• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well yea, I didn’t say otherwise. I’m assuming the amplification affects combat speed, unless if I’m mistaken

Yet it also defeats the purpose of the rule. Speed is equalized to provide a degree of fairness so it isn’t a speed stomp. Speed amping defeats the point of that rule and grants an advantage the character wasn’t supposed to have because of the rule.
I mean, is the rules so we can't do much about.

Well yea, I didn’t say otherwise. I’m assuming the amplification affects combat speed, unless if I’m mistaken

Yet it also defeats the purpose of the rule. Speed is equalized to provide a degree of fairness so it isn’t a speed stomp. Speed amping defeats the point of that rule and grants an advantage the character wasn’t supposed to have because of the rule.

I don't know. Speed equal just doesn't affect amps. I don't know if OP can restrict said amps or not since I'm not well versed on the rules.

But either way it seems Super Sonic already had the speed advantage. Immeasurable vs MFTL+. Speed equalize just makes it more fair for Seph so, I honestly feel like it's fair letting Sonic keep his speed advantage through his amps.

Sephiroth is edgier so he insta wins

Pfft, Sonic resists edge manipulation due to exposure to Shadow.

What else does seph have besides passive fear hax?

As a way to deal with the speed difference? Well, what I can think of at first is that Sephiroth has a permanently active mind and memory reading and telekinesis he uses to restrain and attempt to tear apart his opponents or just throw buidlings at them Darth Vader style. There's also Dispel a position tracking spell that disables any augments the opponent has. He can also use illusions but I think Sonic just resists that, but there's also his Sense and Perception Manipulation, which not quite a passive, it's permanently active, which he uses to make others see him as a different person altogether or, as seen in Remake, make others outright hallucinate.

Sephiroth's Fear hax is also layered given it can send into panic people who have entered the Lifestream, where their mind, soul and hearts are put under the weight of the spiritual energy that has acummulated from every living being that has died and returned to the Planet since life itself began on the world and just minor exposure to spiritual energy leakages in a faulty facility can break a normal person's mind and spirit.

Last edited:

Minor thing, Sonic has 4 different moves that provide a 50x amp, and all of them amp combat AND travel speed (and reaction speed).

Boost, Spin Dash, Drop Dash, Super Peel out = 54x speed amp

Minor thing, Sonic has 4 different moves that provide a 50x amp, and all of them amp combat AND travel speed (and reaction speed).

Boost, Spin Dash, Drop Dash, Super Peel out = 54x speed amp
Couldn’t Sephiroth just attack him while he’s doing all of this?

All this things happen in a instant, pretty sure.
Those are all different moves that involve him dashing tho, right? That wouldn’t be instantaneous since he builds speed by moving, meaning he’s still using those while Sephi is hanging out.

What does Sephi start with excluding Sonic’s speed amps. If I’m correct about him dashing, Sephi has an opening blow before getting blitzed.

Boost is instantaneous, the others require time to charge up. And also it's been buffed to a.... 354x amp I think?
Due to SBA they start 4km apart.

Seph has like 3 layers on his fear manip iirc. Also some might think that Seph tends to be pretty arrogant and won't use his hax, however one must remember that Seph was mostly focused on making Cloud and co suffer more than anything else. In Crisis Core Seph wastes no time in one shotting a boss when he arrived, so he's likely to not mess around against a non human opponent imo

Assuming Dissidia Sephiroth has all of his previous hax (given that’s what it says on the profile), he’d have mid-godly, which I’m pretty sure Sonic has no way of dealing with.

Excluding passives, does Sephi have any other Wincons? Speed boost takes time to charge up assuming he uses all of those moves.

From what it looks like, Sephi fear haxes him and then uses some other Wincon to beat Sonic. Speed boost gets obsoleted by fear. I’m voting Sephiroth

Speed boost takes time to charge up assuming he uses all of those moves.
Sonic only needs to use one of them for a 346x speed increase, Boost has no charge time and Spin Dash can also come out in an instant without needing a charge in Frontiers

I can't look at the page right now since it won't open the wiki pages for me atm, but what's Sepiroth's answer to Super Sonic's Invulnerability? Because if he doesn't have the hax to actually harm and bypass it, he's not doing anything meaningful.

I also believe Sepiroth's fear hax likely won't be enough to stop Super Sonic from activating a thought-based hax like Chaos Control due to a combination of Supernatural Will from never doubting himself no matter the situation + no-selling Dark Gaia's influence on his ambient emotions like he did the entire planet (fear included, as noted in the Sonic Unleashed Beastiary for 'Nightmares'). I'm not arguing that Sonic would be unaffected by the fear hax itself, but I don't think it'll make Sonic lose enough reason to make him forget his thought-based stuff (and considering his reaction speed is 4x greater than his actual speed, that's only extra time he'll have to perceive everything and activate a thought-based hax). What's the range on it?

From what it looks like, Sephi fear haxes him and then uses some other Wincon to beat Sonic. Speed boost gets obsoleted by fear. I’m voting Sephiroth
I have argument in this

Sonic in frontiers key have Indomitable Will and Madness Resistence

Indomitable Will (His unbreakable spirit made Sage question his ability to persist despite being in a state where he could barely stand, allowing her to realize his drive comes from protecting those precious to him. Despite the various challenges and threats he faced during his time on the Starfall Islands, be it enduring his Cyber Corruption to hazardous encounters with the Titans, The End stated that Sonic's courage had never wavered)​

Sonic have a great mental resistence (narrative) and capacity to afront extreme pain and weakness, incluiding the MADNESS resistence

Madness Manipulation and Corruption (Can withstand the power and presence of the World Rings, which were what likely drove the genies of the Arabian Nights mad)​

So the FEAR comparing to Madness, Corruption and extreame pain don't sound like a big deal from a SUPER SONIC

Power Nullification and Empathic Manipulation (Super Sonic was stated to neutralize the negative energies of Perfect Chaos and made it benevolent once again, rendering its will to fight inert)​

Purification (Type 2. Cleanses negative energies, varying from evil beings to anger and negative emotions)​

Sonic can easily Purification inself from the fear and continue the fight

Back