• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Seemingly ordinary Teens with superpowers (Ladybug vs Will Stronghold)

Ladybug easily win this, far more skilled and better versatility, everything that Will can do is Punch and Fly
Doesn’t will have faster movement speed? I don’t think that could get equalized IIRC. Also is this a stomp?

I wouldnt say that Ladybug wins this one, or at least its not a stomp in her favour. Will is technically stronger that her with his AP, and although Ladybug does have some versatility with her yoyo, most of her powerset and fighting style has mostly revolved around stopping possesed villains by purifying their akumas, and not much to do with actually fighting foes herself, since most of her foes rely on using some form of imobilization/mind-control. Then again, Will's overall hero experience is much lower compared to Ladybug's, so it is debatable on who has the more reliable experience. Still, will is stronger, and his fighting style is overall more combat oriented than LB's, which could give her some difficulty.

In terms their power arsenals, while Ladybug does have more abilities, she doesn't have much she can use to get an advantage. Plain and simple, Purification does nothing against Will since his powers are genetic and not magic-sourced based (assuming Ladybug can purify anything that isn't "dark"), and the Miraculous Restoration is non-combat applicable. And while Ladybug is capable of pointing out weaknesses in opponents, Will doesnt have anything Ladybug can exploit reasonably well, or at least cripple him enough to take the victory.

The only thing I could say that would guarantee to give Ladybug a win is probably her lucky charm, since it does always give her something to defeat her opponents with, and her other power, the Miraculous Ladybug does have the power output to move a planet back into its orbit, which is a high 5-A feat (lets be real though, Ladybug with a gun would be hilariously stupid). However, that does put her at a risk of giving her 5 minutes to use the item, and Will could always just fly away from her, dodging her attacks until the timer hits 0.

Yes, Ladybug does have flight with her Space power up potion, and she can use the powerup on the go by eating it herself, but I feel like this is something rather OOC for her to do, since she's had them since season 2, and despite that never really uses them even in situations which she could.

All in all, my vote is inconclusive, though if push comes to shove I do think I'll give it to will. Will has the edge in AP and questionably actual combat experience Ladybug does have some versatility, but her powerset is very niche, and has nothing she can use to incapacitate Will with save for an ability that puts her on a timer, after which she is done for.

I wouldnt say that Ladybug wins this one, or at least its not a stomp in her favour. Will is technically stronger that her with his AP, and although Ladybug does have some versatility with her yoyo, most of her powerset and fighting style has mostly revolved around stopping possesed villains by purifying their akumas, and not much to do with actually fighting foes herself, since most of her foes rely on using some form of imobilization/mind-control. Then again, Will's overall hero experience is much lower compared to Ladybug's, so it is debatable on who has the more reliable experience. Still, will is stronger, and his fighting style is overall more combat oriented than LB's, which could give her some difficulty.

In terms their power arsenals, while Ladybug does have more abilities, she doesn't have much she can use to get an advantage. Plain and simple, Purification does nothing against Will since his powers are genetic and not magic-sourced based (assuming Ladybug can purify anything that isn't "dark"), and the Miraculous Restoration is non-combat applicable. And while Ladybug is capable of pointing out weaknesses in opponents, Will doesnt have anything Ladybug can exploit reasonably well, or at least cripple him enough to take the victory.

The only thing I could say that would guarantee to give Ladybug a win is probably her lucky charm, since it does always give her something to defeat her opponents with, and her other power, the Miraculous Ladybug does have the power output to move a planet back into its orbit, which is a high 5-A feat (lets be real though, Ladybug with a gun would be hilariously stupid). However, that does put her at a risk of giving her 5 minutes to use the item, and Will could always just fly away from her, dodging her attacks until the timer hits 0.

Yes, Ladybug does have flight with her Space power up potion, and she can use the powerup on the go by eating it herself, but I feel like this is something rather OOC for her to do, since she's had them since season 2, and despite that never really uses them even in situations which she could.

All in all, my vote is inconclusive, though if push comes to shove I do think I'll give it to will. Will has the edge in AP and questionably actual combat experience Ladybug does have some versatility, but her powerset is very niche, and has nothing she can use to incapacitate Will with save for an ability that puts her on a timer, after which she is done for.
The AP gap is not big, it is really small, and he lacks decent combay experience, even if Ladybug purification is useless, she still has better fighting style knowledge, which is noted in her profile, but it isnt noted in his profile

She had no need to use her special powers in most occasions which is why she don't use them. However, if she realizes she do needs to use these, that she definitely will use those

What being said above, Ladybug's experience as hero for years would put her above Will. Their stats are quite similar but Ladybug are more versatile and mobility, in contrast to Will being a brute fighter.

Will could likely win if he know to utilized flight ability but Ladybug just have more decisive win. Hero of Paris FRA.

I agree with Bernkastell here; this battle is rather one-sided in Ladybug's favor. The AP gap is not even 1.1x and Ladybug outclasses him in any other aspect. Will just can't pull a win here.

I agree with Bernkastell here; this battle is rather one-sided in Ladybug's favor. The AP gap is not even 1.1x and Ladybug outclasses him in any other aspect. Will just can't pull a win here.
That wasn’t my intention though. I’m sorry you feel that way. I just wanted to make a good matchup. Will does have wincons though, flight, AP, shockwaves.

