• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Imagine, didn't say I disagreed, it's just that 2-B is better for now and will cause less discussions and controversy and it would be easier for the thread to be accepted

TheImagineBreaker121212 said:
There is a problem however that I want to bring up.

I should bring in the Transinfinite Mathematics Stuff, with this Sonic-Verse could be higher than 2-B

the Multiverse is made of a Cantor Sets, an infinite series of transfinite numbers, each greater than the last

these universes are grouped into spacetime continuums that either share the same dimensions, physical laws, etc. There is an potentially infinite number of them from a quantum functionality from the Simultaneous Existence Of Subatomic Particles creating other time streams and parallel universes (also known as Wave Functions Of Super Positions), and given that the Multiverse is driven upon the full-extent of Cantor's Transfinite-Set concept, should it not be High 1-B? (Pre-Tiering Revision At least)

According to the superposition principle of quantum mechanics, wave functions can be added together and multiplied by complex numbers to form new wave functions and form a Hilbert space.
YOU'RE RUINING THE CONSISTENCY OF YOUR CREDIBILITY!

"I may be wrong"

It's not the fact that you may be wrong. The fact is this is primarily a 2-B upgrade and we haven't even try going for anything higher yet. A tier 1 Game Sonic is a bit too much of a stretch right about now. So like...be patient and stay consistency instead of being a wet spaghetti noodle please. It hurts us as a fandom trying to upgrade these guys. So CHILL.

I will unsubscribe to this thread due to time constraints. You can send me a message later if you need my help after you have received more staff input.

Also, I would strongly recommend to stop spamming this thread with nonsense comments.

VioletVoid100 said:
"I may be wrong"

It's not the fact that you may be wrong. The fact is this is primarily a 2-B upgrade and we haven't even try going for anything higher yet. A tier 1 Game Sonic is a bit too much of a stretch right about now. So like...be patient and stay consistency instead of being a wet spaghetti noodle please. It hurts us as a fandom trying to upgrade these guys. So CHILL.
Please don't start insulting me now, I never said what the upgrades were specifically I merely said it was a upgrade. I'm not necessarily saying Game Sonic is Tier 1 but the cosmology could possibly be. I think we've started off on the wrong note, I've deleted comments related to anything above likely 2B-Possibly 2-A right now, delete yours as well.

Antvasima said:
I will unsibscribe to this thread due to time constraints. You can send me a message later if you need my help after you have received more staff input.

Also, I would strongly recommend to stop spamming this thread with nonsense comments.
It's not nonsense, but I'll leave it out of this thread and put it in another when this is all done in.

I absolutely and completely agree with the upgrade and am surprised at this find, good job Imagine.

Although I agree with Violet amd the others in that it's better to hold off on tier 1 upgrades until you find a bit more evidence to support it if possible. If not, then make another thread after this one.

I also wanna apologize on behalf of the wiki for dismissing or embarrassing you and ZaStando, you're both cool dudes, just try not to rush the upgrades or push for too much *cough**cough*1-A Sonic ovo*cough**cough*. But joke's aside, good job man, you made us proud.

Tier 1 to me isn't pushing it, and I'm tired of dealing with this dilemma whether it's me or "him"

And this is a huge derail but if the man has evidence then he has it, it doesn't matter if you like it or not. Tier 1 Sonic as an idea is equivalent to Being a Satanist In This Wikia. So no it's not beyond pushing it in the conventional or general sense, if you have some gripes, confront him instead of whining that he has sonic where he does, I don't agree on a major level with Tier 1 Sonic but it's a possibility that's what the problem is, another one is also I hear people tossing shade at him like they're all bark, let's be real here son, if you actually debated him on it without being on this site or a place on discord (a place I truly hate) I have confidence he'd drop some bars like seriously I've seen the toxicity on the sonic debaters here towards him talk crud get hit seriously. I can tolerate some things but it talking it like you're so above him and not confront him is cowardice to the 2nd decree. And I'm aware of who does this and who doesn't. I've been scrolling and my best advice is if you don't have any intention on conversing with him on a topic, please be quiet instead of calling him "nasty" "freaky" "Disgusting" or saying "look at his tier 1 Sonic stuff it's wank" (fails to elaborate how it is and toss shade at his stuff like you can actually detest it and don't confront him at all)

That's a Coin in the piggy bank.

Theuser789 said:
The Martin Adam books being canon, which would increase the cosmology to 2-B and IDW being set in the games and based on it I think
@Sera, the thread derrailed but this is a summary of it

@Sera EX this is basically a 2-B thread, I expressed it could be higher than that (Which is my right since I did open the post) but then I ditched the concept and gonna use it for another thread, then people saying how Tier 1 is a crazy idea and how this reduces credibility from me or ZaStando27 just because of the very thought.

And then it reminded me of how he's been handled and how is name has been treated ever since his 2nd and even before that.

