• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Servant Scaling (Moon Cell) Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxLevel_King

He/Him
Original CRT: https://vsbattles.com/threads/servant-scaling-moon-cell-downgrade-proposal-2-0.148944/

Since my CRT was closed before I got the chance to argue all my points and counter-points, I'm opening up a discussion on this topic here. I'll start with my reply to a counter-argument made on the CRT;

You acknowledge that they're a unique case, but then extrapolate that to mean any new servant is buffed by it (never even hinted at). Jeanne being a top servant in Extra also doesn't matter even if her regular self lacks tier 1 feats, because her non top servant self isn't tier 1 (Top Servant is a type of graph you can be summoned with, like a Grand Graph, it's a level of power set by that)

That's the only instance you should need they're being literally erased from reality without a master, this is also the entire reason for mana issues for them, or for projections disappearing, etc

"Moriarty was going to destroy the planet with a meteor, this doesn't contradict Da Vinci saying the planet can't be destroyed by an NP", yeah okay moving on

Yes, I haven't proven such because it's irrelevant to your proposal, as many of your points are

There were other factors at play that led to Kiara's defeat yes, this literally does not matter though. Find me a single statement that Kiara or BB were nerfed by several degrees of uncountable infinity, and you'll have a point, otherwise you just have "Servants had a >1% chance to win, and did" which means they still are on that level, otherwise it'd be a 0%, and then you have them beating a Kiara nerfed by an unknown amount

I've read the scan, I've read the whole game even, it doesn't say it's stronger than in life, in fact it's saying it's unlocking their Origin of their life specifically

The sun is clearly not a normal Sun when it has several gods who are embodiments of it, when it exists in a universe where even meteors have Ultimate Ones, and exists outside of Earth, which has the known universe as a layer of itself, it is very clearly not normal, and to say otherwise is either willful ignorance, or blatant misrepresentation of the series

It's a simulated reality full of literal universes, higher dimensions, and multiple things which can affect the outside world, the computer itself is that tier by necessity

Any feat involving the planet (6d Avalon 8d space whatever) any feat involving INS (explicitly higher d) any feat which just scales to the Mooncell stuff (the entire CCC event and then the Ooku one via scaling to Kiara) etc

That's not how that works no. Because no calc can come close to tier 1, that's just sorta how tiers work, therefore it doesn't matter if they had a high 3-A calc or a 9-B calc, they're all equally as nothing compared to tier 1, making this entire point meaningless, furthermore, if you've actually read the pages, most servants are below 5-B, fun fact

But you said Anti X doesn't mean destroy X, therefore saying it has at best country level AP doesn't work, unless you then say that Anti World and stuff does mean world. And again, most servants, funnily enough, aren't that tier.

That's just not true though as mentioned before, and as you'd see if you actually read the profiles or source material

These scans are almost meme tier considering the text ones are literally just copy pasting TM wiki, couldn't even actually search the sources for your points rip.

Beyond that this thread is a mix of
1. Complete non points, such as the calc point, or the Brahmastra thing
2. Things which have been addressed in multiple threads since before the upgrade even happened, with no variation, including the Da Vinci statement without even looking at its context

Furthermore, the OP seems to have a fundamental misunderstanding of the tiering of the verse based on some of his comments. The average servant isn't tier 1 as he seems to think, bringing up examples like Brahmastra as anti feats, or Jeanne not having tier 1 feats as a servant, the average servant is 6-C, a 3 dimensional being. Tier 1 is the god tiers, who literally nothing said here applies to even if it were to be accurate. It's the Beasts, the Types, the Grands (when summoned as a Grand and given the grand graph), Top Servants (when summoned as one with the graph), Gods and such.
1. I'll probably need to add in a scan later, but it's been stated that Servants with less Mystery are usually buffed by their Servant container, possessing powers that they didn't in life (you know, because some Servants were actually relatively normal human beings).

