• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Give a simple explanation here 🗿

Just read it is quite understandable and I don't have time to explain because I'm on the phone.

So, Aizen's hax generally bounce off Vergil, his reality warping is extremely unreliable and unpredictable and even if it wasn't Vergil resists it, and Vergil is one of the few characters with enough soul resistance to not just have his soul crushed by Aizen looking at him and deciding he doesn't like him.

In return, Aizen's regeneration is negated and Vergil's other hax such as madness and concept are horrifying to Aizen, and combining Vergil's spacial cutting with his regeneration negation (with concept hax attached to those attacks and madness hax being basically passive) basically ruins Aizen.

Only wincon I can imagine is Aizen's influencing. Vergil's entire existence has always revolved around how pathetic he is and his desire to be bigger than he is. He's always wanted to prove he was bigger either than Sparda or Dante, and he flushed his entire life down the toilet and slaughtered an entire city to prove that. If Aizen could convince Vergil that he could help him it might do something, except that Vergil would want to prove he was stronger than Aizen too. It is hard to control someone who would want to crush Aizen as well. If Aizen could simultaneously stroke Vergil's giant ego and manipulate him, he might be able to influence him. Keeping in mind that would require Aizen act like he sees Vergil as stronger than him, which we all know would rub against Aizen's way of doing things as well.

This is a stomp unless Aizen can somehow influence Vergil to side with him, keeping in mind this would require acting physically submissive which goes against Aizen's own pride, and the last person who influenced Vergil to work with him got betrayed by Vergil. What's more, Vergil was shown to be able to influence Nero to act against his own interests.

Last edited:
I'm fairly sure demons have had concept manipulation used in versus threads, but he doesn't need it anyway.

So, Aizen convinces Vergil he can help him feel bigger than he is, and convinces Vergil not to kill him, or Vergil stomps him.

Last edited:
I'm fairly sure demons have had concept manipulation used in versus threads, but he doesn't need it anyway.
Yamatos concept hax really was only for him splitting himself into V and Urizen. I can see Mundus using his concept hax in character or Sparda, but not Dante or Vergil.

Yamatos concept hax really was only for him splitting himself into V and Urizen. I can see Mundus using his concept hax in character or Sparda, but not Dante or Vergil.
This is a bit more complicated, since concept hax isn't unique to Yamato. Still, the spacial cutting and regeneration negation are already a brutal combo, so the concept hax isn't needed anyway.

Anyway, either social influencing is the only wincon, or this is a stomp and should be closed/abandoned. And Vergil should work on overcoming his Homelander-esque insecurities, maybe learn that there are other ways to deal with one's issue besides slaughtering a whole city.

This is a bit more complicated, since concept hax isn't unique to Yamato.
Concept hax on regular attacks was removed when PoC stuff was removed, only weapons like Rebellion(by extension DSD too) and Yamato have concept hax, but it's not combat applicable. Only like Mundus and Sparda could realistically use concept hax in character.

But yeah, Vergil pretty much utterly stomps, I don't think social influencing is a viable wincon, Vergil isn't that type of guy to be influenced, especially by someone who's weaker than him.
Aizen can't really give him something that Vergil would want so he would be considered useless lol. Vergil could use Aizen like he did with Arkham and just kill him later but I don't know if its of any use lol.

Concept hax on regular attacks was removed when PoC stuff was removed, only weapons like Rebellion(by extension DSD too) and Yamato have concept hax, but it's not combat applicable. Only like Mundus and Sparda could realistically use concept hax in character.
The concept/name stuff has been used by Dante several times btw, it doesn't need to be some super mumbo jumbo, just saying or uttering a name is enough for them to do the concept shit.

Not saying Dante will use it, just that he has used it in character several times.

Vergil for his part was doing the name shit left and right in the manga but that's because he wanted to free the tower, other than that he hasn't used it iirc.

The concept/name stuff has been used by Dante several times btw, it doesn't need to be some super mumbo jumbo, just saying or uttering a name is enough for them to do the concept shit.

Not saying Dante will use it, just that he has used it in character several times.

Vergil for his part was doing the name shit left and right in the manga but that's because he wanted to free the tower, other than that he hasn't used it iirc.
Ik, but the ability itself was used so little that its basically forgotten, Dante iirc only directly used it on himself in Vol 1 and never used it in combat applicable way, same can be said about Vergil, he only named 1 or a couple of demons and that's all. That's why I said it's not really in character to use it, only if there's like no way to defeat someone, like a last resort kind of thing.

Ik, but the ability itself was used so little that its basically forgotten, Dante iirc only directly used it on himself in Vol 1 and never used it in combat applicable way, same can be said about Vergil, he only named 1 or a couple of demons and that's all. That's why I said it's not really in character to use it, only if there's like no way to defeat someone, like a last resort kind of thing.
Dante used it on himself twice, the void and Nero. The latter 2 are combat applicable.

Vergil named demons and the Yamato split.

It is in character for them, it's not just something they whip out at the first sign of danger

Dante used it on himself twice, the void and Nero. The latter 2 are combat applicable.

Vergil named demons and the Yamato split.

It is in character for them, it's not just something they whip out at the first sign of danger
Mundus and Nero thingies are very very debatable, too vague really and wouldn't say that they're combat applicable cases.
That's why I said it's not really in character to use it, only if there's like no way to defeat someone, like a last resort kind of thing.
That's what I was kind of implying tho but yeah, I agree with the last portion.

I don't agree to Vergil being influenced by Aizen.
Vergil has had many encounters with Dante, whom has had a lot of chit chatter and things like "Stop you!" type of things.

Now, Dante's charisma is something to take into account, because he has 3 feats to bring into the table.

Vergil was and is unable to be influenced by Dante having this charismatic effect on people, demons and animals. This is because he has interacted with him plenty of times and has had a lot of contact with him, but was unable to return to good in his quest for power.

btw DMC having layered hax needs to be evaluated in this thread

so both have 0 layers 🗿

Such a match could not have come from anyone other than Robo lol.

allah-allah-ciddimisin-oglum.gif

waiting for the official release (which was yesterday), we are collecting all the scans, we don't want another "urr They are manipulated translation" bullshit, eventually we will have them all, it will probably take us until February
how do i look at the POC abilities they had 🗿

Back