They throw shade at his thinking merely because it's different, no matter how much evidence it could have, it's always seen as "hurr wank hurr" not because of the content of it all but merely because they just can't see him above Tier 2. Which was my stress. Which I explained.

I know what the thread is about, I was talking about the Zastando talk.

I don't think it should be assumed IDW comics are canon to Game Sonic. Also, it's been discussed just because some of the games have been adapted into Ian Flynn's work doesn't mean we assume anything he does is canon to game Sonic.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I don't think it should be assumed IDW comics are canon to Game Sonic. Also, it's been discussed just because some of the games have been adapted into Ian Flynn's work doesn't mean we assume anything he does is canon to game Sonic.
This isn't from the IDW Comics it's from the Classic era.

@TheImagineBreaker121212 The problem is that you and ZaStando are adamant in pushing for something that is based purely on conjecture and you're constantly spamming threads about it. It just gets people annoyed. All you had to do was keep this thread about 2-B but then you shoot yourself in the foot by arguing for a High 1-B Sonic.

@DDM Ye IDW isn't canon to the games, and if it was it would just make having IDW Sonic profiles redundant. The games can be canon to IDW if they're adapted into it but not the other way around.

Being based on the Classic Canon doesn't make it canon. It's literally just another word for adaptation. There's also the fact that Sega of Japan has no involvement to further prove this. Sonic Bible and Stay Sonic don't even appear to be considered canon to game Sonic either.

@Shadow I didn't shoot myself in the foot I merely explained how it could be above that, I'm pretty sure if I asked knowledgeable members some would come to the conclusion I did. Transinfinite Mathematics with holds everything in math that's infinite, here is how the law works.

If there's an existence Of 1 Infinite there's 2 sets of infinite's and the list goes on and on. This is how Transinfinite Mathematics works with Spatial dimensions, if there's 1, there's infinite ones which become infinite twos and then eventually infinite dimensional (and I'm not even lying, and I got this from a quick google search, not saying it's 100% but it's there) if I was ZaStando27 though it'd be an automatic definite to him and not a possibility. I'm the maker of this thread, I could leave a note saying it's possibly above 2-B if I want. But that's for another post I guess.

A conjecture is an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information

And from what I've recently read, it ain't incomplete.

Most Spam? Spam? Okay how many posts did ZaStando make after his ban was lifted? Not much even if it was considered controversial

Me? I never spammed like 2 posts per day? Less sometimes? These are actual conjecture buddy.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Being based on the Classic Canon doesn't make it canon. It's literally just another word for adaptation. There's also the fact that Sega of Japan has no involvement to further prove this.
Again the Stay Sonic says that the books will write about classic sonic and his adventures after sonic 2. It's not based on it since it's evidently in that timeline, SEGA was in on it and Sega Of Japan never rejected it as it was merely a specification of origin, Sega Of America And Europe formed Years Later. Considering you're getting this from the Wiki page which has no sourcing at all compared to what I have..... nuh uh uh uh.

The books are still made by a third party company that has no correlation to other Sonic games. And that only proves that Sonic 1 and 2 are canon to the book, not vice versa. It's the same thing as making Hyrule Warriors canon to Zelda. Or making the DCAU comics canon to DCAU cartoons.

DDM is right. You can be canon on one side and not canon to the other. There's many examples of one-sided canon.

I don't think anybody's arguing against that though.

The argument is whether nor not it applies here with this "Official Sonic handbook" or whatever this is (I forgot).

Dude... no.... if that third party is literally printed on the classic world than this is just a circular argument which kudos goes to me since it takes less assumptions to assume it's a part of the timeline based on evidence than otherwise.

Being made off a third party doesn't mean anything when nothing says or hints it's non canon to the classic timeline, and considering it's coming from the "official sega handbook" sega And Sonic Gives Permission to write books on his adventures. Sorry to burst the bubbles here but in order to clout these arguments being valid you'd have to prove Stay Sonic is not canon, which proof I've shown says otherwise.

"Official Sega handbook" only applies to Sega of Europe. And it's main purpose was to be the backbone for the various European cartoons and comics. And it's literally ignored by all games and other sources outside of Europe. There's also the fact that both Stay Sonic and Sonic Bible contradict each other. And contradict anything found in any of the games.

Still, it's best to only consider the games and maybe the instruction manual for the games canon. None of the comic books or cartoons are canon.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
"Official Sega handbook" only applies to Sega of Europe. And it's main purpose was to be the backbone for the various European cartoons and comics. And it's literally ignored by all games and other sources outside of Europe. There's also the fact that both Stay Sonic and Sonic Bible contradict each other. And contradict anything found in any of the games.
Except It was stated Sonic Bible was trashed. Stay Sonic is within continuity evidently. You're running in circles with a premise that doesn't help at all. That's the problem here.

@DarkDragon stay Sonic too since it is the official handbook of sega and has it's place in the classic sonic timeline.

Again, that only means the games are canon to the books or cartoons, not the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back