2. So there are no cases of Gaia directly weakening a Servant anchored to reality by their Master then.

3. The Meteor wasn't a NP, the aimbot was. Moriarty specifically created a giant tower gun and was going to use the aimbot NP to shoot the meteor from the tower gun directly into the center of the Earth's core, destroying it. The NP itself didn't have Planet-destroying power.

4. Fair enough

5. The MMC Servants stood an astronomically low chance to beat her (BB) to begin with and they were both (BB and Kiara) being nerfed to beatable lebels, so I think that speaks for itself.

6. The scan literally states that not even Gilgamesh knew about this. The rest of the scan's context that debunks your reasoning aside, you think Gilgamesh didn't know about the power he had in life?

7. The Sun having Gods which are embodiments of it doesn't prove that the Sun itself is abnormal. On top of that, it's a fallacy to claim that since other Celestial Bodies are abnormal, the Sun is as well when it's never indicated as such.

8. There are no "literal universes" inside the Moon Cell. You're conflating simulated realities with being genuine realities.

9. No. Textures being affected (and not even destroyed) doesn't equate to planetary and above AP/DC. As for INS (Imaginary Number Scramble?), I don't recall any Servants destroying the entire space.

10. That's not my point. I know that no calc can come close to Tier 1, my point is that calcs capping at 5-B and not higher such as in Tier 3 doesn't line up with the most powerful Moon Cell Srrvants being that powerful outside of the Moon Cell.

11. You completely missed the point I was making. I stated that "Anti-" means effective against, not necessarily that it can destroy that thing. I didn't state that it absolutely couldn't destroy that thing either. Anti-Country refers directly to Country (either effective against or can destroy), which is why I said that Karna's NP is Country-level at best. I said it was comparable to a nuke at worst because the power of his NP has directly been compared to a nuclear blast. If one of the strongest Servants possess Country-level AP at best outside of the Moon Cell, and can beat most other Moon Cell Servants outside of the Moon Cell with Country-level AP, then it stands to reason that any if not most Servants that scale to Low 1-C inside of the Moon Cell shouldn't scale to that outside of the Moon Cell.

12. It's completely true.

I don't think that most Servants are listed at Low 1-C, I think that most of the ones that are shouldn't have that tier or it should be clarified that they only have that tier inside of the Moon Cell. As for the Beasts, Grands, and Gods you've brought up, most if not all of them don't have any feats remotely comparable to Low 1-C either.

Following
stephen-colbert-popcorn.gif

I think that most of the ones that are shouldn't have that tier or it should be clarified that they only have that tier inside of the Moon Cell. As for the Beasts, Grands, and Gods you've brought up, most if not all of them don't have any feats remotely comparable to Low 1-C either.
Do you play Fate/Grand Order or have viewed any of the story arcs in it?
If so what has lead you to this conclusion? I'm very curious.

Do you play Fate/Grand Order or have viewed any of the story arcs in it?
If so what has lead you to this conclusion? I'm very curious.
As I said, some of these beings might be, but definitely not all of them. Most of these beings (Grands, Beasts, Gods) only have their tier because they scale to other beings who then scale to someone who might be Low 1-C, but only under certain circumstances.

For instance, Tiamat has no Low 1-C feats. She tanked Noble Phantasms (and still took a little damage from them, ie broken horn) that were tier 6 at best. Her energy output was compared to a hydrogen bomb (although I know she's stronger than that), and her black mud covering the Babylonia texture isn't a Low 1-C feat.

Kama, as a conceptual universe, isn't Low 1-C. On top of that, she was only beaten conceptually, so Servants shouldn't scale to her because of that.

King Hassan was at least slightly struggling against the Lahmu, who aren't Low 1-C. Forcing the concept of death onto Tiamat, who isn't Low 1-C either, doesn't give him Low 1-C.

Arjuna Alter destroying and recreating the Indian Texture isn't a Low 1-C feat.

Zeus didn't have any Low 1-C feats in his Lostbelt.

It was treated as a big deal when Romulus Quirinus moved FTL against Chaos.