Oh, no. I'm not saying that this is a spite or something along the lines. It's just a bad matchup. Flight is hardly useful given that if Will plans to win he'll need to get close to Ladybug and Ladybug herself can access to her own flying powers at any given point (It is rare for her to use the Power-up potions, but not unlikely given the circumstances) and even then Ladybug has a more viable ranged offensive than Will with her yo-yo. Close range is also a bad idea given the fact that Will lacks of any remarkable fighting moves while Ladybug has no problem with toying around with Kickboxers and even precognition users.

Shockwaves are hardly a factor even for Marinette

Tbh, even though I haven’t seen sky high, I feel like it’s missing stuff from its profiles. Look at The commander, the only ability he has is superhuman physical characteristics, nothing else. I kinda feel like he should have more.

Can versatility and skill really cause a stomp?
Not strictly. We define a Stomp as an scenario when one of the sides has no way of defeating the other character.

However, a lot of battles around here value versatility and skill over power. Often one counters the other. When you lack of both, you'll seriously need to have something really big to justify a victory.

Oh, no. I'm not saying that this is a spite or something along the lines. It's just a bad matchup. Flight is hardly useful given that if Will plans to win he'll need to get close to Ladybug and Ladybug herself can access to her own flying powers at any given point (It is rare for her to use the Power-up potions, but not unlikely given the circumstances) and even then Ladybug has a more viable ranged offensive than Will with her yo-yo. Close range is also a bad idea given the fact that Will lacks of any remarkable fighting moves while Ladybug has no problem with toying around with Kickboxers and even precognition users.

Shockwaves are hardly a factor even for Marinette
Ok looking at some of the videos given for experience, while I do think her mobility is an acceptable victory factor, i've always been skeptical of whether or not Ladybug has any fighting experience, as in directly fighting akumas, and while these videos show that Ladybug can be smart these videos honestly don't support Ladybug having any fighting experience (though I will concede that Will would probably lose to Ladybug) and here's why.

While the scene in Anansi implies that Ladybug is skilled enough to fight akumas who are not only strong but are skilled in martial arts, the clip here doesn't really support that because all Ladybug is doing in the scene is dodging Anansi's attacks with her mobility until she can bait her into damaging the arc de triomphe and cause it to collapse. In fact, this scene supports moreso supports the idea that Ladybug uses her smarts in order to bait or trap akumas into a spot where she can destroy their akumatized item and free the akuma trapped inside.

Meanwhile, the scene in Party Crasher show's that while Ladybug is smart enough to figure out the akuma's weakness and exploit, Party Crasher can't be used as an example of fighting experience because of a few reasons.
  1. Party Crasher isn't really an akuma known for its fighting experience or AP, most of its danger comes from the hax that he has at his disposal. Also he is just a normal kid outside of his akuma self, so he doesn't have any fighting experience as well.
  2. Ladybug was only able to defeat Party Crasher with the help of her teammates since she would be defeated on her own, and even then it was only to effectively "short curcuit" his precognition powers, causing him to be disoriented and vulnerable. Even if Ladybug kicking Party Crasher was considered "fighting experience", not only was he left disoriented by the loss of his percognition, but he was already softened up by the other heroes knocking him about, as shown in the following montage of the heroes defeating the villain.

i've always been skeptical of whether or not Ladybug has any fighting experience, as in directly fighting akumas, and while these videos show that Ladybug can be smart these videos honestly don't support Ladybug having any fighting experience
If you reduce Figthing experience to traditional K.O.

There's a ton of characters that existed, still exist and will exist that will outclass Ladybug in terms of skills yet might as well go an entire series without defeating a single character in a direct confrontation or even defeat one altogether. Saying that a character lacks of fighting experience even though it engages in to fights against different individuals through the course of the series because the ending is not the traditional one in fight is a rather simplistic vision of all the factors that involve a match in the realms of fiction.

the clip here doesn't really support that because all Ladybug is doing in the scene is dodging Anansi's attacks with her mobility until she can bait her into damaging the arc de triomphe and cause it to collapse.
That's CQC. Close combat is not only about offense. Defense is primordial in any direct match, and going on with a kickboxer with access with multiple limbs all longer than her body length it's an attest of skill. If dodging where to be that easy, a lot if not every match would go on ‘till it goes stale.
In fact, this scene supports moreso supports the idea that Ladybug uses her smarts in order to bait or trap akumas into a spot where she can destroy their akumatized item and free the akuma trapped inside.
Because that's her main goal (But also to release Alya and Chat Noir from Anansi's webs). Her being clever on doing so doesn’t takes away the fact that she’s using her physical skill to get there.
Party Crasher can't be used as an example of fighting experience because of a few reasons.
You missed the point here.
Party Crasher isn't really an akuma known for its fighting experience or AP,
I never said he was.
and even then it was only to effectively "short curcuit" his precognition powers, causing him to be disoriented and vulnerable.
If you don’t think that being effectively competent in combat while moving in such erratic pattern that a precognition user is not able to foresee what you would do, then very, very few things would count as actual skill.

Back