is. In travel speed he's above peak human.

I mean if that's the case... shouldn't that be listed on his profile? I'm no DMC buff, so this sort of thing needs to get sorted out by the experts.

Vergil vs Sephiroth was done on the Vine, and Sephiroth wins with some difficulty in a straight sword-fight match, meaning that Vergil has to keep up with Sephiroth in some degree.

Comicvine is delusional. Vergil could never stand a chance against Sephiroth who outclasses him in speed (FTL+>Above Peak Human) and destructive capability. Sephiroth is a Planet Buster after all whereas Vergil at best is Town.

Anyone that says Vergil can stand a chance against Sephiroth makes me die everytime.

In the comics, Dante kills universal level beings and Vergil is on Dante's level of strength...

Imo, Mike, you're comparing stats to game mechanics with the movement.

Aparajita said:
In the comics, Dante kills universal level beings and Vergil is on Dante's level of strength...
Imo, Mike, you're comparing stats to game mechanics with the movement.

Non-canon, doesn't count. The games are canon, otherwise why isn't Dante universal level on his page as is Vergil? Also no Vergil is not. Vergil has admitted and knows Dante is more powerful and stronger than him, before you bring up him defeating Dante the first time, that's because it was an unprepared Dante which Vergil defeated with a counter fighting style.

DMC Comics are canon, they're just different stories like Pokemon games, show, and comics. Can you provide a link for Vergil admitting that Dante is stronger than him?

Mundus is a reality warper that can warp a dimension big enough to house *hundreds of stars* and create "nigh infinite space", and Dante beats him. Sparda can "sever and seal away universes" after they've merged, and Dante is stronger than Sparda is. That's quoted from the game.

Anyways how about we begin pitting them both against DBZ characters and see what people has to say? After all you're the Devil May Cry "expert". ;D

I don't claim to be an expert, i'm just quoting off of the site, vine, and the comic books.

Aparajita said:
I don't claim to be an expert, i'm just quoting off of the site, vine, and the comic books.

Uh huh. Believe in Comicvine sure.....aka a delusional site that believes Vergil can stand a chance against Sephiroth.....You also have no proof the comics are canon.....By that logic then the Pokemon video games are canon which they're not.

Please. Let's not degenerate into something superficial like that. Regardless, this site says, quote unquote, "Sparda can seal away universes" and Mundus can "create pocket dimensions with hundreds of stars" this site puts Sparda and Mundus at universal feats and Dante beats Mundus and is said to be "stronger" than Sparda - that's quoted from the game series. In DMC 3, Dante *barely* beats Vergil. I don't know how else to say that :/

Says the guy who says Dante and Vergil are Universal. Sure. =)

Oh oh how about Dante and Vergil VS Every Universal character ever as well almighty Devil May Cry "expert"! =D

Did i state that? No. This SITE says that, literally on the DMC page.https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Devil_May_Cry_(Verse), quoting, "Devil May Cry is extremely powerful having god tier characters that can sever and seal away universes even after they've merged with ours (Sparda), reality warp a dimension big enough to house hundreds of stars and create nigh infinite space (Mundus), and reality warp an area the size of a large island simply by being near the location (Despair Embodied) and a Character stronger than all of them (Dante)", did i say that Dante or Vergil are universal? No. Did i say Mundus and Sparda have universal feats? Yes.

Ah but you said Dante is stronger than Sparda who also defeated Mundus making him Universal. ;)

In other words. Universe level confirmed. ;D

No, i'm stating what the community page states. You know, the site you're *on*? Right now? Responding? Please click the link and read what the community said. I don't know how else to put that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back