Almost none of the Grands, Beasts or Gods have Low 1-C feats.

Original CRT: https://vsbattles.com/threads/servant-scaling-moon-cell-downgrade-proposal-2-0.148944/

Since my CRT was closed before I got the chance to argue all my points and counter-points, I'm opening up a discussion on this topic here. I'll start with my reply to a counter-argument made on the CRT;

1. I'll probably need to add in a scan later, but it's been stated that Servants with less Mystery are usually buffed by their Servant container, possessing powers that they didn't in life (you know, because some Servants were actually relatively normal human beings).

2. So there are no cases of Gaia directly weakening a Servant anchored to reality by their Master then.

3. The Meteor wasn't a NP, the aimbot was. Moriarty specifically created a giant tower gun and was going to use the aimbot NP to shoot the meteor from the tower gun directly into the center of the Earth's core, destroying it. The NP itself didn't have Planet-destroying power.

4. Fair enough

5. The MMC Servants stood an astronomically low chance to beat her (BB) to begin with and they were both (BB and Kiara) being nerfed to beatable lebels, so I think that speaks for itself.

6. The scan literally states that not even Gilgamesh knew about this. The rest of the scan's context that debunks your reasoning aside, you think Gilgamesh didn't know about the power he had in life?

7. The Sun having Gods which are embodiments of it doesn't prove that the Sun itself is abnormal. On top of that, it's a fallacy to claim that since other Celestial Bodies are abnormal, the Sun is as well when it's never indicated as such.

8. There are no "literal universes" inside the Moon Cell. You're conflating simulated realities with being genuine realities.

9. No. Textures being affected (and not even destroyed) doesn't equate to planetary and above AP/DC. As for INS (Imaginary Number Scramble?), I don't recall any Servants destroying the entire space.

10. That's not my point. I know that no calc can come close to Tier 1, my point is that calcs capping at 5-B and not higher such as in Tier 3 doesn't line up with the most powerful Moon Cell Srrvants being that powerful outside of the Moon Cell.

11. You completely missed the point I was making. I stated that "Anti-" means effective against, not necessarily that it can destroy that thing. I didn't state that it absolutely couldn't destroy that thing either. Anti-Country refers directly to Country (either effective against or can destroy), which is why I said that Karna's NP is Country-level at best. I said it was comparable to a nuke at worst because the power of his NP has directly been compared to a nuclear blast. If one of the strongest Servants possess Country-level AP at best outside of the Moon Cell, and can beat most other Moon Cell Servants outside of the Moon Cell with Country-level AP, then it stands to reason that any if not most Servants that scale to Low 1-C inside of the Moon Cell shouldn't scale to that outside of the Moon Cell.

12. It's completely true.

I don't think that most Servants are listed at Low 1-C, I think that most of the ones that are shouldn't have that tier or it should be clarified that they only have that tier inside of the Moon Cell. As for the Beasts, Grands, and Gods you've brought up, most if not all of them don't have any feats remotely comparable to Low 1-C either.
Idk why but this guy doing his best to downgrade Mooncell (laughs)
Respect for you man (again laughs)

Idk why but this guy doing his best to downgrade Mooncell (laughs)
Respect for you man (again laughs)
I'm not downgrading the Moon Cell. I'm saying that some Low 1-C Servants should have their tier removed, but not all of them. As for the ones that keep the tier, it should be prefaced with "Only in the Moon Cell".

