• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So... Where's the major problem with this?

Because the only argument seems to be "These are American, and Sonic is originally a Japanese mascot" or "the wiki says it's an adaptation", with the former being ridiculous and the latter being extremely hypocritical when 99% of the time we avoid using a wiki due to many people having the ability to edit the pages.

Conclusion, there's no proof that it was ever adapted into the main canon. And just because the games are canon to the books doesn't mean the books are canon to the games. The wiki wasn't the main point, the point was just it appears common knowledge that it's nothing beyond an adaptation. We don't accept Nintendo Power comics as being canon to various Nintendo franchises for similar reasons even if they are technically Nintendo published.

I agree with Medeus. We should preferably close this thread.

@Dark it's once again canon to the game, if they are writing about Sonic's Adventures that means it's happened in the games off screen.

@Antvasima we need more people and opinions.

Why must one of my favorite verses be filled with so many toxic debaters... This is why I handle Sonic revisions by myself.

If people are just gonna shit on others or their arguments, then they need to take a step back. Not sure what's gotten into a few of you, but if you can't handle a thread or state an opinion without being rude then you shouldn't be here. Keep comments to yourself if they don't contribute and only clog the thread with unecessary comments.

Anyways, I still agree but ultimately I don't really care what happens here. There are bigger fish to fry than this.

I think that Medeus seems to have thoroughly debunked the canonicity of this.

@ShakeResounding I Agree with you as well. I started will and went on a bumpy hill. But the point of the post stands (Which has not been refuted properly) this post is easily at least 2-B undeniably and it is in the games since Sega And the companies say it's off classic Sonic's adventures.

Antvasima said:
I think that Medeus seems to have thoroughly debunked the canonicity of this.
I'm being rude I'm being straightforward and genuine.

Believe it or not, he has not debunked anything, firstly he used a wiki which has no sourcing and can be edited by anyone anywhere, he then said it's not canon very vaguely which me and a few others disagree with and debunked, which now he's running in circles.

More Knowledgeable Mods And Users Agree with this premise than the latter.

If 1000 people which may include Mods and Knowledgeable Members Agree, are we going to throw it all in a Trash Can because we one mod in question disagrees? Doesn't look right....

Which staff members agreed about this, and what did they say?

None glancing over the threard, ddm is the only one to really give a stance while sera ex has declined to comment to avoid becoming embroiled in a debate. So there have been two staff other then yourself, one that didn't comment and the other that disagreed with the cannocity.

Well, then it doesn't seem like we can use this.

The pen or the sword said:
None glancing over the threard, ddm is the only one to really give a stance while sera ex has declined to comment to avoid becoming embroiled in a debate. So there have been two staff other then yourself, one that didn't comment and the other that disagreed with the cannocity.
Dark did say it was okay. He's not active on it however.

@Elizhaa not busting your chops but are you sure?

Dark said it "seems" okay. That implies leaning towards agreement rather than full-on agreement. There's a reason why. Like myself, Dark probably doesn't want to give the okay or not-okay until he's reviewed all the information and see how it stacks up to the rest of the verse, which is also why Matt doesn't reply to Saint Seiya CRTs. He's carefully revising the verse on his own. I hope people understand this when they ask for knowledgeable members to reply to a CRT, as it's really important.

The problem is, quality takes procedure of quantity. Just because someone made an OP with an entire research paper's worth of text and with dozens of links, doesn't mean all of it is enough to qualify for an upgrade no matter how many people agree. Especially if it's like more than 100 paragraphs like some of ZaStando's historical threads and if 90% of the scans are outright false.

The wiki is still better than nothing at all. It's better than a simple, "Sega's name appears in the book, so it must be canon." And even Sonic and the 4th dimension simply says "Based on a story by Sega" rather than it legit being published or approved by Sega. It once again, at best has about as many canonical connections as the Nintendo Power comics.

Yes. Thank you for helping out.

Should we close this thread?

I just rolled with this in the beginning because I couldn't come up with a refute to the OP and I don't really know the books, but I do feel like DDM is actually making the better case here.

If this is too dubious to consider as canon, then best not to use it.

The thread can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back