• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Battle of demonic brothers. Both are bloodlusted.

Low 7-B Sesshōmaru vs High 7-C Vergil. Speed is equalised.

Sesshōmaru
Vergil-photo-vergil-35818039-1080-1200
"You will not forget this devil's power"

While Vergil does have the slight AP disadvantage, Spatial Manipulation and Durability ignoring with Yamato and Devil Trigger will make quick and easy work of Sesshōmaru

Gargoyle One said:
While Vergil does have the slight AP disadvantage, Spatial Manipulation and Durability ignoring with Yamato and Devil Trigger will make quick and easy work of Sesshōmaru
Sesshōmaru can also ignore durability via Bakuseiga. In fact, one small blow from Bakuseiga and Vergil is virtually (pun intended) dead.

You see, here's the issue.

Yamato's Spatial Manipulation will allow it to go through the blade and strike him on the other side.

It didn't go through Rebellion because it has Spatial resistance

Gargoyle One said:
You see, here's the issue.

Yamato's Spatial Manipulation will allow it to go through the blade and strike him on the other side.

It didn't go through Rebellion because it has Spatial resistance
Well I don't think a blow from Yamato would immediately one shot Sesshōmaru while a blow from Bakuseiga would disintegrate Vergil on a cellular level. Plus Sesshōmaru still have teleportation, enhanced sense and pseudo flight.

Also, isn't Rebellion capable of resisting Yamato's Spatial Manipulation only because both are brother blades made by Sparda.

A slice would cut him clean in half with Spatial Manipulation, the idea that he'd survive that is absolutely wrong

There's also the fact that if Sesshōmaru is in danger, his sword Tenseiga would immediately transport him to safety.

Sesshōmaru can also fly, giving him better manuverability and fire explosive energies from Bakuseiga while he's at it. And I also thought you might say Vergil can teleport, which is why I got counter argument for that. 1.Vergil's teleportation range seems to be limited so I don't think he can avoid a move that can slay 1000 demons in one slash. 2.Him being able to teleport to aerial beings comes from throwing spectral swords at them and I don't think someone like Sesshōmaru would just stand still and let them hit him. I also thought you might say Vergil can just slice through the energy waves with Yamato, but I don't think it has shown slicing through energy attacks and even then I don't think it can slice through a wave that could destroy 1000 demons in one slash.

Vergil can teleport anywhere instantly within 30 meters, flight isn't helping.

No that's a gameplay mechanic in DMC4, in the original DMC3, he has no issue teleporting wherever he needs too.

No he wouldn't, but neither of them know of each other's blade, the moment they strike, Vergil will slice through and cut him in half, End.

When has Vergil shown to teleport anywhere within 30 meters? His Yamato can only cut at a distance of 10 meters whereas Sesshōmaru has a range of several hundred meters at least.

Also I don't know about this but can Sesshōmaru discern Yamato spatial manipulation characteristics with is smell given that he can discern characteristics of objects through smell alone (usually demonic energy) and Yamato is made by demons?

Teleport pretty sure he can teleport where he needs to be

How can he know it will OHK him? Smelling only helps knowing what kind of weapon it is demonic but what it does??? Nah

1. During the DMC3 fights where the arena is actually around 59 meters, so I was actually wrong, also, ten meters? The range says tens of meters, meaning 20 at the least.

2. No, unless he's shown discerning Spatial Manipulation, he can't

Just gonna point out that, even taking into account the absurd difference in age, Vergil (much like Dante) can literally master a weapon the moment he picks it up, as seen when he first acquires Beowulf. That fact added to how he's been using Yamato longer than any other weapon means he most likely has the skill advantage. Range also gets nulled by teleportation.

That said, I'm also going to point out that Sesshomaru has far more experience than anyone Vergil has fought/won against IIRC, and he definitely has the versatility in his favor. Dunno the nature of his own teleportation, but it should help here as well.

Probably still going with Vergil, all things considered. But it'd be close.

I don't know why we say Sesshomaru's Light Orb Form has teleportation. He's never displayed disappearing and reapperaing in a different place. Heck the references for it on his profile show him simply flying away using it. So really, can we call it teleporation??? Also, we never see him use it in combat (at least, that I'm aware of). He always uses it for travel. So there's a thing if he could actually use it in combat.

As for the fight itself. It really comes down to who hits first. Sesshomaru's attacks destroy at the celluar level while Vergil's cut through space. Either one lands, their opponent is pretty much dead.

However, Vergil has shown the ability to unleash entire barrages of cuts and slashes over a large area. On top of the fact that Vergil's teleporation is virtually instant, he has more mobility and ways to engage and disengage at borderline will.

There's even the scenario of both Sesshomaru and Vergil unleashing their attacks around the same time and Yamato's just slicing though Bakuseiga's.

In the end, I see Vergil winning this more often than Sesshomaru.

yeah i feel like vergil's teleporting and likely mindset along with using his yamato to the max which can negate dura for sesshomaru will likely net him the win though its not with ease due to sesshomaru's abilities and experience but yeah i do see vergil winning more times than not

well it gives him some range too and they do circle around opponent this can be added now btw as its unanimous

Back