I'm not downgrading the Moon Cell. I'm saying that some Low 1-C Servants should have their tier removed, but not all of them. As for the ones that keep the tier, it should be prefaced with "Only in the Moon Cell".
In Their profiles theyre clearly mentioned and stated how they will be relative to It
example:
Goetia: “As a fully mature Beast, he should be comparable to Tiamat and superior to Kiara, who outright admitted that he was stronger than her. Much like other Demons, he is a higher-dimensional lifeform who transcends the universe, which he also describes himself as when first revealing his true nature”
Kirschtaria Wodime:Grand Order/Anima Animusphere (A spell on par with a Noble Phantasm wich Magical Energy is easily as powerful as Artemis's Shooting Star Ortygia, and capable of decimating multiple Servants at once. With this spell, Wodime was able to defeat Zeus, albeit due planning ahead, prompting the Lostbelt King to see him as his only equal. Lostbelt Demeter acknowledged that Kirschtaria using this magecraft possessed the potential to easily destroy her Aletheia

There's no way. My thread got closed before I could flesh out my arguments and rebuttals to begin with. I'm already aware of the previous downgrade threads, but I have more points to make.
throw him now before it's closed and rules accepted

In Their profiles theyre clearly mentioned and stated how they will be relative to It
example:
Goetia: “As a fully mature Beast, he should be comparable to Tiamat and superior to Kiara, who outright admitted that he was stronger than her. Much like other Demons, he is a higher-dimensional lifeform who transcends the universe, which he also describes himself as when first revealing his true nature”
Kirschtaria Wodime:Grand Order/Anima Animusphere (A spell on par with a Noble Phantasm wich Magical Energy is easily as powerful as Artemis's Shooting Star Ortygia, and capable of decimating multiple Servants at once. With this spell, Wodime was able to defeat Zeus, albeit due planning ahead, prompting the Lostbelt King to see him as his only equal. Lostbelt Demeter acknowledged that Kirschtaria using this magecraft possessed the potential to easily destroy her Aletheia
As I said, a lot of these Grands, Beasts and Gods get their tier from wonky scaling rather than direct feats and statements.

1. Goetia is without a doubt superior to Kiara. However, Kiara isn't a Low 1-C being outside of Seraph or the Moon Cell (ie simulated environments). She's still extremely powerful nonetheless, but not Low 1-C outside of specific circumstances.

2. Zeus doesn't have any Low 1-C feats in his Lostbelt, so Kirschtaria being his equal doesn't make him Low 1-C either.

There's no way. My thread got closed before I could flesh out my arguments and rebuttals to begin with. I'm already aware of the previous downgrade threads, but I have more points to make.
Dude is in denial for the first time, even though he is one of the people that caused Maou Gakuin got a Discussion Rule. Kek.

Dude is in denial for the first time, even though he is one of the people that caused Maou Gakuin got a Discussion Rule. Kek.
I obviously don't agree with the MG discussion rule, but at the very least that thread was properly concluded (even if I don't agree with the results). My Servant Scaling thread on the other hand got shot down before I had the chance to fully argue my points. The two cases aren't the same.

I know this is really stupid and a waste of time but wanted to comment about two points I saw that made me honestly specially laugh a lot.
For instance, Tiamat has no Low 1-C feats. She tanked Noble Phantasms (and still took a little damage from them, ie broken horn) that were tier 6 at best. Her energy output was compared to a hydrogen bomb (although I know she's stronger than that), and her black mud covering the Babylonia texture isn't a Low 1-C feat.

Kama, as a conceptual universe, isn't Low 1-C. On top of that, she was only beaten conceptually, so Servants shouldn't scale to her because of that.
My man, just the mud she easily created to the point of flood the planet was already a higher dimensional space, so your point about tier 6 at best is already so ridiculous it isn't even funny (even more so when she is explicitly tell to have infinite weight which even at the most greatest lowballing would already mean High 3-A in any verse). And mind you this isn't even considering any scaling to other characters or obsure piece of lore from the verse, this is quite literally just the summary from her in game profile, the tier 1 is because of use just any more piece of evidence from the verse itself instead of just her literal summary (something that you were unable to even see).

Servants don't scale to her because of that though? Is the reason of why you don't see tier 1 Scheherazade.

I know this is really stupid and a waste of time but wanted to comment about two points I saw that made me honestly specially laugh a lot.

My man, just the mud she easily created to the point of flood the planet was already a higher dimensional space, so your point about tier 6 at best is already so ridiculous it isn't even funny (even more so when she is explicitly tell to have infinite weight which even at the most greatest lowballing would already mean High 3-A in any verse). And mind you this isn't even considering any scaling to other characters or obsure piece of lore from the verse, this is quite literally just the summary from her in game profile, the tier 1 is because of use just any more piece of evidence from the verse itself instead of just her literal summary (something that you were unable to even see).

Servants don't scale to her because of that though? Is the reason of why you don't see tier 1 Scheherazade.
1. She still doesn't have any Low 1-C feats.

2. She still took damage, if only slight, from a Tier 6 NP. A Low 1-C being shouldn't be able to take any damage from a Tier 6 attack, given that Tier 1 is supposed to be infinities above the other tiers.

3. Her mud being a higher dimensional space still isn't Low 1-C (unless I'm misunderstanding the nature of her mud).

As I said, a lot of these Grands, Beasts and Gods get their tier from wonky scaling rather than direct feats and statements.

1. Goetia is without a doubt superior to Kiara. However, Kiara isn't a Low 1-C being outside of Seraph or the Moon Cell (ie simulated environments). She's still extremely powerful nonetheless, but not Low 1-C outside of specific circumstances.

2. Zeus doesn't have any Low 1-C feats in his Lostbelt, so Kirschtaria being his equal doesn't make him Low 1-C either.

First of all Vsbw accepted mooncell as 8D structure so anyone who’s relative to it will be Complex Multiversal 1-C and Low 1-C = 5-6D which clearly isnt the case here and kiara is must 1-C and about zeus
He is stated to be above Super Orion and comparable to Goetia and other beings

Just saying, you don't need an exact tier 1 feat if you have AP scaling to a tier 1 being or object or place or whatever, which Tiamat does so... laddadee laddadaa she's tier 1, Grand Servant First Hassan by proxy is also tier 1, Goetia is also tier 1, due to Kiara saying she was lesser then him, who scales above BB who scales to the moon cell, which is tier 1 right now.

And since grand servants need to be capable of fighting the beasts, they're all tier 1 by proxy of downscaling from Goetia, which is backed up by a Grand servant-tier being in Qin Shi Huang one-shotting Jing ke, basically meaning normal servants simply don't stack up

Just having lower feats doesn't mean it's an anti-feat, otherwise ******* like Thor would be tier 9.

Just saying, you don't need an exact tier 1 feat if you have AP scaling to a tier 1 being or object or place or whatever, which Tiamat does so... laddadee laddadaa she's tier 1, Grand Servant First Hassan by proxy is also tier 1, Goetia is also tier 1, due to Kiara saying she was lesser then him, who scales above BB who scales to the moon cell, which is tier 1 right now.

And since grand servants need to be capable of fighting the beasts, they're all tier 1 by proxy of downscaling from Goetia, which is backed up by a Grand servant-tier being in Qin Shi Huang one-shotting Jing ke, basically meaning normal servants simply don't stack up

Just having lower feats doesn't mean it's an anti-feat, otherwise ******* like Thor would be tier 9.
This is my exact issue with the Tier 1 Scaling. All the scaling for Tier 1 circles back to Kiara and the Moon Cell. The Moon Cell is clearly a unique case as the Tier 1 feats there haven't been replicated outside of the Moon Cell. Kiara herself has only demonstrated Low 1-C capabilities while within the Moon Cell's environment.

This is my exact issue with the Tier 1 Scaling. All the scaling for Tier 1 circles back to Kiara and the Moon Cell. The Moon Cell is clearly a unique case as the Tier 1 feats there haven't been replicated outside of the Moon Cell. Kiara herself has only demonstrated Low 1-C capabilities while within the Moon Cell's environment.
With no statement, we can't assume anything, sorry, but that's just how the wiki operates

First of all Vsbw accepted mooncell as 8D structure so anyone who’s relative to it will be Complex Multiversal 1-C and Low 1-C = 5-6D which clearly isnt the case here and kiara is must 1-C and about zeus
He is stated to be above Super Orion and comparable to Goetia and other beings
My argument is that Kiara and BB have only demonstrated Low 1-C feats and capabilities within the confines of the Moon Cell, and that they aren't Low 1-C outside of the Moon Cell.

With no statement, we can't assume anything, sorry, but that's just how the wiki operates
No statement on what? The scaling? It's in the wiki profiles. Tier 1 characters are scaled to other Tier 1 characters, and those Tier 1 characters are scaled to Kiara or BB.

If you're talking about Kiara not being Low 1-C outside of the Moon Cell, the fact is that she hasn't done anything Low 1-C outside of the Moon Cell and beings comparable to her if not stronger don't have Low 1-C feats either.

If you're talking about Kiara not being Low 1-C outside of the Moon Cell, the fact is that she hasn't done anything Low 1-C outside of the Moon Cell and beings comparable to her if not stronger don't have Low 1-C feats either.
That's still not a statement of them being any weaker outside of the moon cell mate

1. She still doesn't have any Low 1-C feats.

2. She still took damage, if only slight, from a Tier 6 NP. A Low 1-C being shouldn't be able to take any damage from a Tier 6 attack, given that Tier 1 is supposed to be infinities above the other tiers.

3. Her mud being a higher dimensional space still isn't Low 1-C (unless I'm misunderstanding the nature of her mud).
And mind you this isn't even considering any scaling to other characters or obscure piece of lore from the verse, this is quite literally just the summary from her in game profile, the tier 1 is because of use just any more piece of evidence from the verse itself instead of just her literal summary (something that you were unable to even see)
Her mud is made of Imaginary Numbers Space which is the thing that make the Moon Cell 8D, so with just a few scans (three imgur and a single image) is already show how she is indeed tier 1 without even using more scans from Beasts, gods and the characters she fight, just simply using her mud.

But anyways, this is my last post in this thread since at the end all of this is really a pointless waste of time.

Last edited:
why you guys keep saying "low 1-c feat"?

low 1-c comes from avalon(6d)

moon cell gives 1-c (8d)

That's still not a statement of them being any weaker outside of the moon cell mate
So the only point that needs to be cleared up is whether or not Kiara is as strong as she is inside of the Moon Cell outside of it as well?
Her mud is made of Imaginary Numbers Space which is the thing that make the Moon Cell 8D, so with just a few scans (three imgur and a single image) is already show how she is indeed tier 1 without even using more scans from Beasts, gods and the characters she fight, just simply using her mud.

But anyways, this is my last post in this thread since at the end all of this is really a pointless waste of time.
If this is your last post, then that's fine. However, I still have a response;

You're claiming that Tiamat's mud is Low 1-C because it's composed of INS and the 8D Moon Cell is composed of INS. However, that's not what your scan states. It only states that the Far Side of the Moon, where the Moon Cell dumps unneccessary information, is an imaginary number space. You're equating the Far Side of the Moon (INS) to all of the Moon Cell's simulated realities and information.

As I've said, all the Tier 1 Scaling for Top Servants, Grand Servants, Beasts, Gods, and otherwise all ties back to the Moon Cell. All these beings scaled to Tier 1 don't possess Tier 1 feats outside of the Moon Cell.

Slightly offtopic but does being in the moon cell grant you any special abilities or is it actually detrimental to humans?
Being in the Moon Cell doesn't inherently make Servants and Masters stronger or weaker. However, because the inside of the Moon Cell is a simulated reality, there are things that can be done inside of the Moon Cell that can't be done outside of it. For instance, the Mythological Mystic Codes are something exclusive to the Moon Cell. BB scaling to the Moon Cell (8D) is something that is also only possible because she's an AI with a special authority over the Moon Cell's simulated reality. Kiara is essentially in the same boat as BB.

TLDR: The Moon Cell's environment itself doesn't empower or weaken people, but things can be done inside of it that can't be done outside of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back